Preview Changes for Semi Final v GWS Giants. Saturday night at MCG; Latest: No changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly we could say he was & not have let him train.

If, as people are speculating he's gone & we aren't going to select him, what purpose does it serve for him to train?
Any of our other top 10 picks would get a game with the same training and injury history. We were exposed in defence and attack last week for our lack of quality talls. We are extremely unlikely to progress beyond GWS without a Moore or Reid in the team and we won't want to bring him in for his first game against Richmond.

Any of our other top 10 picks would get a game with the same training and injury history. We were exposed in defence and attack last week for our lack of quality talls. We are extremely unlikely to progress beyond GWS without a Moore or Reid in the team and we won't want to bring him in for his first game against Richmond.

Where you're selected shouldn't & wouldn't make a difference to selection.

Walsh's injury update.

“Darcy and Ben are on the verge of full fitness and certainly have been in full training this week,” General Manager of Football Geoff Walsh told Collingwood Media’s Injury Update.

“They are ticking every box in terms of their own preparation in recent times.

“I would say certainly Ben will be available for selection this week. He will be putting his hand up.

“If Darcy isn’t in the same boat, he is very, very close and not far behind. Both those boys have produced strong weeks on the track.”

I think 'No changes' is the sensible, safe, low risk team selection for a win this week.

But we're outsiders to go all the way.
So I would have preferred to go 'all-in' this week by picking Moore, and with a bit of luck, we'd have our full (match fit) arsenal to choose from in the Grand Final should we get there.

We will need some fresh players against the Tigers. Moore will be the one!

Pies by 40 points on Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except now we will never know if he would have made it through the game. Besides I usually avoid the game thread. I just don't think we have the class and talls to go any further in this competition. I hope I am wrong, but our last quarter against WC when Kennedy cut loose was worrying.

What makes you think he'll get through a finals game where the intensity goes up when he couldn't even survive a game in the regular season.

We will need some fresh players against the Tigers. Moore will be the one!

Pies by 40 points on Saturday

Without reserves games I think his papers have definitely been stamped for the year now.

That was my point. He needed to come in this week so he could blow out the cobwebs and get some match fitness up before the GF.

Barring injury I can't see any changes for the rest of this campaign.

You been to many training sessions over the past month? He has trained at full pace unhindered the past few weeks, and looked really good. He isn't even in the squad which is surprising in itself.

Wow looked good in training. Lol. You do realise there's a huge difference from training to playing a game of AFL right.

Going to be quite cold - freezing MCG Stand vs warm couch at home - the only cold thing being one of your favourite beers - your choice
I’ll be at the G. I’ve got a very warm coat and a hip flask...

Wow looked good in training. Lol. You do realise there's a huge difference from training to playing a game of AFL right.

Really is there?

Moore has now had a good 3 weeks of full training, with 2 of those weeks at full intensity. Today he looked the best out of anyone in match simulation. I presume you attended training today?

Without reserves games I think his papers have definitely been stamped for the year now.

That was my point. He needed to come in this week so he could blow out the cobwebs and get some match fitness up before the GF.

Barring injury I can't see any changes for the rest of this campaign.
My understanding is a scratch match between our reserves and tiger reserve types will be happening.

Regardless they could always mix our leftover players with VFL players and give a solid hit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back