Preview Changes for round 6 - Gold Coast Vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

It was good to hear Ross mention Pitt.

It Is the perfect game to bring Pitt in. He is not Going to get monstered by bigger bodies and we need better delivery to our underperforming forward line.

Fyfe out and Pitt in? We could do worse than that, especially against a team that we should take very special care of.

Not much love for Roberton on this board. He seems to have been our best performer at WAFL level thus far according to WAFL watch and what I've read in the paper. I get that he's not fast, but I don't think he should be too harshly judged for being outrun by Rioli and Lewey Jetta - not many blokes could catch those two. I also reckon people are overly critical of his kicking, it may be loopy, but he hits a target more ofetn than not. I'd be surprised if he's not "rewarded for his efforts" soon. I suspect a Pearce-like improvement out of Roberton this year.

Loopy kicking puts targets under pressure - hitting a target that gets tackled 2 seconds later isn't effective.

Watching Roberton and Mora kicking to each other pre-season said it all. Mora was smacking Roberton with bullets to the chest, while Roberton was floating them.

Very good point, but he appears to have improved his game as well in some other ways. He has much more bulk and strength to his game now, a bit of a marking machine. Saw him live at WAFL and was very impressed, he is a good young talent and will probably and rightly get an opportunity soon.

He will make a better go of it than Anthony, it's good for the team that he is pressing hard and improving.

It Is the perfect game to bring Pitt in. He is not Going to get monstered by bigger bodies and we need better delivery to our underperforming forward line.

Fyfe out and Pitt in? We could do worse than that, especially against a team that we should take very special care of.

No. I'm all for Pitt getting a game but only when he deserves it. But he's been average in the wafl and on form has been passed by Roberton, JVB and Spurr he really needs to start bringing his game the next level before he gets a game at afl.

He's coming off an injury so he definitely won't play for the dockers but hopefully he can start to show something in the wafl.

IN: Roberton, Silvagni
OUT: Fyfe, Anthony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players have all been going stupid with some oxygen mask photos for those of you on Twitter.

Ar87fN-CAAE2_ZR.jpg

Ar87XpdCAAEyYhZ.jpg

Ar87HjmCIAAW5_j.jpg

The masks appear numbered

No. I'm all for Pitt getting a game but only when he deserves it. But he's been average in the wafl and on form has been passed by Roberton, JVB and Spurr he really needs to start bringing his game the next level before he gets a game at afl.

He's coming off an injury so he definitely won't play for the dockers but hopefully he can start to show something in the wafl.

IN: Roberton, Silvagni
OUT: Fyfe, Anthony

I do like both of your inclusions but I think that Spurr may get the nod ahead of Roberton. Either way, I think that JA is now on the LONG road back like Walters to crack the best 22.

It is a real pity we certainly could have used him firing like he did in 2009. Silvagni to go back and Elvis to move forward with Spurr coming off the bench to push DeBoer into the midfield in a rotation.

I certainly hope that we smack these AFL favored bums!

Updated weather forecast for GC on Saturday. Gone from '23 and a few showers' earlier in the week to '25 Fine and mostly Sunny'.
Hopefully the wind isn't too strong, with the open ended stadium at Metricon it could make our accuracy in front of goal even worse (...or it might actually correct our kicks and help us!)

In: Dylan Roberton, Lee Spur

Out:
Nat Fyfe (inj), John Anthony (omit)

B:
Greg Broughton, Zac Dawson, Adam McPhee
HB: Michael Johnson, Luke Mcpharlin, Dylon Roberton
C: Ryan Crowley, Paul Duffield, Stephen Hill
HF: Matthew de Boer, Matthew Pavlich, Christopher Mayne
F: Hayden Ballantyne, Zachary Clarke, Clancee Pearce
Foll: Jonathon Griffin, David Mundy, Michael Barlow
IC: Garrick Ibbotson, Tendai Mzungu, Lee Spur, Lauchie Neale

Good for Robocop. Thought he might come in.

Very interesting, not a fan of Roberton at all but if he plays of course I wish him well. Will he play forward though since he's coming in for Anthony? Our defense has been so settled and I genuinely believed he was directly competing with guys like Johnson, Duffield and McPhee for a spot in the team, considering Spurr has also been playing a back flank type role gameday matchups will be interesting indeed.

Maybe McPharlin forward, Roberton straight into the backline and one of Spurr or Broughton to play full-time midfield?

Yeah who do they go with for the sub? Neale is the youngest but he has already played this year. Could it be a toss up between Roberton and Spurr.

If Pav kicks 5 goals he will reach 500 career goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back