Prediction Changes for Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Then how could he be at least a Handy Player in a Team that won the Flag then gone in 2 Years?

He did not put up huge Numbers but was Great Partner next to Cloke. Probably Cloke's best Tall partner up Forward
Football is a ruthless game.

Here today gone tomorrow.
Spits out average types year on year on year.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we will beat the Saints.

hes-back.jpg

Apr 5, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given Carlisle is out I hope Mason drags Brown to the goal square.

With Brownies penchant for holding the man we could get half a dozen easy shots at goal.
I hope he drags him close to goal because last weeks game was frustrating to see us bomb to Cox on the 50m arc. Absolutely useless when he can't kick 30m.

El cane

All Australian
Mar 28, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I really liked Phillips keep it alive mid air kick to De Goey handball to JS for the sealer against the lions. That move was brilliant!

Apr 5, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nathan Brown is going to struggle against him, he is 1 white man that can't jump.

We should be instructed to put it to the top of the square at every opportunity.

The only issue I see with that is Cox gets blown over with a light breeze. Brown is very good man on man and will win the strength battle easily. That's why McLarty had to play. Would give us 2 tall options that they can't cover.

I suggested I'd prefer Howe... while Mayne does set a high standard, Howe's marking isn't too bad.

On Phillips.... 1 swallow does not make a summer.... onus is on him because much of the criticism is valid.
Don’t think it’s a case of “1 swallow” — surely he’s been good all year.

Then how could he be at least a Handy Player in a Team that won the Flag then gone in 2 Years?

He did not put up huge Numbers but was Great Partner next to Cloke. Probably Cloke's best Tall partner up Forward
Gone in two years because he was rubbish.

Right place, right time. All he had to do was keep Jack Anthony out of the team and he did. And we saw how elite he was going forward...

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gone in two years because he was rubbish.

Right place, right time. All he had to do was keep Jack Anthony out of the team and he did. And we saw how elite he was going forward...

Like Brown I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just did a comparison against Steele Sidebottom (2011) which is 32 games TP against SS 25 games.
Steele played in a much superior team in 2010 & 2011 so you need to factor that in.
You would be very surprised how even they are tracking.

IMO he will become a good average player.........you I think are judging him like he will be Nathan Buckley.
I think he will become a better than average player. He knows how to find the ball, and though not a very contested player, he’s gained some composure with the ball recently. If his disposal keeps improving, then I think he has the tools to become one of the better outside mids in the comp.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cox/Fasolo or De Goey.

Give them the 50 and clear everyone out. Rotate through them.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Just did a comparison against Steele Sidebottom (2011) which is 32 games TP against SS 25 games.
Steele played in a much superior team in 2010 & 2011 so you need to factor that in.

IMO he will become a good average player.........you I think are judging him like he will be Nathan Buckley.
Tom Phillips is improving but those stat comparisons don't tell the full story.

Bored_Pie

Club Legend
Jan 8, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood

He'll be a great player but he doesn't have the X Factor Sidebottom has.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
No Carlisle (who leads the league in intercept marks this year) and playing on a guaranteed dry deck at Etihad makes our job a whole lot easier.

Hopefully we play the opposite of their cautious, dick-around-until-we-turn-it-over style, and go direct up the middle at every opportunity.

This is the game to go all out attack. St Kilda couldn't kick a winning score to save themselves. We kick 100+ and we'll win by 40+.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think he will become a better than average player. He knows how to find the ball, and though not a very contested player, he’s gained some composure with the ball recently. If his disposal keeps improving, then I think he has the tools to become one of the better outside mids in the comp.

I did say “good” average player....but I agree.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
He'll be a great player but he doesn't have the X Factor Sidebottom has.

That’s not why I did the comparison.....but I tell you what his figures stack up.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
This is the game to go all out attack. St Kilda couldn't kick a winning score to save themselves. We kick 100+ and we'll win by 40+.

I think the Saints' style plays right into our hands, and we should create a lot of turnovers and fumbles, and get a lot of scores from there.

CFC2010

Cancelled
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back