mando235

Team Captain
Dec 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal,OKC Thunder,LA Kings,49ers
Amon is a downhill skier. Always will be. You never see him consistently stand up in games we've lost. He's the first to forget about his man running the other way and the first to go to water.
He certainly isn't the only one either.
I have no idea how you got 8 likes on this s**t

6704e1459a209d85035cfc9cf180709f.jpg

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As bad as the crows are though you don’t treat the showdown just as a match against a bottom 4 team. It’s been proven in the past anything can happen in a showdown and weakening our side coz we believe we’re playing a bottom side could prove costly.

Anything can happen in any game. Tingles are an irrelevant minnow. Lose and we really sack Ken because it would be completely unacceptable.

Not sure if it's the right game but Williams was very good for the Magpies. I would like to see Williams and Ladhams come in but knowing Ken Bonner will be back.

Bonner is good now so I'd be disappointed if he didn't come in. Would love both Williams and Bonner to be given a crack.

For mine Pistol blew his opportunity after being given a run of AFL games at the start of the year. Has fallen back behind Hayes now and will need to really re-establish himself with consistent SANFL form (not just a good couple of games) to win his spot back. I'd say there is a >50% chance at this point he won't be at Port next year.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Farrell has had plenty of chances and consistently fails to deliver.
This is such lame response. If the kid goes back and delivers on what he has been asked to improve on (i.e. work harder and get more of the footy), you reward it. I agree his previous chances he has not taken, but he deserves another crack to show he has improved. I would much rather invest in kids with elite traits (Farrell is probably the best kick at the club and has great hands too), than persist with those that have zero upside (Mayes, Woodcock).

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is such lame response. If the kid goes back and delivers on what he has been asked to improve on (i.e. work harder and get more of the footy), you reward it. I agree his previous chances he has not taken, but he deserves another crack to show he has improved. I would much rather invest in kids with elite traits (Farrell is probably the best kick at the club and has great hands too), than persist with those that have zero upside (Mayes, Woodcock).

Your post made sense until the last line where you chucked woodcock in the spud pile.. I'm not sure what makes him any different to Farrel. Both have shown glimpses at times and woodcock is only 21

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This isn't wrong but to me if you are given a crack at the top level and don't take it you need to dominate the SANFL for more than a week or two to get back up. Two more elite SNAFL performances over the next fortnight and I'd have him back in contention.

As it stands I'd much rather see DFW who has never been given an AFL crack.

Wargreymon90

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can break a tack similar to Robbie as well.

Just needs to work harder!

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Your post made sense until the last line where you chucked woodcock in the spud pile.. I'm not sure what makes him any different to Farrel. Both have shown glimpses at times and woodcock is only 21
Yep fair point, maybe woodcock does have some upside, but like Farrell has in the past, he is not contributing much the past fortnight. He needs to go back and work on his game too. I do feel like woodcock is a player without any elite traits. He works hard, good pressure etc, but hes an ordinary kick, hes not very quick. Would you agree that Farrell has more scope to be a better player at AFL level than Woodcock?

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Same as Dixon

We aren't talking about his goal kicking enough.

Misses easy shots every week - and that kills us. We've got away with it most of the time, but against the good sides, it will make a huge difference.

He used to be reasonably reliable but now I feel like he misses from 35m out regularly.

It transforms some of his average games into decent games if he kicks those goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amon is a downhill skier. Always will be. You never see him consistently stand up in games we've lost. He's the first to forget about his man running the other way and the first to go to water.
He certainly isn't the only one either.
Do you try and come up with the worst takes for a laugh?

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep fair point, maybe woodcock does have some upside, but like Farrell has in the past, he is not contributing much the past fortnight. He needs to go back and work on his game too. I do feel like woodcock is a player without any elite traits. He works hard, good pressure etc, but hes an ordinary kick, hes not very quick. Would you agree that Farrell has more scope to be a better player at AFL level than Woodcock?

Probably, he's got a good kick but then so did Lonie...

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's played precisely one average game in a row. Your take is bad.
I'm going by previous years . Look he's definitely improved but he's still invisible in our s**t games. That's my point.. but I'm resigned to the fact that every premiership team has one of these and there's definitely others in this side that I should of gone harder at first

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Farrell is a hard one, played a great game as a genuine mid. Who's he replacing in our midfield? Does he get another crack as the high half forward, he just doesn't impact enough in that role. Thought our backline was great, really cohesive. Ladhams still dropping way to many easy marks but he was better. Bonner was ok, probably needs another week. I think Edwards is the best mark in the team, very handy player.
He is a Wingman, needs to play on a wing but Bonner looked bloody good there Pre season, Amon is in great nick, Durrsma is great on a wing, Burgman looks to be a class Wingman at this stage of his career.

I would prefer Farrell, Burgman, Amon and/or Bonner as Centre square mids before SPP at this point in time, Fwiw.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Woodcock to me is more likely to become an AFL player than Farrell because he actually has a role. He's a natural crumbing forward, ala Fantasia. Whether he'll be good enough at that role to make it at AFL level is up for debate, but at least the defined role is there.

What's Farrell's role? He doesn't get anywhere near enough of it to play midfield, and he looks lost up forward.
On the wing he actually looks threatening.

Half forward at the moment he gets lost

Play him on the wing, perfect chance with him in form and Xavier injured

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm going by previous years . Look he's definitely improved but he's still invisible in our sh*t games. That's my point.. but I'm resigned to the fact that every premiership team has one of these and there's definitely others in this side that I should of gone harder at first

So were many of our players. He didn't have a great game, and I don't see him as being in our best 22, but he's certainly solid enough as a backup. He's played a handful of games, and he's shown enough to be persisted with. I'm not saying we're going to see a Karl Amon level improvement, but premierships are won with a squad. We need to get games into these guys and see what they can do, and so they can improve their game.

Farrell has had 25 odd games, and has shown some glimpses, but seems to really lack in the contest - and this gets shown up massively in finals. I'd rather have Woodcock in over him based on that alone.

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Woodcock to me is more likely to become an AFL player than Farrell because he actually has a role. He's a natural crumbing forward, ala Fantasia. Whether he'll be good enough at that role to make it at AFL level is up for debate, but at least the defined role is there.

What's Farrell's role? He doesn't get anywhere near enough of it to play midfield, and he looks lost up forward.
Wing is his spot.

I love the idea of Farrell, but he’s got to get it together real quick.

Could be way off here, but he seems like one of those guys who has always been so technically-gifted he’s never had to go above and beyond and put serious work in to achieve his goals.

But at the top-flight level, obviously all that changes.

If he could build up his tank, and stay in the game for longer, he would be an outrageous asset.

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I love the idea of Farrell, but he’s got to get it together real quick.

Could be way off here, but he seems like one of those guys who has always been so technically-gifted he’s never had to go above and beyond and put serious work in to achieve his goals.

But at the top-flight level, obviously all that changes.

If he could build up his tank, and stay in the game for longer, he would be an outrageous asset.
Not sure if it's his tank or just work rate in general. He seems happy and capable of running the wings, but doesn't want to put his body on the line in contests, and gets pushed off the ball easily.

No point having elite foot skills if you're not getting the ball, and you need to be able to win your own ball. He's averaging around 12 disposals a game, which is pretty poor. A good kick only gets you so far.

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers

Notably playing in the middle for Magpies at the weekend. Don't mind it. Amon does it a bit too.
Farrell can play wing centre or forward

FightForYourRight

Senior List
Aug 2, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sick to death of us bombing the ball into our forward line. Wouldn't be against Dixon being 'managed'. Would be interesting to see if our forwards could start creating space & be hit up on the lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back