Changes for Showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

McKenzie only comes in to replace Jonas or Clurey. A swap for Hammer makes no sense and throws our balance out.

None of Fredrick, Woodcock, Mayes, Drew and now Hammer command a place on talent or balance/structure and are interchangeable.
mckenzie for burton (if injured) could easily work.
Calling drew out after he lodged a 32d 1 goal 5 clearances game is a bit funny.

mckenzie for burton (if injured) could easily work.
Calling drew out after he lodged a 32d 1 goal 5 clearances game is a bit funny.
It’s was more of a general comment that he hasn’t got a lock on his spot quite yet. I agree he shouldn’t be dropped, his performances are consistently improving.

Is it?
When's he stood up in a loss?
When have you ever said yeah we played terribly but Karl Amon toughed it out? When we are not getting clean possession out of stoppage he's effectively useless.
Mate, he is an outside wingman… everything you have written here is due to his position.
Name another wing from any team that does the opposite to what you wrote?

Were Amons first 25 games better or worse than Farrells?
I had written off Amon after his first 25 and was very wrong.
food for thought
I was actually just thinking the same thing this morning. He’s got talent just need to be more consistent

Apparently the tingle's midfield was monstered by greater western siberia so there is no way Drew will be dropped, particularly after 30 plus touches in a bad loss.
We need to exploit that difference in size and strength blokes like him, Wines and SPP give us, particularly against a rebuilding team like the crows.

Assuming he has recovered Boak is a definite inclusion, and Bonner may get a gig too although he probably should play one more game for the Maggies, Mayes and Woodcock should go, and McKenzie or Leinert should replace Burton.
I suspect Hartlett will hold his spot for at least one more week.

McKenzie was outstanding yesterday, just reads the play so well and uses his body to manipulate his opponent under the ball. I'd have him in for Clurey or Burton in a heartbeat. Loved big Hayes, thought his ruck work and work around the ground was solid, he'd be close. Farrell was classy and looked a cut above the Eagles players, his left foot is elite. Bonner worked his arse off on the wing, just ran up and down providing options all afternoon. It was good to get him through after 6 weeks off, nice goal to finish a solid game. I dont understand why Lienert isnt playing AFL? does everything right. Play Ladhams and drop Dixon at least Pete will provide bail out kicks and compete. His ruck work is also a massive advantage over Charlie.

Is it?
When have you ever said yeah we played terribly but Karl Amon toughed it out? When we are not getting clean possession out of stoppage he's effectively useless.

Hes had a few very good games in losses. Richmond 2019 being his best.

He probably is a downhill skier. Every club has them and players like that are in every premiership side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it?

Geez, this is the worst footy analysis I've seen since your last attempt.

Put Dixon in the midfield, bring in Hayes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are suggesting playing keeping Lycett as 1st ruck, playing Hayes at CHF and playing Dixon as a monster big bodied midfielder, roaming the ground like an Ollie Wines? interesting idea? Once upon a time no one dreamed of 190 to 194cm mids. Why not a new generation of 200+ beasts!

Bonner didn’t do anywhere near enough today to get a recall to the 1s… in fact, at times he looked more like 2019/20 Bonner than the inspired wingman from earlier this season.
He needs a couple more games in the 2s before he is ready IMO.

Could not disagree more with your comment. Bonner was very good yesterday, laid 3 strong tackles on the grandstand wing 2 of which turned the footy over. Ran his arse off all afternoon and worked deep into defense to help the backs out. Got burnt at least a dozen times by non listed players mostly because they dont play to AFL structures. First game for 6 weeks and didnt miss a beat other than 1 poor kick in the first qtr. Nice goal in the last qtr to finished off a solid performance. Take your haters glasses off Boxx, kid was good.

Are suggesting playing keeping Lycett as 1st ruck, playing Hayes at CHF and playing Dixon as a monster big bodied midfielder, roaming the ground like an Ollie Wines? interesting idea? Once upon a time no one dreamed of 190 to 194cm mids. Why not a new generation of 200+ beasts!

More like Big Fog!

His goal was a beauty at the end… I just felt he looked disinterested at times and right back to his old self!
He absolutely did some nice things and you are correct, he tackled well today.
Another run in the 2s won’t hurt.
Disinterested are you for real Boxx?? Probably ran 14 kilometres yesterday, not bad for a kid that hasn't played for 6 weeks!! We need him in for our structure.

Williams was great early but clearly his tank is poor. He fizzled as the game went on, and it's not that he was poor, he just looked gassed on several occasions.

3 goals 13 touches in first half.

Only 6 touches 2nd half.

Kids getting better, definitely showing something the last 2 weeks, but has a way to go yet.

For me

IN: Bonner, Farrell, Boak
OUT: Woodcock, Burton (inj), HH
Agree with your comments 100% lots to like about Williams yesterday, reads the plays well, very crafty up forward.

You would much rather see Farrell playing AFL than a no hoper plodder like Mayes or a honest tryer like Woodcock. At the very least there is some scope for improvement with farrell and he has the pace and skill to play AFL.

There's some debate about his intent and effort but that can be improved.

we were saying similar of players such as Amon and Bonner once too. Some of these kids need extra time and bounce in and out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back