Changes for Round 6 v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

After seeing what Waterman can bring after being brought back in, and seeing what Allen can bring after being dropped, one thing is clear:

Brander cannot be gifted another game and brought back into this side atm

I agree , Brander is a forward has played quite okay on the wing but wingman bring pace and swervability .....nothing against Brander , has potential but we need a running wingman .

Cameron won't be an in unfortunately still doing limited minutes .
I can see petch in for Jones and one of ainsworth or Xo'neal in for shuey .

Cameron won't be an in unfortunately still doing limited minutes .
I can see petch in for Jones and one of ainsworth or Xo'neal in for shuey .
If Anus gets a game ahead of XON then I’ll join the waiting list, eventually gain my membership, and then burn it in the microwave.

If Anus gets a game ahead of XON then I’ll join the waiting list, eventually gain my membership, and then burn it in the microwave.
Yeah considering anus has shown he is not afl standard .
Xon on the other hand has some pace , good skills with duel sided kicking ( anus can't even do one sided kicking) and some mongrel for the contested ball . Sounds just like shuey TBH.

Perfect game to debut

Out: Shuey (inj), JJ (inj)

In: XON, Petch/Camo if he’s good to go

Brayshaw in if Redden gets a week.
Do not want to see Anus in the 22.

No real idea with not much 2nds info to go off, but if Cameron is ready something like
Petch and Cameron in, Ah Chee to the midfield could work. Did some good work in there in the 2nd half I thought.

Most importantly need to keep the balance right. Brander only comes back in to replace a tall fwd.

In - Not Brander
Out - Shuey, Jones

Hopefully Jetta finds fitness/form/the coaches good book quickly

After seeing what Waterman can bring after being brought back in, and seeing what Allen can bring after being dropped, one thing is clear:

Brander cannot be gifted another game and brought back into this side atm

How it took so long to get that right has mystified me all year. Allen can play, Waterman can play, we already knew this. Brander is yet to show he's up to it, yet he's been playing regularly while the other two battle for games. People have said that Brander was being played out of position, but if that was the case why was he even being played. The club has shown enormous faith in him and I hope he lives up to the potential they clearly see. He needs to earn a spot on merit.

Last edited:
AhChee in the midfield?
Snake, Oscar, Cameron, Jetts..(would like to see how Exon and Treacy(?) perform.)

If Ah Chee gets the ball away from goal he looks totally unsure of what to do when he gets the ball. He goes in hard but I'm not sure he has the nous for midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beat me to it.

Maybe he doesn't run hard enough. But if he does put the effort in he will be an amazing weapon on a wing once again.
I don't think jetta has it in him to play wing TBH .
Wing role requires a lot of unreward running , you have to be super fit , focused and motivated.

Jetta only thrived as a defender because he has a task which is stop your defender and then in jettas case be a designated kicker .

Everything is given to him . The ball comes to you as a defender and his team mates seek him out on the rebound

Give jetta a couple of weeks in the 2nds and give an actual young mid a go .

Out: Shuey, Jones
In: Cameron, Foley

Keep the midfield setup that worked when Shuey went down, replace him with a winger. Cameron in for Jones.

Otherwise, bring Petch in as his speed could be handy against a slower Adelaide team.

EDIT: Forgot about Jetta. I’d probably bring him in before Petch or Foley tbh.

Last edited:
I'm happy to concede that we looked better without Brander in the middle, and perhaps we need to abort the whole Brander to the wing movement. But that complicates things as we have no spot to play him in.

IN: Cameron, Pettrucelle
OUT: Jones (inj), Shuey (inj).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back