Changes for Showdown

FutureShock

Team Captain
May 13, 2019
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think the problem with McKenzie is the coaches see him as only a KPD and nothing else so he’ll only come in if one of Aliir Clurey or Jonas have to come out.
Seems like you're right, but that's crazy...he has pace and with his booming kick could be a great weapon if used further up the ground.

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Hartlett is skating on thin ice but my gut feel is that the selection committee will give him the showdown as his last chance saloon.

I'd personally drop him though as he has been off all season and i think Mckenzie/Bonner could do a better job.

Boak in for Woodcock is stating the obvious. I'm assuming Boak is ready. He better be.

What is up with DBJ this year, he has dropped off massively after AA and B&F last year, he is barely holding his spot for mine. He needs to reminded of who we've got due to come back into the side.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Mayes should not play an AFL game again for us. He is just simply not up to the standard.

IN: Boak, Bonner
OUT: Woodcock, Hartlett, Mayes

agmsy

All Australian
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Were Amons first 25 games better or worse than Farrells?
I had written off Amon after his first 25 and was very wrong.
food for thought

Statistically, Amon was better, even adjusting for the shorter games that Farrell played last year. Maybe Amon spent a little more time on a wing, but even when we were all melting over his burning the ball, he never seemed as passive as Farrell does.

Even if Farrell does turn out to be an ugly duckling, like Amon was, there's not much to suggest he's ever going to be more than wing/half-forward depth.

Reckon Farrell's closer to being traded for a late pick to someone in love with his kicking action (or hitting the DFA market) than he'll ever be to cracking our best 22/3.

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amon is a downhill skier. Always will be. You never see him consistently stand up in games we've lost. He's the first to forget about his man running the other way and the first to go to water.
He certainly isn't the only one either.

This is right up there as one of your worst, and THAT says a lot.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agreed. Does need to lift though, he was horrendous in that game on Saturday night. He dropped multiple absolute sitter marks that completely killed any momentum.

Im ok giving him a pass. Brisbane wet and greasy is completely unlike any other city wet and greasy and really takes some coming to grips (pun intended) with.

Marshall absolutely killed the team with his dropped marks. Hayes offers a contested marking outlet when kicking down the line and up forward and won't get bowled over easily either. Have him swap with Lycett between fwd and ruck and keep Dixon forward.

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Farrell is a hard one, played a great game as a genuine mid. Who's he replacing in our midfield? Does he get another crack as the high half forward, he just doesn't impact enough in that role. Thought our backline was great, really cohesive. Ladhams still dropping way to many easy marks but he was better. Bonner was ok, probably needs another week. I think Edwards is the best mark in the team, very handy player.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah Hayes and Lycett isn't happening against the crows who have only Riley and it's likely to be wet.

Saints (Marshall and Ryder) and Dogs (English and Martin) are about the only couple of teams that play 2 genuine ruckman.

But do they drop them when the opposition doesn't have 2?

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We have to try Hayes and it shouldn't be when and if Lycett goes down. If you can't do it against a bottom 4 side then when?

Back