Preview Changes for Round 22 v Fremantle @ Optus Stadium. Sunday 3:10pm AWST.

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone else who struggles with comprehension. There’s a few around.

When we’ve played Vardy or Williams as Naitanui’s backup we’ve won 7 and lost 6. When we’ve played Allen (or Gov for half a game) in that role we’re 3 and lost 4.

We’re an average side that’s had average results all year regardless of who’s picked. So the notion that picking Vardy is “setting us up to fail” is ludicrous.

drop the superiority complex and stick to discussions

drop the superiority complex and stick to discussions

You mean discussions where you tell me I’ve said something, I ask you where I said it and you disappear?

Or discussions where you tell me I got something wrong, post a link to an article that proves me right, then ask which of us got it right?

I think I’ll pass.

One thing our development coaches are actually very good at is upping disposal skill, at least by foot. Let's see him after a pre-season.

Same thing applies to Langdon, I expect him to come back better next year or not to play.

I had a dream last night ............where Zaccy boy was on the Bounces "Biggest Kick"!

The Chief nominated 62.5m.

Alas I woke up and by now you would have thought if he could be coached to kick further than 37.5m, he would be.

I had a dream last night ............where Zaccy boy was on the Bounces "Biggest Kick"!

Alas I woke up and by now you would have thought if he could be coached to kick further than 37.5m, he would be.
Funny that.

I had the same dream but the Chief nominated 62.5.....feet.

Someone else who struggles with comprehension. There’s a few around.

When we’ve played Vardy or Williams as Naitanui’s backup we’ve won 7 and lost 6. When we’ve played Allen (or Gov for half a game) in that role we’re 3 and lost 4.

We’re an average side that’s had average results all year regardless of who’s picked. So the notion that picking Vardy is “setting us up to fail” is ludicrous.

Agree with the average side sentiment.

Drilling down ever further we're 3-4 with Vardy and 4-2 with Williams.

1 of Vardys wins came against Freo where Allen played down back and Vardy was the 3rd tall up fwd when not rucking. The other two were the GC and the Pies game where they lost Howe and De Goey very early on.

3 of Williams wins were against Hawks (where Allen played down back again), Carlton (where Oscar and JK didn't play) and Adelaide 2nd time round (when JK didn't play).

Also played the first Crows game over here. This and the GC game are the only games where I'd say the 3 talls PLUS 2 ruck setup has worked all year.

Its this 3 tall fwd PLUS the two rucks setup I have an issue with. What do we do with the 2nd ruck when he's not rucking? It just gives us no flexibility to play smaller up fwd if matchups allow.

He might almost get there with two of his best kicks combined.

One thing our development coaches are actually very good at is upping disposal skill, at least by foot.

Would like to think that MOST players who we draft onto our list have have already mastered the fundamentals of the ball drop in junior football.

1628923030744.png images-5.jpg download-3.jpg

You either have it or you don't see above for an example of the don'ts :arrowup::arrowup::arrowup:

Alternatively see below for the do's. :arrowdown::arrowdown::arrowdown:

download-2.jpg

Our new AFLW recruit Sarah Lakay.

One has a text book kicking style and ball drop .................. the other .............. not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet we’ve won more games than we’ve lost when we’ve played a second ruck.

If we’re setting ourselves up to fail by picking Vardy or Williams, why do we win just as often?
Correlation does not always mean causation.

I can't think of a single game this year where I thought Vardy was the diffence (or even had a noticeable impact).

Would like to think that MOST players who we draft onto our list have have already mastered the fundamentals of the ball drop in junior football.

View attachment 1205862 View attachment 1205864 View attachment 1205866

You either have it or you don't see above for an example of the don'ts :arrowup::arrowup::arrowup:

Alternatively see below for the do's. :arrowdown::arrowdown::arrowdown:

View attachment 1205873

Our new AFLW recruit Sarah Lakay.

One has a text book kicking style and ball drop .................. the other .............. not so much.
Even with his s**t ball drop ainsworth would dominate AFLW.

Correlation does not always mean causation.

I can't think of a single game this year where I thought Vardy was the diffence (or even had a noticeable impact).

The primary reason I would select Vardy would be so Allen can stay in the fwd line.

I would suspect Allen has been down in form since the bye because he has been beaten up in the ruck and because he has been thrown around the ground too much

We will win today

We will lose next weekend

% will once again cost us at the business end of the season

"But, but percentage doesnt matter! (Says parts of this board at the start of every season)". Even though for the past 3 seasons it has cost us two top 4 spots and likely a finals spot this year........

We will win today

"But, but percentage doesnt matter! (Says parts of this board at the start of every season)". Even though for the past 3 seasons it has cost us two top 4 spots and likely a finals spot this year........
Our percentage tells me we're gonna struggle next year.

Getting smashed when we lose and only einning by a few goals.

Our core players will be a year older and another year past their peak.

If we dont make the call and move on 2 to 3 elder statesman than we are delaying the fall off a cliff.

We will win today

Losing to the spoon team at home cost us finals. Being a very, very average Collingwood teams last win of the season will cost us finals. Cripps kicking into the man on the mark vs the dogs in round 2 cost us finals (or did his miss from point blank lol? I forget). Not %.

We will win today

Get the wins and the percentage takes care of itself.

at the end of the day, you finish where you should. Do you really think we should be higher than where we are this year based on our performances?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back