Prediction Changes for the Dogs - Reid, Daicos & Greenwood in for Wells, Fasolo & Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want to contend we can't use Wells as a be all and end all for that to come to fruition.

Yep. We need to be able to not rely on him but also to be able to rely on him when it really matters. '

If we want to contend we need Wells fit and firing at the pointy end of the season. We have a tough run home (Eagles North Richmond Sydney in rounds 17-20) and we need him to help us get through them unscathed and hopefully play finals.

Somebody ask for a link?

lancelot_link_07.jpg

What an absolute farce Wells' recruitment has proven to be. He's played two games of AFL in nearly 10 months and he needs a rest. What a terrific way to spend 500 thousand dollars a year!
At least Mayne has consistently made himself available to play. And didn't come back from pre-season break both times fat as a house.

Wells was always going to be a high risk investment, but I reckon he's worth the risk. He makes us heaps better.

Wells was always going to be a high risk investment, but I reckon he's worth the risk. He makes us heaps better.

70% better apparently.

Yep. We need to be able to not rely on him but also to be able to rely on him when it really matters. '

If we want to contend we need Wells fit and firing at the pointy end of the season. We have a tough run home (Eagles North Richmond Sydney in rounds 17-20) and we need him to help us get through them unscathed and hopefully play finals.

Yeah agree we need him as part of the equation, blunt reality is he's not getting on the park enough. Will that improve? Maybe, even if he's fit and firing as the club is "planning" will the club play him in those 4 games in a row? How risky would that be? If we make finals and go past week 1 or 2 do we rest him then? Certainly wouldn't be able to play him 4 weeks in a row and then hope he's up for another string of finals with his condition as it is now.

We need him to be able to get on the park more often, pretty much as simple as that. Question is can we?

I think it's pretty obvious that they feed in to one another. We've recruited an AFL player, on 500k a year, that at this stage can't play more than 2 games of AFL in a row without being rested.

I'm not really concerned about he validity of the way they are managing him or the decision to rest him, it's the farcical nature in which it needs to occur.

Didn't think so :)

Didn't think I have to validate anything to you
You that lazy or

Here's a hint

Try google type in
A rohan Connelly
Or b wells contract see what you get

Or try compensation free agent formula

Or go to the mayne thread

Then you might be able to you know balanced

Watched Bukley's presser on line and he vaguely alluded that we might put a tag on McCrae. Would they put Sides on him? Would they bring in Levi?

In the bris post game presser he stated they put Sides on Zorko and that obviously didn't work. Will be an interesting to see the team line up tomorrow. In any case and however we achieve it we need to quell the impact of McCrae.

Wouldn’t be opposed to bringing Greenwood in just to shut down McRae. Shut him down and we’re 75% of the way to winning the game considering how good he’s going and how poor the rest of them are.

The other alternative is putting Adams on him since he’s doing SFA doing anything else atm.

I’m generally against a tag but considering how Mitchell and Zorko have single handily taken games from us this year, I’d bring one in this week

70% better apparently.
You've gone metric? I still prefer the imperial measurements of stuff all and heaps.

Your measurements are more trustworthy though, if it's been selected to be published on the interwebs and it contains a %, it is true. There is an 8% chance of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t be opposed to bringing Greenwood in just to shut down McRae. Shut him down and we’re 75% of the way to winning the game considering how good he’s going and how poor the rest of them are.

The other alternative is putting Adams on him since he’s doing SFA doing anything else atm.

I’m generally against a tag but considering how Mitchell and Zorko have single handily taken games from us this year, I’d bring one in this week

Yeah, just play Adams on him. A game with just one clear directive to shut down McRae could do him good.

id like to see Sier come in for Wells
In: Reid, Sier
Out: Fasolo, Wells

Thinking of really loading up on you guys - $1.43ish on Betfair looks good value. Cant see how the dogs will kick a winning score and still have terribly fresh memories of Anzac day :(

Thinking of really loading up on you guys - $1.43ish on Betfair looks good value. Cant see how the dogs will kick a winning score and still have terribly fresh memories of Anzac day :(

careful. danger game for us at Etihad imho.
These are the types of games that in the past 3-4 years we have lost. although I do think we will win, I don't see much value <1.50$

Yeah, just play Adams on him. A game with just one clear directive to shut down McRae could do him good.

Would Tay do as instructed though? Would he be listening when the coach says "just shut him down, don't worry about your own game just stop him" or would he have grand visions of being a link up player and belting a 60m drop punt through for a goal?

I would hope it is the former, and I like the idea - so long as he executes as instructed.

If the Bear is named in the side tommorow night.. might down half a slab to celebrate.. f really enjoy it re.

I would love to see him debut for us. Here's hoping he gets selected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back