Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
FFS Saw Hurn out. Thought he just didn't quite get up in time for the match, which was totally unexpected.

To find out he's actually re-injured himself. After the debacle with Shuey's hamstrings. This is getting Infuriating now.

Getting injuries in a match is one thing, getting them at training and there ought to be serious questions asked.

Shuey at a training session a few days before Round 1,
Ryan and Petro at the at the same training session (admittedly Ryan's issue was probably a ticking time bomb),
Hurn at a low key session the day before the game.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
This is tailor made for a St Kilda 2020-style win against all odds, anyone else getting that feeling?
Hmm, if I close my eyes, block out all the other noise and imagine NN's chest-beating statement about intent and hardness, written large on a wall...yes, I can just get that feeling?
He's going to look like a giant goose if we lose!

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Yeah, and I think we're also forgetting that Freo aren't very good. I'm confident we've still got enough class to win this and more worried we'll beclown ourselves against Hawthorn next week.
Are you possibly suggesting that this will be a game between the sh*te and the even more sh*te?

I think you may well be correct. Just hope we are just sh*te rather than even more sh*te.

Thinking about the lack of midfielders and dropping a mid (O’Neill) for a forward (Petch), I think the answer is that Duggan will return to the midfield, Nelson will go back to defence.

Backs (7): Edwards, Allen 😬, Rotham, Shep, Cole, Witherden, Nelson
Mids (6): Kelly, Sheed, Redden, Gaff, Brander, Duggan
Rucks (2): NN, Vardy
Forwards (7): Kennedy, Darling, Waterman, Cripps, Jones, Petch, Langdon

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Thinking about the lack of midfielders and dropping a mid (O’Neill) for a forward (Petch), I think the answer is that Duggan will return to the midfield, Nelson will go back to defence.

Backs (7): Edwards, Allen 😬, Rotham, Shep, Cole, Witherden, Nelson
Mids (6): Kelly, Sheed, Redden, Gaff, Brander, Duggan
Rucks (2): NN, Vardy
Forwards (7): Kennedy, Darling, Waterman, Cripps, Jones, Petch, Langdon
Actually makes a lot of sense even if we sacrifice Allen to the back.
Waterman is no slouch around forward and Duggs is needed at the coalface,
although he does provide great drive from the backline..
Wonder if we'll ever see a lift from JJ and Langdon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
We should know one way or another in an hour at the most you'd think.

Yeah running out of time to reverse the decision. The fact Optus have told the 45k attendees it's all go makes me think it is. Hard to get the information through in time to tell them all not to show up.

Just thinking back to how many F1 fans were still queuing up to get into Melbourne last March when they pulled the plug last minute.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah running out of time to reverse the decision. The fact Optus have told the 45k attendees it's all go makes me think it is. Hard to get the information through in time to tell them all not to show up.

Just thinking back to how many F1 fans were still queuing up to get into Melbourne last March when they pulled the plug last minute.
A lot of people might decide themselves not to go, I wouldn't head down there today if I had tickets

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
A lot of people might decide themselves not to go, I wouldn't head down there today if I had tickets
Nah, gotta get out while we can. If this community spread gets out of hand (ie they start finding cases that they can't link back to source), we're looking at 2 weeks lockdown minimum.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah, gotta get out while we can. If this community spread gets out of hand (ie they start finding cases that they can't link back to source), we're looking at 2 weeks lockdown minimum.
I look at like if there is community spread I don't really want to be around 40000 other people....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back