Changes for round 7 vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

We are in average form and have just beaten what I regard as the bottom 2 teams in the comp, even with injuries Freo are on the improve, we need to lift to another level to win this one and the next 2 which will be against flag contenders. I'm confident we can do it though.

The boys will have got home, had a cuddle with the kids and then another with their misses after the kids are in bed. Five weeks without getting a bit of love would drive most young guys spare.

Watch us come out v Freo and turn it on! ;) :thumbsu::p

The boys will have got home, had a cuddle with the kids and then another with their misses after the kids are in bed. Five weeks without getting a bit of love would drive most young guys spare.

Watch us come out v Freo and turn it on! ;) :thumbsu::p
Yeah and the old lovers nuts cost's us another derby, that said I think its Freo's time to win one.

that said I think its Freo's time to win one.
Wash your mouth out with carbolic soap.

I am ashamed that you call yourself a WC supporter. It's never Freo's time to win one. I'd be happy for Freo to win their next Derby in the next century (and then get disqualified for umpire bribing).

We are in average form and have just beaten what I regard as the bottom 2 teams in the comp, even with injuries Freo are on the improve, we need to lift to another level to win this one and the next 2 which will be against flag contenders. I'm confident we can do it though.

After watching the Dockers last week they played 1 quarter of crap and 3 quarters of champagne. Getting the win means injuries or not they will be up for it this week. We haven't been convincing all year this is a dangerous game and we need to lift again to another level to win the next 3 weeks.

I didn't really see the game that way.

Early in the first quarter commentators were talking about it being an opportunity for King to kick his first bag of goals. Freo's injury list is quite extensive, particularly in defense

St Kilda, who are a low pressure team completely let them off the hook after the first quarter and gave Freo a lot of time and space to start moving the ball and chip it around.

Freo will not have the same luxury on Sunday.

Even when you take into consideration our 3 poor losses in a row we are 4th best team for clearances in the comp and second best when it comes to hit outs, and the top team in the competition for centre clearances.

As noted by some, what had let us down was our sloppy skills early on, and in the last two games our mid/forward connection going inside 50 and the way our forwards didn't work together particularly well.

I've been hard on both Josh and Jack, but if there was a game that our tall forwards needed to find some form, this team is it.

Last edited:
Waterman hasn’t been at training apparently and Williams is a chance to come in.

Is the Williams part of this speculation on your part?

I would have rather Oscar stayed in 2nd ruck and Brander plays the waterman role.

But Williams in the team would be cool too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey will be a test, and a sneaky chance to play.

Also - Petch has done a hammy and looking at a month off, Jones is looking like being available next week.

Looks like Fyfe came back too early.

the midfield is not where we are lacking, so the skipper does not have to rush back.

Difference being I trust our S&C department.

If you look at Freo's injury list, and the number of players who have recurring injuries it would be fair to say I don't have the same confidence in them.

If we beat Freo we will have potentially beaten every team in the bottom 4.
Watch the negative nancies come out with their hate.
Oh well, it's as good a place as any to start (flat track bully tag aside), then we can start picking them off as we work our way up the ladder...2 more wins and we could be well inside the top 8?
Just have to get past the Pies...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back