Preview Changes for round 2 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

In: JK, Cripps, Ah Chee

Out: Brander, Waterman, Hickey/Vardy

Allen to back up ruck. Way too top heavy in Brissy. Vardy has first dibs on sole ruck, but I'd like to see what Hickey can do with a real crack at it

So..

I reckon we might just see

I: Kennedy
O: Brander

Cripps to play WAFL time - which saves one of Venables or Petrucelle.

Maybe Waterman goes if they want to get a run into a young mid (or Ah Chee) but I suspect he lives to fight another week.

In JK and Cripps
Out Waterman and Brander

A forward line of JK, Allen, Darling, Cripps and Ryan looks deadly. We are missing Rioli big time

JK for Waterman
Cripps for either Petch or Brander, depending on what GWS bring

I dont think we will make a whole lot of changes after one s**t game.

In Kennedy
out: Waterman or Brander

Brander offers utility role, fwd, mid, back. But can go missing
Waterman should have bigger tank and help play that connector role.

So..

I reckon we might just see

I: Kennedy
O: Brander

Cripps to play WAFL time - which saves one of Venables or Petrucelle.

Maybe Waterman goes if they want to get a run into a young mid (or Ah Chee) but I suspect he lives to fight another week.
I’d prefer Brander ahead of Waterman, he had a better game on Saturday as a link-up player, and in dryer conditions his class will rise to the top.

In: Kennedy, Ah Chee, Rioli (if fit)
Out: Waterman, Brander, Petruccelle
So post SJOGIU my updated changes are:
In: Kennedy, Ah Chee
Out: Waterman/Brander, Petruccelle

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Duggan Gov Jetta
Masten Sheed Redden
Ah Chee Darling Venables
Ryan Kennedy Allen

Vardy Shuey Yeo

Hickey Hutchings Cole Waterman/Brander

Cripps to play WAFL minutes and it would be a flip of a coin imo for that last bench spot between Waterman and Brander

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Brander Waterman Hutchings Hickey
In: Kennedy M Allen AhChee Cripps

Hurn Barrass Sheppard
Duggan McGovern Cole
Masten Sheed Redden
Cripps Darling AhChee
Petrucelle Kennedy Ryan

Ruck: Vardy Yeo Shuey
Int: O Allen Venables M Allen Jetta

We need Hutchins to tag so he won’t miss.

who did he tag last week? seemed like both neale and zorko had plenty of impact and hutch seemed to spend a bit of time on the hff.
Good for hutchings on becoming a premiership player and when he has a clearly defined negating role i think he is useful (did excellent in gf), but outside of being a role player he really adds nothing to the team and doesn't belong in the 22. Really not a fan of this "he deserves to keep his spot" mantra, a role player like him only plays when there is a role.

That being said, i think getting him to sit on cogs wouldn't be terrible.

Waterman is the most obvious out in my opinion. I also think playing two rucks because it's the west coast way is a recipe for disaster, not sure vardy and hickey is a viable way forward. Get mallen in and he can pinch hit if need be.

who did he tag last week? seemed like both neale and zorko had plenty of impact and hutch seemed to spend a bit of time on the hff.
Good for hutchings on becoming a premiership player and when he has a clearly defined negating role i think he is useful (did excellent in gf), but outside of being a role player he really adds nothing to the team and doesn't belong in the 22. Really not a fan of this "he deserves to keep his spot" mantra, a role player like him only plays when there is a role.

That being said, i think getting him to sit on cogs wouldn't be terrible.

Waterman is the most obvious out in my opinion. I also think playing two rucks because it's the west coast way is a recipe for disaster, not sure vardy and hickey is a viable way forward. Get mallen in and he can pinch hit if need be.
He switched between Zorco and Neale last week but our midfield was so shot that it makes tagging almost impossible when you have every one of their mids dominating.
Hutch was the best tagger in the comp last year and against a team flush with midfield stars such as GWS he is a must have inclusion.
It isn't that he deserves the spot, we need him in. Honestly, who have we got available on the side lines that would offer more in the midfield?
Plenty of others dropped before Hutch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back