Preview Changes for the Derby v Fremantle @ Optus Stadium 2/6/21 @ 2:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Hurn is a bigger loss than TB. This doesnt bode well.
My spys tell me that medicine in Perth is a pretty dodgy closed shop. The club should look outside the square a bit more.
Unfortunately with the soft cap cuts we can't have cutting edge medical staff .

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Amazing.

After last weeks diabolical performance, and the injuries we have, we still field the same proven spuds and totally out of form guys that haven't performed all year.

Surely now was the time to swing the changes.
Admit Vardy is just a nebbish. When he goes on the ground it feels as if someone just went off.
Cripps has slowed, fumbles and fails to stick tackles. Defensive small forward who keeps the ball in and grabs a few himself? Not any more.
Langdon looks out of his depth. WAFL to show something.
XON and Jones are maybe's for the future, but right now are not highlighting it. Not sure whether to persist as getting games in is a good thing, or a couple of WAFLs to body fitness recover.
Forget guys like Hutchings. He's at the end and as a fringe player what's the point?
Ah Chee might re-invent as perma-sub. Has the build to be a backup for quite a few positions.

I'd rather see LEdwards, Trew, HEdwards and Williams playing than this mob.

Just want Hurn to get to 300 now. Highlight of the year if it happens.
Very weak selection statement isn't it? It's likely to be a loss anyway so may as well play youngsters to see what they have. Simpson should definitely be under the microscope with a loss in this game, hopefully by the media

Get_The_Gaff

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Very weak selection statement isn't it? It's likely to be a loss anyway so may as well play youngsters to see what they have. Simpson should definitely be under the microscope with a loss in this game, hopefully by the media
Seriously?

I know last week was a s**t show but cutting experience players to make a statement when we have so many injuries would be borderline tanking !

Remember we are undefeated at optus this year .

Our team is basically jeckle and hyde with home and away games

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously?

I know last week was a sh*t show but cutting experience players to make a statement when we have so many injuries would be borderline tanking !

We have been Jekyll with our two aces in defense. Without them, no Hurn for leadership, and a weak, shallow midfield who can we beat?

Sure, we beat P.A., but that was Shuey led.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously?

I know last week was a sh*t show but cutting experience players to make a statement when we have so many injuries would be borderline tanking !

Yes but our soldiers are dropping like ninepins so not too confident about a win at home tomorrow when our backline is decimated the way it is? I can only pray lol🙄!

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Amazing to think with this amount of key injuries, we head into this Derby as favourites against an "in form" Fremantle.

Would like to see Ah Chee get a run, even we with no form to go on. Strange how he was going to play early season, had the injury and now stuck in no mans land.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, don't forget our secret weapon, the coaches rocket/stern words after the last game - and NN saying the mids are coming out hard and committed this game...!
More positives - it's Optus, no rain...

It's likely to be a loss anyway so may as well play youngsters to see what they have.

If our match committee took that attitude with this game I’d be marching on Lathlain demanding their resignation.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
In other words.. Simpson’s coaching career is on the line this week

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
E0S5LNCUcAAu8E9

Now deleted

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
We will be sinking to the bottom with Collingwood. At least we can get some good picks. Midfielders please.
Cant wait for us to miss finals for the first time in years only for one of our academy prospects to shoot into top 10 contention, where we have to pick them anyway, after other sides have continually gouged the system for years. What a fun time that will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back