Prediction CHANGES FOR ROUND 2 VS ST KILDA

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheed is a high draft pick who at the top level looks capable of having a real impact. He's in his 4th year now and has breakout written all over him after last year was ruined by inquiries.
Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 9.22.53 am.png

FB: Sheppard Barrass Wellingham
FF: Membrey Bruce Gresham

HB: Hurn McGovern Yeo
HF: Sinclair McCartin Weller

C: Jetta Mitchell Gaff
C: Ross Steele Billings

HF: Masten Darling Cripps
HB: Webster Roberton Savage

FF: LeCras Kennedy Vardy
FB: Geary Carlisle Brown

R: Giles Priddis Shuey
R: Hickey Armitage Steven

I: Nelson Sheed Redden Hill
I: Wright Dunstan Acres Wright

You guys shouldn't underestimate us.

We played terribly against Melbourne, but we've added some height and defensive stability with Brown and Carlisle.

Therefore, I think Josh Kennedy will only narrowly beat us this week.
We are not underestimating anyone we did that last year and the bulldogs gave us a royal hiding. We are a lot more than just Josh Kenndey although it helps having him haha.

Its actually good to have some decent players waiting for their chance in the seconds,been a while since that's been the case

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
I agree the most positive part was the following we had 7 of our mids having more than 20 touches:

Look we all expect Mitchell, Shuey, Gaff and Priddis to rack up the pill. However Masten, Yeo and Redden really stepped up throw in Sheed, a firing Jetta and we look a whole lot better. Also Mark Lecras can now play as a full time forward instead of a bit/part forward/midfielder.

So that's Out: Emac (shocker of a game), Hutch (unlucky) Petrie (inj)
In: Sheed, Barras, Giles

I think they are both a bit lumbering. Vardy moving pretty well for a guy with so many injuries tbf but I still don't put much stock in either of them producing too much up forward or pressuring consistently.

Petrie was ideal because he was pressuring all day and can contribute up top.
Well it's no good whinging though - injuries suck but that's the way it is. We just have to make do with what we have available unfortunately. Simmo must have known something when he made sure we had backup in the ruck. Petrie is not a true ruckman either, more of a pinch hitter anyway.

Wellingham was a deadset liability by foot. Nelson had the fumbles. Between them they had Simmo pretty enraged in the box.

Wellers kicking was absolute trash in JLT 2, and a thing of beauty in JLT 3. So by that logic after the weekends showing he is due to deliver pinpoint bullets against the Saints. We missed Butlers class and clean possession for sure. One of those two makes way for Butler if they have a poor showing against the Saints I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do st kilda have two wrights?

And if so, do they make a wrong

A winning margin like we had against would traditionally suggest few changes would be made. Changes would be for injuries, suspension, poor top side form, outstanding WAFL form and structure.

Giles for Petire – straight swap with injury. I actually like the idea of Vardy being the KPF and chop out in the ruck and Giles will compete.

Schofield or Barrass for Mackenzie – eMac is unfortunately not up to AFL level. He gets pushed off the ball and I was certain North’s attacking plan was to kick to whoever eMac was playing on. Barrass missed his chance to grab eMac’s spot and demand it be his. Pity.

AFL poor form – contenders are Jetta and Wellingham. Jetta looks like he is surplus to our game plan. Wellers just had too many turnovers and made crap decisions. Nelson will need to improve to stay up but he was not our worst – saw Simmo was really pissed off in the box with him and Wellers.

WAFL great form says a big hello to Tom Lamb. A welcome sight – now back it up with a body of work like that and you will put serious pressure on Darling and he needs to be put on notice that he needs to stop staging for kicks.

WAFL other – did not see the game but we had enough ok players without standing up tall. Expect Butler to come into consideration (possibly Wellers or Nelson). Would be prepared to give Parto a run as I think we can afford it against the Saints and Jetta is the likely candidate.

Structurally, I loved the play of Yeo in defence and only going 2 talls defensively. St Kilda’s forward line is not that big and without Roo and McCartin, I would stay smaller and faster.

Summary:
Out: Petrie, Mackenzie, Jetta
In: Giles, Schofield, Partington

A winning margin like we had against would traditionally suggest few changes would be made. Changes would be for injuries, suspension, poor top side form, outstanding WAFL form and structure.

Giles for Petire – straight swap with injury. I actually like the idea of Vardy being the KPF and chop out in the ruck and Giles will compete.

Schofield or Barrass for Mackenzie – eMac is unfortunately not up to AFL level. He gets pushed off the ball and I was certain North’s attacking plan was to kick to whoever eMac was playing on. Barrass missed his chance to grab eMac’s spot and demand it be his. Pity.

AFL poor form – contenders are Jetta and Wellingham. Jetta looks like he is surplus to our game plan. Wellers just had too many turnovers and made crap decisions. Nelson will need to improve to stay up but he was not our worst – saw Simmo was really pissed off in the box with him and Wellers.

WAFL great form says a big hello to Tom Lamb. A welcome sight – now back it up with a body of work like that and you will put serious pressure on Darling and he needs to be put on notice that he needs to stop staging for kicks.

WAFL other – did not see the game but we had enough ok players without standing up tall. Expect Butler to come into consideration (possibly Wellers or Nelson). Would be prepared to give Parto a run as I think we can afford it against the Saints and Jetta is the likely candidate.

Structurally, I loved the play of Yeo in defence and only going 2 talls defensively. St Kilda’s forward line is not that big and without Roo and McCartin, I would stay smaller and faster.

Summary:
Out: Petrie, Mackenzie, Jetta
In: Giles, Schofield, Partington
Might just me but Parto hasn't impressed me as much so far this season. He gets a lot of touches but not too many that's very damaging. I rather see sheed in as he is damaging with ball in hand.

Sorry asterix but I disagree that Jetta is surplus you our game plan. Admittedly he was quiet against north but his pace on the outside is something we need - we would have looked so much better with the ball going through his hands more

That said we can't afford to carry someone who struggles to get more than single digit possessions. He needs to be better than that to stay in the side

In: Giles , Schofield
Out: Petrie ( Inj) Emac

Notes:

- Giles for Petrie is a no brainer plus it limits the potential for Gov in the ruck.
- If we decide to play a 2 man defense i think Schofield works way better with Gov and co down back than Emac.
- Barrass for Nelson if we decide to go down the 3 man backline for the Saints.
- Nelson had an average game but i really think we need to keep developing some young players and he should be aloud a few more games before he gets dropped.
- Jetta had an off game but all our other mids where dominating the possessions so no concern there for me.

Have to have 3 talls in the side in my opinion . If one is injured with only two in the side we would be seriously compromised. Emac will keep his position as he wasn't no where near as bad as some crew are suggesting. Schofield to come in for probably Nelson. Giles in for Petrie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back