Prediction Changes for Round 8 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again let’s go to what we know.

1) Adams will miss for injury.
2) The match committee has not by habit made multiple changes (unless forced)
3) After last night only a few players might worry for form (Thomas springs to mind).
4) possible re-entry by Cox, Aish (if ready), Varcoe

Some tough decision making required.

I’d suggest that Cox will return.
The simple might be Cox in, Adams out.

Aish might also return and Thomas might be given a spell.

In: Cox, Aish
Out: Adams (injured), Thomas

Emergencies: Lynch, Wills, Crocker, Quaynor

Soon to return I suspect:

Wells and Sier.

Make no mistake, once Sier gets fit he’s returning.

Greenwood was outstanding and is ahead of Aish at the moment
Reid apart from goalkicking had a great game and has created team balance questions with Cox to come back. That said I hate seeing Reid do the ruckwork. Perhaps Mihocek will be the unlucky one to make way.
Adams is easily replaced as an inside mid by more midfield minutes from De Goey. I'm not sure who should come in though.....Varcoe has already been dropped twice this year and I dont think he should get a recall until he shows some form.
Thomas on thin ice but no obvious replacements I can see (Wells might be a smokie)
Brown continuing to develop nicely.

For this week I'll leave Cox rested for another week

Out Adams
In Best performed VFL midfielder on the day. Would love to see Wells. Crocker has been good and would deserve a reward.

I reckon Thomas last season was one out of the box and he will never perform to that standard again..

I would like to see Daicos get a run for Thomas.

Also out Adams in QAynor although probs be aish

I reckon Thomas last season was one out of the box and he will never perform to that standard again..

I would like to see Daicos get a run for Thomas.

Also out Adams in QAynor although probs be aish

Just replace Adams with Varcoe/Aish and slightly restructure the side.

JT can have a couple more weeks, mainly because we're lacking depth.

Give Cox another week off. Then we can decide what happens. 0% chance we'll play Cox/Reid/Miochek all in the same forward line though.

Out: Thomas
In: don't care

I don’t think many in this forum understand that you don’t just randomly pick four players and say “oh, I think they sound good to include” or “we can’t drop him because we will hurt his feelings”. Part of being a formidable side is competition for spots.

Suggestions of Daicos are absurd based on what he has dished up in the VFL, for example, while I don’t know why you’d bring in Varcoe after he has been dropped for poor form and hasn’t played a VFL game to try to discover some form. In addition to that, Sier is not in the picture at the moment as much as some people have a love affair with him. Wells isn’t quite there with his fitness to my eye.

Equally, I don’t know why we would experiment with three tall forwards when we have a forward set up of two talls and four smaller types that is starting to look potent and clearly delivers the forward half function and pressure we desire.

Lastly, team balance is the most important thing. You can’t just suggest ‘Aish in, Adams out’ unless we have a solution for the on-ball void. In this instance it’d mean deploying Greenwood through the middle which they don’t seem to do unless he is tagging. So that is an option should we go that way on Cripps, as Greenwood could go with him when he pushes forward.

There is little to no love for Wills here but if he has been an emergency because he is legitimately next in line in the eyes of the coaches then he comes in and Adams goes out. I would keep Cox out another week unless absolutely 100% right while Aish vs Greenwood then becomes the last question

Reckon Cox will need another week with his ankle to be honest. Reid was serviceable, better off making sure Cox’s ankle is a 100%.

One forced change with Adams out.

Subject to how the VFL performances are but I would like to see Wells come in. This will be his 4th game in? Surely ready after that.

DeGoey and Brown can spend time rotating through the middle.

Pendlebury, Treloar, Beams, Sidebottom and Phillips is a more than capable midfield.

IN: Wells
OUT: Adams

B - Langdon Roughead Howe
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - Phillips Pendlebury Sidebottom
HF - Elliott Mihochek WHE
F - DeGoey Reid Stephenson
R - Grundy Beams Treloar
INT - Wells Greenwood Thomas Brown

Minimal changes after a strong win. Any calls for 3-4 changes are not warranted, and selection committee has shown over the past seasons that they err on the side of conservative.

Out: Adams

In: Wills (reward VFL form)

Aish not automatic selection to come straight back in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood was outstanding and is ahead of Aish at the moment
Reid apart from goalkicking had a great game and has created team balance questions with Cox to come back. That said I hate seeing Reid do the ruckwork. Perhaps Mihocek will be the unlucky one to make way.
Adams is easily replaced as an inside mid by more midfield minutes from De Goey. I'm not sure who should come in though.....Varcoe has already been dropped twice this year and I dont think he should get a recall until he shows some form.
Thomas on thin ice but no obvious replacements I can see (Wells might be a smokie)
Brown continuing to develop nicely.

For this week I'll leave Cox rested for another week

Out Adams
In Best performed VFL midfielder on the day. Would love to see Wells. Crocker has been good and would deserve a reward.

Aish for Adams ?

Thinking about it, dont have both Mihocek and reid rotate. Just use Reid as rotater. Play him as a genuine swingman, with cox still rotating to cover grundy. Reid starts on the bench and covers whuchever tall is resting. He'll play about 50% of the game forward and 30% defence. Roughy and Miire there nirmal game time in defence. Mihocek his normal game time up forward. Cox and Grundy their normal game time up forward and ruck. You wont lose on other rotations because the nirmal scenario would a different bench player covering the talls when they're on the bench. Rotation might be a bit complicated at first, but they'll make it work.

Sounds a decent idea sr36,
As in when Grundy needs a rest thus Cox goes to the ruck we then play Reid in the forward line?

I don’t think many in this forum understand that you don’t just randomly pick four players and say “oh, I think they sound good to include” or “we can’t drop him because we will hurt his feelings”. Part of being a formidable side is competition for spots.

Suggestions of Daicos are absurd based on what he has dished up in the VFL, for example, while I don’t know why you’d bring in Varcoe after he has been dropped for poor form and hasn’t played a VFL game to try to discover some form. In addition to that, Sier is not in the picture at the moment as much as some people have a love affair with him. Wells isn’t quite there with his fitness to my eye.

Equally, I don’t know why we would experiment with three tall forwards when we have a forward set up of two talls and four smaller types that is starting to look potent and clearly delivers the forward half function and pressure we desire.

Lastly, team balance is the most important thing. You can’t just suggest ‘Aish in, Adams out’ unless we have a solution for the on-ball void. In this instance it’d mean deploying Greenwood through the middle which they don’t seem to do unless he is tagging. So that is an option should we go that way on Cripps, as Greenwood could go with him when he pushes forward.

There is little to no love for Wills here but if he has been an emergency because he is legitimately next in line in the eyes of the coaches then he comes in and Adams goes out. I would keep Cox out another week unless absolutely 100% right while Aish vs Greenwood then becomes the last question

Agree with everything you said except "experimenting with three forwards". Bucks said in his presser they'd thought about it, so that tells me they might try for a week and see. Everything else spot on. Calls for Daicos are just silly.

I'm in the 3 tall thinking, against Carlton might be the perfect opportunity to trial.

Brown to play more Taylor's role.

I was impressed with Greenwoods aggression last night but not his kicking, like Flippers it let him down.

Possible change:
In Aish, out Greenwood.

Comfortable with Cox being the only in for Adams.

Last edited:
Would like to see Wells come in if he plays well in the VFL.

In Cox Wells Varcoe
Out Adams Reid Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good summation.

It’s all dependent on the balance of the side versus Carlton next week.

On that, changes will happen. Not on anything else.

Thomas won't be dropped. Who in the VFL is playing well enough to replace him and plays a similar role?
Don’t say croc attack....

;)

Not sure why people want to experiment with 3 talls - with forward line pressure being a mainstay of the modern game 3 talls is giving a free hit to the opposition counter attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back