Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 20 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting stat on Yeo near the bottom of the page: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-08/the-inquirer-totally-random-facts

Obviously from only a small sample as he hasn't played in the middle a lot, but will be good to see him back there! I had hoped he might be fit for the dons, but his status hasn't changed from 2-3 weeks for a while now.

He was particular dominant in the centre clearances, averaged more clearances than Priddis and Shuey in spite of not being a particularly strong in the stoppage clearances.

The disrespect on this board is amazing. Just another example of how poor our fans are.

Seriously this is just wrong. The equivalent of calling people "haters" because they question anything.

Cox is currently our 3rd best option in the ruck. The 2 better options are fit. He only plays if we play 3 or if we are being sentimental. If we were right in the thick of a fight for finals he definitely shouldn't play. As it is maybe we can afford to give him a proper send off but the notion that discussing all of the above is "disrespectful" is nonsense.

I assume you'll respond to all these responses to your post by explaining the perceived disrespect. To not do so would be disrespectful to this board :)

Both they could also think that playing as many games with him before he leaves so they can learn as much as possible.

Exactly....team sports is about being a team...there's some competition within the team but in the best teams the players will bleed for eachother. To infer that rotating players to give a legend of the club a couple of extra games will piss them off is to imply our team culture is a complete crap corporate every player for themselves.

And we'll never win another flag if the players don't play for eachother.

Exactly....team sports is about being a team...there's some competition within the team but in the best teams the players will bleed for eachother. To infer that rotating players to give a legend of the club a couple of extra games will piss them off is to imply our team culture is a complete crap corporate every player for themselves.

Strawman alert!

The issue isn't "pissing NN & Lycett" off it's playing our best players/the players that are going to help is in future. In both cases playing Cox achieves nothing.

The specific "piss off" issue with Lycett related to his management asking about Cox's future beyond this year. Clearly not playing was an issue for him. And until that was/is fully resolved creating any doubt in his mind was sub optimal ...

Cox has earned some leeway but not so much as it's to the detriment of the club...

I've been an old player, it's hard to give it up. But when it's gone it's gone ...

Absolute piss weak theory. How did that notion workout for Embers and Sellers? The team got pumped by 100 points, the boys put in a great effort for our champs that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think the club is disrespecting us the members and the fans by playing Coxy, we deserve to see our best possible side put on the park each weekend.
Dean Cox has been an out and out champion and I don't see anyone who is being disrespectful to him.
The club on the other hand are consistently not respectful to their members and supporters. Ridiculous Memberships costs, returning the wings, resting players and not playing your best side, pretty much everything they do they could not care less what their members and supporters think. Been that way for a while now.

And your arguement is the team will play better with Cox out there?

My argument is that the players won't get upset about Cox being out there if we have a half decent culture. As for whether the team plays better or worse, it's dependent on who the other 21 players are. Hawthorn have shown over and over again that one player doesn't make the difference.

My argument is that the players won't get upset about Cox being out there if we have a half decent culture. As for whether the team plays better or worse, it's dependent on who the other 21 players are. Hawthorn have shown over and over again that one player doesn't make the difference.

So we should play Zerg and it wouldn't matter... It's on the other 21 players ...

Brilliant insight :)

Bring Ash Smith back into the side guys, the other 21 will love playing with him and can lift.

I suggest we bring back Fatty Lamb. Never really got the send of he deserved, pace was never a strength anyway and the other 21 blokes would bleed for the jumper if he was in ...

I suggest we bring back Fatty Lamb. Never really got the send of he deserved, pace was never a strength anyway and the other 21 blokes would bleed for the jumper if he was in ...

Bring back Woosh to play and coach this week, missed out on a send off in both roles!

We know he's fit, crushed the marathon...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back