Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know it's probably a bit quick to start this thread, however, Changes do need to be made and I'm sure most Lion's supporters will want to move on from this week anyway. :eek:

So...

Who do you think will come in, and go out of the team?

My two cents:

In - Raines, Green
Out - McGrath, Banfield

While I'm still angry

OUT: Longer, Cornelius, Banfield, McGrath (if injured)
IN: Drummond, Raines, Lisle, Green (Zorko if fit)

Longer needs 1 or 2 weeks to rest.

Cornelius makes way so Karnezis can play as a third tall.

Banfield is simply no longer in the best 22.

McGrath looked injured but if he plays he goes forward.

Drummond and Raines are automatic selections.

Lisle plays down back as Collingwood often play 3 talls up forward. McKeever another option.

Green plays small forward if McGrath is injured. Would prefer Zorko if fit.

I almost want to bring Sheldon, so bad Banfield was today.

Merrett plays forward with Brown and Karnezis the third tall. Patfull plays down back.

To add more speed you'd have to drop at least one of Harwood, Crisp or Lester which I couldn't do.

I'll agree with anyone saying Patfull should stay down back...permanently! I think he would have had a bit more luck than a out-of-practise Merrett.

Really, a backline with Patfull, Merrett and Maguire is a very VERY scary looking backline.

Don't want to see Patty as a sub either, he should be out there learning to work with Ace and Brownie.

Jackess, as someone who seems relatively level-headed through this, if Jolly doesn't come up, would it be worth giving Hudson a rest and playing Longer vs Wood? Worth noting he ran into probably the most in form ruck team in the comp this week.

Jackess, as someone who seems relatively level-headed through this, if Jolly doesn't come up, would it be worth giving Hudson a rest and playing Longer vs Wood? Worth noting he ran into probably the most in form ruck team in the comp this week.

Thanks, it does sound like Longer is knackered but it also looked like Hudson as pretty tired. I'd look at giving both a weeks rest in the next 2 weeks. So it depends who you think is a better matchup for Jolly/Dawes and Giles/Brogan. I'm not sure if Jolly is actually a better ruck than Giles but he does have much better midfielders with him. I'd ruck Huddo/Merrett against the 'pies and Longer/Merrett against GWS.

Collingwood will only play 1 ruck next week though and have Dawes as the second ruck so it's a perfect opportunity to ruck Merrett against Dawes so I think 1 ruck would definitely be an option. And Longer seems more tired than Hudson so I'd give Longer a rest.

Probably a fair notion, although Merrett in an unsettled position scares me :p

Not a strict player-for-player change, but if McGrath comes up, he MUST go forward. Has goal-flair, can win the ball, and if he butchered a kick at least it's not in defence!

Probably a fair notion, although Merrett in an unsettled position scares me :p

Not a strict player-for-player change, but if McGrath comes up, he MUST go forward. Has goal-flair, can win the ball, and if he butchered a kick at least it's not in defence!

For me it's either him or McKeever/Lisle second rucking. I really don't like playing 2 genuine rucks who struggle up forward.

Honestly, I think age is starting to catch up with Ash. I don't think he's going to age as well as someone like Brown or Black. He looks quite frustrated to me.

In: Raines, Drummond, Lisle, Bartlett, Zorko, Yeo, Harvey
Out: McGrath, Banfield, Patfull, Longer, Acorn, Polkinghorne, Voss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Raines, Drummond, Lisle, Bartlett, Zorko, Yeo, Harvey
Out: McGrath, Banfield, Patfull, Longer, Acorn, Polkinghorne, Voss

There are many chances you'll get this week to lay into Voss in a constructive fashion, is it really needed to bring that sort of s**t here?

Zorko looked to be labouring a bit today in the twos. Still putting in, but physically I don't think bringing him back in. Stiller was superb good, as was O'Brien. Both would be a chance of coming back in.

I think we were missing Stiller today. He has pretty good run out of defence.

McGrath out regardless, I think hes well past his prime sadly.
Beams IF fit, Banfield out, Karn starting, O'Brien Sub, Raines, Longer out, I think we rushed him a bit.
Green in, give Black a break...There just seems to be alot more spectators and few players at the moment.

Keep Patfull forward, i like its potential and play Hanley back with Drummond.
I find it amusing in round 6 we are talking about having tired ruckmen too. Sign of where our club is at as a whole perhaps?

Wha-?

:confused:

I think he's a much better defender, Merrett does better in attack than Joel does! At least Merrett can get a goal or two in...

In: Drummond, Raines

Out: Longer, Banfield

Until today i could see the upside of Banfield defensive pressure, but after today I'm off the wagon, just too clumsy, poor skilled and over runs to many contests..

Longer needs alot of work and i felt we were too tall to day. If McGrath is injured would like to see either stiller or beams come in.

Really missing Leuey atm!

Wha-?

:confused:

I think he's a much better defender, Merrett does better in attack than Joel does! At least Merrett can get a goal or two in...

Merrett played 5 games and preseason forward and did bugger all, he looked lost.
Patfull also started his career forward and showed more forward smarts than Merrett. I watched Joel closely off the ball today and he looked ok. He knew where to lead, leads well and is a good mark. I think we having been crying out for a mid sized option with agility for a while.

I like it a lot more than Merrett and id prefer McGrath to stay back. With Drummond and now Hanley and Golby standing up ot can be afforded.

Whatever we decide to go with against Collingwood, I think there are a few players who must be in the team by the mid-season break. These are Green, Zorko and Bartlett. All of these guys offer pace, grunt and skill. Barring injury, if these guys aren't in the side by then, I'll be dissappointed. I would also love to see Docherty and Harvey in the side by the end of the season.
I'd like to see the former 3 in against GWS.

Agree with the unanimous view that Banfield should be dropped.

Just not contributing. Not even sticking straightforward tackles anymore. Only looked dangerous once the sting had gone out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back