Changes for Showdown

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Farrell has had plenty of chances and consistently fails to deliver.
Amon was in the exact same boat 3 years ago. Now an elite wingman in the competition.
Bonner exactly the same, was in delist territory, then this year prior to injury seemed a totally different player.

Bonner was at sea in the HB role, changed to a forward role this year, and is a new player.
Farrell seems lost in the HF role, put in the middle last week in the snafel, and boom! The guy looked elite.

Way too early to give up on him, like Amon, he just needs self-belief, and like Bonner, play him in the right position.

The Hobo

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amon was in the exact same boat 3 years ago. Now an elite wingman in the competition.
Bonner exactly the same, was in delist territory, then this year prior to injury seemed a totally different player.

Bonner was at sea in the HB role, changed to a forward role this year, and is a new player.
Farrell seems lost in the HF role, put in the middle last week in the snafel, and boom! The guy looked elite.

Way too early to give up on him, like Amon, he just needs self-belief, and like Bonner, play him in the right position.

Let's not get carried away with Bonner - yes he looked awesome, but it was against the Crows and one half against the Kangaroos.

He was also clearly a player being played out of position in defence.

I love the idea of Farrell, but he’s got to get it together real quick.

Could be way off here, but he seems like one of those guys who has always been so technically-gifted he’s never had to go above and beyond and put serious work in to achieve his goals.

But at the top-flight level, obviously all that changes.

If he could build up his tank, and stay in the game for longer, he would be an outrageous asset.

Poor man's Stuey Dew.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Going to assume all the players under injury clouds are fine. Also assuming Bonner is deemed right to run out an AFL game.

Out: Woodcock, Hartlett, Mayes
In: Bonner, Boak, Farrell (Sub)

Bergman and/or Houston shift to half back to cover Hartlett and Boak/Bonner to play up the ground.

MrChow

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Rocky’s hard stuff, clearance, experience, peskiness and tackling has been sorely missed. His slowness is not.

I think against the good teams we need clearance domination to play our front half game and win.

Drew is obviously getting games ahead of him atm, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Rocky gets back in later in the year.

So for the crows game, i don’t think Rocky comes in, I just want Hartlett out, he needs some SANFL time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think there's any chance Hartlett will be dropped.

I expect Frederick to make way for Bonner.

Boak in for Woodcock. It is Woodcock v Drew for me and Drew was very good against the Lions.

I don't think there's any chance Hartlett will be dropped.

I expect Frederick to make way for Bonner.

Boak in for Woodcock. It is Woodcock v Drew for me and Drew was very good against the Lions.
Yeah Drew can't be dropped. Just shift Powell-Pepper to a forward flank and also be a rotation mid.

Oct 4, 2003
Portress
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Yeah Drew can't be dropped. Just shift Powell-Pepper to a forward flank and also be a rotation mid.
SPP needs to be pressure forward. He is a bit of liability with his disposal in the midfield. Also, when he in there with Wines and Drew, we are pretty slow in there. We need some balance with some guys that can run out of stoppage like Boak/Amon (Butters and Rozee).

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SPP needs to be pressure forward. He is a bit of liability with his disposal in the midfield. Also, when he in there with Wines and Drew, we are pretty slow in there. We need some balance with some guys that can run out of stoppage like Boak/Amon (Butters and Rozee).

I agree and also feel like he has a role to play in the midfield when the oppo gets on top.

Sometimes we need to not be fancy and just have someone like SPP beeline the ball and steam roll it forward to prevent opposition repeat centre clearances.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United

Really sickj of people using the amon reference as to why to give other players more of a chance. yep it comes good for some, but on the other hand we have put a shite load of development into some who just went nowhere. So can go each way and should be taken on merit.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really sickj of people using the amon reference as to why to give other players more of a chance. yep it comes good for some, but on the other hand we have put a sh*te load of development into some who just went nowhere. So can go each way and should be taken on merit.
Yes, players that have zero weapons, and that dont give 100% end up going nowhere. We have had a few, as do all clubs. Now you might get sick of the Amon reference, but its a reality! Along with the flops, we have had a bucket-load of mid-draft project players that have developed really well, including Amon, AA players like DBJ, our current captain, and my favorite, Dan Houston. Some have come on quickly, but others need time & games into them, along with identifying their best position. Bonner in defence is a duster, as is playing Farrell on a half-forward flank. Go and have a look at his game in the midfield against the Eagles last week ... He was a different player, with his speed & kicking better utilized.

Sorry, I am going to keep using Amon as a reference for developing players ... whether it makes you sick or not!

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really sickj of people using the amon reference as to why to give other players more of a chance. yep it comes good for some, but on the other hand we have put a sh*te load of development into some who just went nowhere. So can go each way and should be taken on merit.

No-one is saying otherwise. The point is that some people jump the gun and are too keen to write guys off before its reasonable to do so.

Hayes 100% won't be called up. Listed in the SANFL side.

Bonner, Farrell, Lienert, McKenzie and Ladhams in the mix.

My picks based off this info.

IN: Boak, Bonner
OUT: Woodcock, Hartlett

Farrell sub

Amarula

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Western suburbs (Melb)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Indomitable Lions
Hayes 100% won't be called up. Listed in the SANFL side.

Bonner, Farrell, Lienert, McKenzie and Ladhams in the mix.

My picks based off this info.

OUT: Woodcock, Hartlett

Farrell sub
This is what most of us would like, but we know it’s not what we’re gonna get, which is:

OUT: Woodcock, Frederick

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
Yes, players that have zero weapons, and that dont give 100% end up going nowhere. We have had a few, as do all clubs. Now you might get sick of the Amon reference, but its a reality! Along with the flops, we have had a bucket-load of mid-draft project players that have developed really well, including Amon, AA players like DBJ, our current captain, and my favorite, Dan Houston. Some have come on quickly, but others need time & games into them, along with identifying their best position. Bonner in defence is a duster, as is playing Farrell on a half-forward flank. Go and have a look at his game in the midfield against the Eagles last week ... He was a different player, with his speed & kicking better utilized.

Sorry, I am going to keep using Amon as a reference for developing players ... whether it makes you sick or not!

So much anger and stubbornness in some people's posts. Im sick if it!!

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
No-one is saying otherwise. The point is that some people jump the gun and are too keen to write guys off before its reasonable to do so.

And some guys just don't make the cut. So let's just see who deserves it instead of using the amon reference. Id personally not give a game based on one good Maggie's performance, but if team balance and injuries warrant it then give Farrel a go. I want him to come good as much as anyone. I want all our players to come good.

Back