Changes For Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

No changes unless Howe is 100% fit.He might need to get a bit of match fitness for the finals after missing three weeks in a row.

Can’t drop Oxley after today. He was, well, not exactly good, but solid. The unlucky one would be Murphy, who will be a player but isn’t yet quite ready.

Q - does Murray come back in?

In Howe
Out Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep should be the only one, but I’m not sure he’ll get up for the flight over.
Hocking on ABC radio said he trained this morning and seems likely. 100% improvement after procedure.

Howe for Oxley for mine. Oxley was okay, but had a couple of turn overs early. Was quite good when our midfield go on top, as were most of the defence.
Not sure about Madgen though, going okay. Maybe will be a bit better with Howe as cover.

Once again looking at the selection pattern this season would be best indication.

Overall themes:

• Like for like
  • New players get more than one game as an unofficial rule
  • Possession of positions is beneficial
  • The best players do come back in
On this basis I'd suggest:

Howe is certain to return assuming he's uncorked.
Means a like for like type makes way.
That seems simple enough being Oxley.

We also know Murray to be likely available but is he a certain inclusion; suggest he's not that, yet.

So really it's a judgment call on Murphy and how he'd go two games in a row.
Have a feeling he remains.

One change hence:

In: Howe
Out: Oxley

Emergencies to be taken to Fremantle:

McLarty, Murray, Oxley, Daicos

As an aside, have a feeling Callum has been earmarked as having done what's required but that's it unless it's a last minute call up. Another pre season will be highly beneficial.

Ps I'm happy resting Stephenson between round 23 and the finals. That middle week :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back