Prediction Changes for the Dogs - Reid, Daicos & Greenwood in for Wells, Fasolo & Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grundy is the ideal successor to Pendlebury. As you say, very likeable, fairly articulate, consistently involved in the play and I imagine he is respected by the players.

He has leader written all over him IMO.......relates to all players and the players would do whatever he asks of him.

Unfortunately he doesn't want it.

Love him.

F31A4AEA-93F3-40E9-8F2B-216105F52BF8.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy is the ideal successor to Pendlebury. As you say, very likeable, fairly articulate, consistently involved in the play and I imagine he is respected by the players.
And shares your name :)

He has leader written all over him IMO.......relates to all players and the players would do whatever he asks of him.

Unfortunately he doesn't want it.

Love him.

View attachment 501905
He does look like a captain.

If I may ask, why doesn’t he want it? Not his thing?

Not his thing Saintly.

I think he would be awesome.
Oh.

Pity.

He would be ideal.
There was a time when Darcy was touted as a future captain but I has this idea Brodie would be perfect.
Oh well.

Great to see Daicos, Murray probably a little stiff, thought there were worse than him last week, Greenwood getting in without earning it. 15 disposals and 8 tackles vs Siers 35 and 6 tackles. Poor form by the match committee not to reward consistent good form of the bear.

Different roles though. I'm happy we are playing a tag on Macrae because if we shut him down it's a long way towards winning the game. Greenwood clearly the best tagging option we have.

That said it feels like a step backward in a lot of ways. One because Greenwood last got dropped because he was earning mid teens in the seniors and that hasn't improved at VFL level. And for good footskills in general. I reckon we could have looked at Sier to fill Adams boots and Adams to lock down. More risky, less conservative move.

I'm torn on the decision. There are merit in both lines of thinking.

Yeah my mate who I'm going to the game with tomorrow said "We've never been to Etihad and watched Pies beat Dogs".

That takes some doing, we’ve had more wins against them at Docklands than any other team.

Authorities have been alerted, be prepared to get turned away at the gate (with extreme prejudice). Your clearly responsible for a lot of pain and suffering.
I'll counter this. I will be there and it will be my first game as a spectator since 2013. Against the same opposition, and we won by five goals that afternoon too.

I have never lost seen a game against the dogs at Etihad. Saw my first win back in 2002 when Chris grant kicked the ball like he had a wooden leg. The same day pebbles used Steven kretiuk as a step ladder.

Those are some memories re. Pies in a canter. Anybody interested in babysitting me? Nice to not have to high five myself for a change!

Last edited:
Macrae definitely wouldn’t have enjoyed dinner tonight. He just found out he is about to be fitted with some tight Levi’s. Levi’s that hurt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I stopped wearing Levi's that were too tight. Just soul crushing. Also lowers your virility. Good luck Mr Macrame. But not too much re :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back