Changes for round 5 vs Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

A height match up in the middle is overrated. A lot o the Taggers in the comp aren’t that tall anyway. The only time Cripps would get a chance to his height is in a marking contest but he Ain’t the type to spread and get a bucket load of uncontested mark around the ground. If he goes forward, then one of our defenders will pick him up.

Yeah but Cripps is a KP sized beast.

Yeo plays at his best when he goes head to head with a mid and the good thing with Yeo is he has the aerial capability to compete with Cripps.

Id put Hutchings on Ed Curnow who racks up a fair bit of ball if they want to tag anyone.

Paraphrasing Simpson's presser the other day he said he'd like to get 1-2 more kids into the side over the next fortnight but the EP bye came at a bad time. I'm comfortable with that explanation.

I'd imagine any of Cole, Watson, Petrucelle, Partington and Karpany are candidates.

Paraphrasing Simpson's presser the other day he said he'd like to get 1-2 more kids into the side over the next fortnight but the EP bye came at a bad time. I'm comfortable with that explanation.

I'd imagine any of Cole, Watson, Petrucelle, Partington and Karpany are candidates.

Plus Ainsworth and Brander.

Arguably the most talented kid on our list. It'd be great to see him debut although you'd hope it's not because of an injury to a forward.

I think if JK was going to be out another 3-4 weeks i think he would have gotten a crack.

If Brander is still kicking 2-3 goals or has a blinder of a game where he kicks 5-6 i think we will give JK a rest at some point and let Brander have a go.

I think maybe v North and Lions away we can get away with resting JK and giving Brander a crack.

I think if JK was going to be out another 3-4 weeks i think he would have gotten a crack.

If Brander is still kicking 2-3 goals or has a blinder of a game where he kicks 5-6 i think we will give JK a rest at some point and let Brander have a go.

I think maybe v North and Lions away we can get away with resting JK and giving Brander a crack.

I'm not so confident about that particular fixture, think that is a massive danger game. They must have a crazy record at Blundstone.

It'd be great to see him get a crack though and I think they will probably try and appease him at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh? Hope it's more precautionary than anything. Good to see Cole in if true.
I’m probably gonna do a simmo at a post game press conference but I suspect Jetta was touch and go. He was probably given an extra day to prove his fitness But he couldn’t get up for it this time.

I’m probably gonna do a simmo at a post game press conference but I suspect Jetta was touch and go. He was probably given an extra day to prove his fitness But he couldn’t get up for it this time.
Just sounded like he was pleased Jetta was out. Probs misinterpreted :thumbsu:

A height match up in the middle is overrated. A lot o the Taggers in the comp aren’t that tall anyway. The only time Cripps would get a chance to his height is in a marking contest but he Ain’t the type to spread and get a bucket load of uncontested mark around the ground. If he goes forward, then one of our defenders will pick him up.

Whilst I agree to a point, the benefit of playing Yeo on the likes of Cripps in a 1-on-1 battle - is that he will take Yeo to the ball, which is Yeo's main weakness. He's not a natural ball hunter.

HOwever when he is around the ball he's about as dynamic as there is.

He can expose Cripps in the air, and for footspeed in open play.

And being a bigger body, he won't get outmuscled at the stoppage

Personally I think if Yeo's time is going to majority midfield - it would be best to play him one on one against the most damaging/ grunt mids of the opposition.

I've said before - he outshone the likes of Fyfe, Danger and Bont last year.

Odd. Cole finally gets his spot back after having some unfortunate news on the eve of the season.

So what happens if he comes out with a cracking game? Does he keep his spot over Jetta next week? (not likely)

Perhaps they are building up to a potential Nelson axing and are giving Cole a week to make Nelsons spot his next week.

I want Watson and Petrucelle though :(

Whilst I agree to a point, the benefit of playing Yeo on the likes of Cripps in a 1-on-1 battle - is that he will take Yeo to the ball, which is Yeo's main weakness. He's not a natural ball hunter.

HOwever when he is around the ball he's about as dynamic as there is.

He can expose Cripps in the air, and for footspeed in open play.

And being a bigger body, he won't get outmuscled at the stoppage

Personally I think if Yeo's time is going to majority midfield - it would be best to play him one on one against the most damaging/ grunt mids of the opposition.

I've said before - he outshone the likes of Fyfe, Danger and Bont last year.

100% this. He also seems to play more aggressive in that role.

Injuries are happening to all our speedsters - damn! We will miss Jetta and his kicking skills off halfback. Hoping Cole can acquit himself well.

Jetta's been crucial to way we've player this year. He and Hurn out of the back line have driven a lot of our fwd play. Shouldn't matter too much for tomorrow (touchwood) though. I'd have preferred Watson in, that's a lot of pace out of the side now.

On a sidenote, didnt a few journos say Jetta didn't even fly over yesterday? If so, what's the point of naming him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back