Changes for Round 6 v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget the ppl who get offended so easily. Mods in position of power are even worst, they flinch to anything and everything. We tried to fix the old culture, and replaced it with something way worst. hyper sensitive entitled %$%$%

* me you’re a sook

Forget the ppl who get offended so easily. Mods in position of power are even worst, they flinch to anything and everything. We tried to fix the old culture, and replaced it with something way worst. hyper sensitive entitled %$%$%
Lol

Also "we won't have any top talent walking through the door this year from the draft so we need to persist with what we have." - I think people were just slightly hoping we'd finally get to see X O'Neill given he was our first draft pick and a lot of supporters probably don't even realise he exists.
There are a fair few younger players I would like to get a look at and things may have been different had they all had a chance to show their wares in the WAFL. But as it stands the MC have given Ainsworth the first bite of the cherry on this occasion. If he doesn't play well and is out after 1-2 games when Shuey returns, then we may see someone different next time around. But it's a tough midfield to break into and that's a good thing.

I really think that a lot of the disappointment with Ainsworth around here comes from our recruiters reaching for him with a second rounder, not intrinsically because of how he's been developing or his ceiling or whatever.

If we selected him with a later pick, I bet what he brings would be more appreciated.

In general, this board is much harsher on our higher picks, even when they become decent role players (Masto, Duggan, Venables, Brander). Some people get a bit 'sunk costs' on first round picks too, thinking we should be pumping games into them based on the potential they had in their draft year.

Where a player is picked up in the draft tends to affect how harshly we judge players, in performance and selection; particularly when emphasising their limitations.

For instance, Brayshaw really hasn't shown any more than Ainsworth in relation to his ball skills, is a fair chunk slower, but he was only a rookie pickup so low expectations... 'no harm in seeing what he can do', etc.

Anyway, that's a long-winded way of saying that I will be watching Worpel closely tonight :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feedback noted

Still no Jetta...a 2 week drop, curious...

Is there a scrimmage this week I wonder? Very curious if so. Not fit or in form, but dropped without the ability to work on those two things to get back in the team.

Hard to drop any of the backs after their games last weekend. Schoeys podcast comments and Dylan's analysis suggest they had good games as a unit and individually.

I would say to MOD, but thanks for saying it for me.

Obviously my EQ isn’t high enough to understand this ... I was going to say “sentence”, but that implies some sort of a structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back