Changes for Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In: Robbo
Out: Bewick.

I’d love to see Allison in. Ended last year strongly, but I’m not sure who comes out for him. Maybe Mayes or Nick Robbo.
Wouldn’t be dropping Rayner 2 games in, looks to be holding his own and is slowly growing. Also wouldn’t drop Witho. Barely played 10 games, averages well over 20 touches and we want to drop him for a few poor disposals? I’d back him to overcome his first taste of adversity.
I’m not a fan of walker. I don’t think he’s the answer so if they’re up for it, I’d be bringing in a young tall.

I’d love to see Allison in. Ended last year strongly, but I’m not sure who comes out for him. Maybe Mayes or Nick Robbo.
Wouldn’t be dropping Rayner 2 games in, looks to be holding his own and is slowly growing. Also wouldn’t drop Witho. Barely played 10 games, averages well over 20 touches and we want to drop him for a few poor disposals? I’d back him to overcome his first taste of adversity.
I’m not a fan of walker. I don’t think he’s the answer so if they’re up for it, I’d be bringing in a young tall.
Would you drop Witho for watching Garlett run away from him and kicking a couple of goals? You're probably right.....best to learn at the coal face.

Would you drop Witho for watching Garlett run away from him and kicking a couple of goals? You're probably right.....best to learn at the coal face.

No. He’s played 11 games. I’d show him the vision and hope he learns from it. He’s done more right than wrong in 11 odd games. Given his output I think he’s held to higher standards to most at his stage of a career.

We're a team that is still trying to figure out how each other play. We're already 'playing the kids' so big changes to the side is going to dent the confidence of a few on the fringe and that's the last thing we need.

Robbo in, Hodge out, still travels with the team and sits on the bench

We're a team that is still trying to figure out how each other play. We're already 'playing the kids' so big changes to the side is going to dent the confidence of a few on the fringe and that's the last thing we need.

Robbo in, Hodge out, still travels with the team and sits on the bench

Agreed. Not a game to throw babies to the wolves.

Not sure selecting Archie next week makes a whole lot of sense.

With Ryder down, Lobbe and Trengove gone, I've literally got no idea who their ruck will be. I'm confident Stef can take full advantage.
Stef showed he can match Gawn and only hit the bench twice, imagine he will smoke which ever plodder the power churns out this week.

For the absolute s**t that was Withos first half, the kid never stopped trying and worked his way into the game. He actually set up 2 goals as well from memory.

He gets so much s**t when he has a bad game due to his awesome debut season, but people need to remember the second year blues are a very real thing.

I reckon Rayner needs a rest. Move him to the reserves and play him on ball for the majority of the match. Not learning much in our forward line gathering a handful of touches a game. Might be stunting him if anything IMO.

Yeah needs to go into the reserves and play on ball. More about managing him than anything else.

And Mayes..no desire for the contest,times up.Bewick,I have no brief for ,but he won't be dropped after a twenty possession game..

For the absolute s**t that was Withos first half, the kid never stopped trying and worked his way into the game. He actually set up 2 goals as well from memory.

He gets so much s**t when he has a bad game due to his awesome debut season, but people need to remember the second year blues are a very real thing.
The rubbish put out on this board about our kids is outrageous. Witherdon,Rayner,Coxand co.are our future champions.You wonder why they would stay if they were exposed to this garbage.

Mayes lack of appetite for the contest has always been a concern .Gives it up as soon as a tackle is imminent ,and wont take the hit..McLuggage,on the other hand is so cool under pressure, even though hes smaller than most..

Mayes lack of appetite for the contest has always been a concern .Gives it up as soon as a tackle is imminent ,and wont take the hit..McLuggage,on the other hand is so cool under pressure, even though hes smaller than most..

One thing I noticed in the game was we pushed Mayes to some stoppages and I honestly thought he did well. He won a clearance and blocked well for team mates. I can't help but wonder if we will give both he and Rich some time in the middle this year. Mayes is at the age where he is physically developed and could use his strengths around stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rubbish put out on this board about our kids is outrageous. Witherdon,Rayner,Coxand co.are our future champions.You wonder why they would stay if they were exposed to this garbage.
I can only assume they'd be asking for trades to some amateurs league if their concern is fans on the internet being critical given even GC and GWS have posters on BF criticizing players.

Don't know why people would drop Hodge, we are gonna get smashed. Getting Hodge would still get us to work late in the game

It is clearly about managing Hodge's workload to ensure we get max games out of him over two years.

I reckon he'll play, but managing Hodge is not the same as 'dropping' him.

Not so much ins and outs, but prefer to see some positional changes.

Zorko to a forward flank with Bundy on the other forward flank. Basically 3 flankers, with CC as well.

Give Rayner some time in the middle as well as up forward in a pocket.

Bring MRobbo back in (on the bench) but throw him in to the contested midfield rotation, with Berry and Mathieson starting. McCluggage, Beams and Taylor as the mid starters.

I’m not sure whether to rest Hodge or drop Mayes.

What bringing Hodge in has highlighted for me is, we really do need an experienced player in a back pocket position who can “quarterback” our defence.

It is clearly about managing Hodge's workload to ensure we get max games out of him over two years.

I reckon he'll play, but managing Hodge is not the same as 'dropping' him.
Someone mentioned earlier that he wouldn't be making any of the trips to SA and WA.

I just feel like it would be sensible to get him to the games where we need leadership. Would rather get him to Port game and thenr est him next week at home or something

Not so much ins and outs, but prefer to see some positional changes.

Zorko to a forward flank with Bundy on the other forward flank. Basically 3 flankers, with CC as well.

Give Rayner some time in the middle as well as up forward in a pocket.

Bring MRobbo back in (on the bench) but throw him in to the contested midfield rotation, with Berry and Mathieson starting. McCluggage, Beams and Taylor as the mid starters.

I’m not sure whether to rest Hodge or drop Mayes.

What bringing Hodge in has highlighted for me is, we really do need an experienced player in a back pocket position who can “quarterback” our defence.
Port are painfully slow through their midfield. Moving Zorko up forward will only work into their hands IMO. I think CC should play a lot more minutes up the field against them as well to further expose Ports one way running plodders.

What we lack is key defenders who won't be out-marked with ease.

Gardiner to take a tall as he will make them earn a mark and we need other tall defensive defender.

Frost?????

We have mo one else>>>>>>
The problem with Gardiner playing on a proper KPF is that half the time he gives away stupid free kicks because he panics.

The problem with Gardiner playing on a proper KPF is that half the time he gives away stupid free kicks because he panics.
He'd also be giving away 10kg to a guy like Jesse Hogan last week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back