Preview Changes for round 6 - Gold Coast Vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like the look of Neale, uses it well and brings good intensity, but is the question regarding his fitness? Can't see him running out a full game too well. Neale sub again IMO

Just the one change

Out: Anthony
In: Sandilands

Give the 3 rucks setup a shot

They are pretty quick the Gold Coast, I'd be wary of two many talls.
Need some changes, no doubt !

In : Sandi, Silvagni
Out : Anthony, Griffen

Neale is a midfielder, we need him to be playing from the beginning as soon as he is fit enough.

Agree. Not sure why he is the first everyone wants to drop. We will get nowhere if we keep sticking with the same guys who have proven over and over they cannot play consistently good football at AFL level.

get the feeling that crozier is the type of player that'll play at a similar level in afl to wafl.

I got that impression too.
Not sure whether Lyon will risk him yet though. He seems more like the type to totally distort football beyond recognition to accommodate the players he has got rather than introduce players who are just inherently better footballers.

In: Walters

No need to rush Sandilands back Griffen went alright. Need to get rid of a tall and bring and bring in a small.

Seriously? Walters has only just been allowed to train with the team again.

In: Sandi

I would like to see Griff, Clarke and Sandi play in the same side - may as well try it against GC to see if it can work.

Seriously? Walters has only just been allowed to train with the team again.

In: Sandi

I would like to see Griff, Clarke and Sandi play in the same side - may as well try it against GC to see if it can work.

If we go this way we need smalls at their feet, not a game plan that looks like a herd migration on the plains of the Serengeti.

In: Sandilands

Just thinking about this again, given how Clarke performed on Friday night, there is no way we can play all 3 in the same side. Clarke seems to compliment Sandilands a hell of a lot better than Griffin though...

Out: Anthony, Griffin
In: Spurr, Sandilands

I'm assuming Spurr played well on the weekend but I have no f'n clue.

We should definitely not underestimate GC. I watched the Essendon game up there and they were really impressive during parts of that game....

I know there's a lot of man love for Silvangi, but his disposal on the weekend was pretty woeful. If he comes in it needs to be better, the last thing we need is another defender butchering the ball.....turnovers at half back kill teams playing this defensive zone game.

How big a ground is it at Gold Coast? I don't mind the idea of going in with Clarke, Griff and Sandi, and playing Clarke off the wing as well as forward if the ground is big enough....

How big a ground is it at Gold Coast? I don't mind the idea of going in with Clarke, Griff and Sandi, and playing Clarke off the wing as well as forward if the ground is big enough....

I believe it's very similar to MCG sizes. Couldn't give you the exact numbers, but it was built to be as close to it as possible.

We should definitely not underestimate GC. I watched the Essendon game up there and they were really impressive during parts of that game....

Well said,
I think too many people are underestimating the GC, having Gablett out didn't seem to affect them as much as i thought.

Although i expect a win, there is some serious talent in that team. Bennell for example, carved it up.

All this talk of resting Sandi, if he is fit he should play, same as anyone who is best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we go this way we need smalls at their feet, not a game plan that looks like a herd migration on the plains of the Serengeti.

Another option then:

Out: Griffen, Anthony
In: Silvagni, Sandi

Silvagni to go up forward (seeing as he has been training there recently)

Dropping Neale would be idiocy, he's done more than enough to earn a full game. Ibbo was decent too.

Assuming Mayne is ok, the only foreseeable change would be Anthony out for either Walters or Silvagni. Huge round for both today. Sandi would probably be rested for another week you'd think.

If Neale does get promoted to the starting 21, Spurr's a likely replacement as the sub.

Great points. :thumbsu:

And I hope Lachie gets promoted to start... perfect opportunity.

Outs: JA, Fyfe (to take another week to get his shoulder right)
Ins: Kep (still don't think Elvis or SCNOS forward is the answer), Spurr (taking Lachie's spot as the sub)

Yeah, I liked what I saw of SCOS in the forwardline (ie. the Hawks final). Can mark, can kick straight. He's lightyears ahead of JA already...

Another option then:

Out: Griffen, Anthony
In: Silvagni, Sandi

Silvagni to go up forward (seeing as he has been training there recently)

And if it doesn't work for him up forward he can swap with McPharlin. I think we have to make a decision on Griffen or Clarke. Do we persist with Clarke who is the future or go with Griffen who is ready now. Made a lot of mistakes though Griff by the sounds of it, not sure if he is fully fit.

We have seen it before with Mcpharlin.

Gets switched forward for a small stint, loves the freedom and does some good things.
They then try him there for a whole game and he does ok maybe getting a goal or 2, then next few games does nothing.
Gets put down back an performs well week in week out.

Spot on. :thumbsu:

It's a mistake. Will not help us in the longer term. If it does work this week against GC, then it's not really proving anything, as they're young blokes that don't have much in the way of tall defensive stocks as far as I'm aware.

Bring Kep back in. He's no star, but he's the best KPF we've got that wasn't in last week's game.

Jeez, actually recruiting a KPF via the draft over the last couple of years would have been handy. Even a rookie.

We're playing a bottom two team (probably) minus their best player (no offence GC, it's just your age holding you back) so now's the time to try things out whilst we are also early in the season. Put Silvagni in forward (use the switch with McPharlin during the game to mix it up - see what the result is). Give Sandi and Fyfe a weeks rest to assist their recovery - it's no good having them in if not 100%. Give Neale a full game and give Spurr the kermit. See what happens. We could have benefited last week from having another rebounding defender and I would like to see what Spurr could add to the team. Now's the time to mix it up, not in two weeks time against WC.

Great points. :thumbsu:

And I hope Lachie gets promoted to start... perfect opportunity.

Outs: JA, Fyfe (to take another week to get his shoulder right)
Ins: Kep (still don't think Elvis or SCNOS forward is the answer), Spurr (taking Lachie's spot as the sub)

Yep, this.

Also, I know it's fashionable to bag Pearce, but overall this year his form has been good, he's been quicker, hard at the ball, and apart from the Carlton game (six clangers), his DE% is on the right side of the team average if not excellent.

Anyone putting Keps in the same league as JA either hasn't seen a game of football in the last year and a bit, or needs their head checked. Do I really need to remind you lot of last year when there was a particularly bleak streak, he was considered by Freo supporter, commentator and opponent flog alike as pretty much our only target up front? Kep cops a lot of s**t on here, and all he's done to earn it is work very hard at his skills, fitness and hardness, with demonstrably improved results from the Kepler Bradley of 3 or so years ago. It's about time for his detractors here and elsewhere to qualify their statements or shut the **** up.

As for Walters, I'd love nothing more than to see a keener, harder, slimmer version of him available for selection. But a spot in a tabloid rag amounting to "Honestly Boss, I'll try harder, really I will!" doesn't entitle him automatically to a spot in our Best 22 (Which should be our selected side every week, let's not shortchange GC) without proving himself first. It is what it is guys.

Hope Neale gets the promo. He's earnt it.

We're playing a bottom two team (probably) minus their best player (no offence GC, it's just your age holding you back) so now's the time to try things out whilst we are also early in the season. Put Silvagni in forward (use the switch with McPharlin during the game to mix it up - see what the result is). Give Sandi and Fyfe a weeks rest to assist their recovery - it's no good having them in if not 100%. Give Neale a full game and give Spurr the kermit. See what happens. We could have benefited last week from having another rebounding defender and I would like to see what Spurr could add to the team. Now's the time to mix it up, not in two weeks time against WC.

We play the Toast in three weeks. Definitely play Sandi, because without him we are s**t.

Roscoe has had a full preseason to see what the players can offer,

We kick straight against the tankers and we win, it really is as simple as that.
No need for major overhauls, and with the Mcpharlin going forward thing, been there done that, he can take a mark but is an average shot at goal.

My opinion: play the best team possible against Gold Coast and reinforce the structures. If that results in a big win that builds confidence in the game plan, then that is better than the results of any experimentation such as McPharlin or Silvagni forward.

We play the Toast in three weeks. Definitely play Sandi, because without him we are s**t.

Sorry, three weeks, keep thinking like the GC game is upon us.

If we are that sh*t that we can't beat GC (probably minus Ablett) without Sandi :eek:, then we need to put the Fremantle FC into administration and go support another team.

All I've said is:
INS: SNOS, Spurr
OUTS: Anthony, Fyfe (injured: could only lift one arm above his head to mark after contact by Kreuzer)

Nothing major in there, some people just get upset when using the terms 'change' or 'mix it up'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back