Changes for round 7 vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn’t keeping stats but my recollection is Duggan’s kicking yesterday was ‘off’ - release kicks from back line were being marked by Crows on Centre line and re-entries time and time again.

Another poster on another thread counted 8 such instances - so not sure Duggan has taken Jetta’s role. He certainly brings more intensity to contest but his kicking yesterday wasn’t a strength of his.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Duggan's kicking was fine, he wasn't failing in execution of skill. He just made some bad calls in decision making. Some of these 8 "turnovers" are good kicks that just fall to Crows players after they outmuscle their opponents on the wing.

I'd say he had 3 kicks that were really poor options, the rest were more just things that happen in football games.

It was no different to what McGovern might offer up when rebounding. Sometimes it's a good kick but just a s**t option.

As for changes.

If Shuey is not fit thae I would be more than happy to go in unchanged.

The small forwards didn't fire: Ryan, Ah Chee (not small I know), and Cameron will be better next week I have no doubt. Don't want to mix it up for the sake of it. Ah Chee has done some good things and it was Cameron's first game in a long time.

Ainsworth was definitely not carried. He played well, ran hard and got his hands dirty. He knows where to be to find the ball but he doesn't look comfortable to kick the ball just yet. Still, a 50m bomb put to the right spot can be a good kick when entering f50.

As for changes.

If Shuey is not fit thae I would be more than happy to go in unchanged.

The small forwards didn't fire: Ryan, Ah Chee (not small I know), and Cameron will be better next week I have no doubt. Don't want to mix it up for the sake of it. Ah Chee has done some good things and it was Cameron's first game in a long time.

Ainsworth was definitely not carried. He played well, ran hard and got his hands dirty. He knows where to be to find the ball but he doesn't look comfortable to kick the ball just yet. Still, a 50m bomb put to the right spot can be a good kick when entering f50.
I'd be keen to go in unchanged. Shuey sounded like he had hamstring tightness which is a precursor to a tear if he doesnt get treatment to release, I'd prefer to play it safe on that one.

This is a big game. Win and we should edge into the 8, lose and we are a game behind again. Freo wont be easybeats, on win loss and % they are in a similar boat to us.

Really think Lewis Jetta should come back in on the HFF. I think his kicking inside 50 will be ideal. I also doubt he provides less defensive pressure then what Ah Chee is at the momeny anyway

IN : Jetta, Shuey
OUT: Ah Chee, Ainsworth

I also think Jarmaine Jones comes back in when he is ready.

Really think Lewis Jetta should come back in on the HFF. I think his kicking inside 50 will be ideal. I also doubt he provides less defensive pressure then what Ah Chee is at the momeny anyway

IN : Jetta, Shuey
OUT: Ah Chee, Ainsworth

I also think Jarmaine Jones comes back in when he is ready.
I see your point about Jetta. His kicking is top shelf and very creative.
Ten of his kicks are worth thirty of those of other players.

I wonder what the coaches see?

Last edited:
I'd be keen to go in unchanged. Shuey sounded like he had hamstring tightness which is a precursor to a tear if he doesnt get treatment to release, I'd prefer to play it safe on that one.

This is a big game. Win and we should edge into the 8, lose and we are a game behind again. Freo wont be easybeats, on win loss and % they are in a similar boat to us.

Also, I think we can assume at best we get a 6-day break into the next match - possibly 5 days (that would see us on a 5-day turnaround vs an opponent on 8-days which would be rough - either way we are going to be -3 days turnaround).

I can't see Shuey getting through both - so resting for this match is better, as he will need continuity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love for one of the boys to lower the notion of this game being a rivalry.

Similarly, to what Devon Smith said on the weekend.

This really isn't a rivalry, not for us at-least but for Freo probably their biggest game each year.
Nah. It’s a rivalry, and should be a huge fixture first week back. Why lessen the stakes and let the boys off the hook in regards to performing under pressure?

In Shuey
Out Ainsworth

Ainsworth wasn't bad at all aside from looking a fraction off the pace early. I am much more comfortable now if he gets another game. From that perspective, playing him was a good exercise. Not sure when Jetta will be available for selection.

No changes for mine, we don't want to risk Shuey

Cameron might have been not been great offensively on the weekend but his chasing and tackling were great. Lets not also forget how he tore Freo a new one last time we played them.

Last edited:
No changes for mine, we don't want to risk Shuey

Cameron might have been quite offensively on the weekend but his chasing and tackling were great. Lets not also forget how he tore Freo a new one last time we played them.
I remember Cameron laying 1 tackle; maybe 2, at a stretch? Looked way off.

I'd keep him in, though. Clearly best 22 when fit.

I remember Cameron laying 1 tackle; maybe 2, at a stretch? Looked way off.

I'd keep him in, though. Clearly best 22 when fit.

Had a couple of good chases as well, his intent was there to provide pressure which was a lot more than what Petrucelle was providing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back