Changes for round 7 vs Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

The prevalence of hammy injuries at the moment is a worry, and can almost certainly be traced back to the Covid-break and rushed mini-pre season. Shuey, Jones and now Petch have all gone down within two weeks. I’d be giving Shuey as much time as he needs to get over this one, and probably then another week to be sure.

So that probably means Brayshaw stays in and plays against his brother from another mother

I don't mind it. I feel like Darcy gets in the way for freo. He came off in the preseason game vs WC and they mounted a huge comeback.

as soon as he went off on the weekend the team mounted a comeback again.

Sorry for stepping in here, but before Darcy got knocked down, he was playing very well ( one of the best 2 or 3 ).

What actually happened with Freo playing better, was I think Long fired them up.

Sorry for stepping in here, but before Darcy got knocked down, he was playing very well ( one of the best 2 or 3 ).

What actually happened with Freo playing better, was I think Long fired them up.

Is he likely to get up this week?

If Sean Darcy doesn't get up, is it a chance we park Nic for a rest before the condensed fixtures begin? It would be the perfect opportunity to bring Williams in if he can shoulder primary ruck duties.

At some stage within the next month I can see guys like Nic and JK getting a rest. It'll come down to when can we give them that rest without compromising the team too much. We need Nic against Pies, not so much Cats but that's the TK cup and I want to win it at all costs so putting our best side out there is important.

Freo have no key backs, is this a good week for JK to have a spell..? Thinking a little outside the box.
I want to see what Williams brings. He looks athletic, high jumping and round the ground mobile. But I'd like to see his first few games as #2 rather than as the only true ruck.

And yes, we need JK to rest. Though historically he comes back like he's been out of the game for 6 months, not a week or two.

Mitch Cleary

@cleary_mitch

·
Jul 15

Fremantle coach Justin Longmuir tells 3AW he’s “not overly confident” with Nat Fyfe playing in the Derby. Had a scan today on his troublesome hamstring

I seriously hope we do not rush Shuey back.

Let Ainsworth Dominate their midfield with his elite ball drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. I think Darcy becomes too much of a target. Lobb provides more around the ground when he's ruckman.

He was the top 2 or 3 players because it appeared that he was the target i50.

When he comes off the midfield start working better and freo players become more accountable.

Mitch Cleary
@cleary_mitch

·
Jul 15

Fremantle coach Justin Longmuir tells 3AW he’s “not overly confident” with Nat Fyfe playing in the Derby. Had a scan today on his troublesome hamstring

I seriously hope we do not rush Shuey back.

Let Ainsworth Dominate their midfield with his elite ball drop.
Fyfe will play.....they are f***ing with us.

If Fyfe misses i'd be happy for Shuey to also miss. No reason to rush back a player who was pretty beaten up even before the hammy.

Brander back in for Braynus would be preferred IMO, but i'm probably in the minority there.

Excited about the Williams talk, although Waterman potentially being the casualty who misses puts a damper on that. Jake needs to string games together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back