Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
Only thing going to motivate us really is to beat Essendon for the first time in a final. Cats or Pies the week after will be a bridge too far.

Can't believe we've blown it big time. In a way its like 93' again where the eventual 9th side outclassed us at home in the final round.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gugs9

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan
Thursday night is probably a the best result for us. If we win we get two decent rests before weeks 1 and 2. And our opponent in week 2 gets 1 less day rest than us too

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
That's the thing. If they a hurting why keep doing the thing that is hurting them?

I was disappointed with the Richmond loss but I respected the effort they put in. You would think a close loss like that would fire you up and make you want to make amends. Then we put up one of our worst performance of the year. Where is the logic?
Could be as simple as they all got themselves up for last week and were knackered last night and thought they could dial in a performance to get over the line. Could be a bit of arrogance after what we've achieved in the last 12 months that we can turn it on to win from anywhere. You don't have to be far off from any team to get smacked as we did. I don't know why we do it. Maybe our level is the best when it's on but we don't have the ability to hit that level consistently.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Greetings.

Anyone got an idea what the go is for tickets to this big match is?

I’m assuming they go on sale this week sometime. But what’s the usual procedure for Perth finals?

Members first then general sales the next day?

It’s been away since I’ve been to a bomber final here in Perth.

Freo vs ESS about 2006 I think ...so I’ve got no idea.

alexmcd

Team Captain
May 22, 2011
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s not all bad. I think best result is Brisbane win and we travel to the G against pies in week 2 and then a raw Brisbane in week 3. Hope is a Richmond v Geelong tough contest and we flat track three games in a row to the gf.

One can dream? If we do show up we can go toe to toe with anyone.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Here's an out: the lackadaisical f*cken game-day coaching effort that we seem too keen on.

Time and again the team will either be down or holding a slim lead at the break - where are the coaching staff? Nowhere. The "leaders" are holding their own "coaching" sessions amongst their charges. You'll often find Simmo + the coaching staff off to the side, arms crossed watching proceedings.

F*ck that noise. It looks sh*thouse and it clearly doesnt work when we're getting worked over.

Explains the inconsistent performances

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Thursday night really that bad? Should we progress we need all the rest we can.
It is actually good (admittedly I am biased as I'm on a flight all day Saturday).

Without getting ahead of ourselves, the fixture would look something like this:

Thurs v bombers - if we win followed by
Friday night mcg vs pies/Geelong - if we win followed by
Saturday afternoon vs tigers or lions (history says that the winner of the 1 v 4 prelim gets the Friday night game)

So 8 day breaks for each, plus a day game preliminary which suits us better than night.

A lot to be done to get there, but if it is similar to that we can't complain about fixturing...

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
So much negativity for our boys who got us an unexpected G.F last year. Simmer down folks as it has been a full on last two years. Hardest working team in the comp with travel and heavy expectations. Shame we didn't get our last 7 at home.

Unexpected? Finished top two and it was unexpected?

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Add me to the won't be going because its on a Thursday group.

Probably suits the corrupt AFL though, I will be forced to sit through channel 7's rubbish.

EagleMutt

Senior List
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It is actually good (admittedly I am biased as I'm on a flight all day Saturday).

Without getting ahead of ourselves, the fixture would look something like this:

Thurs v bombers - if we win followed by
Friday night mcg vs pies/Geelong - if we win followed by
Saturday afternoon vs tigers or lions (history says that the winner of the 1 v 4 prelim gets the Friday night game)

So 8 day breaks for each, plus a day game preliminary which suits us better than night.

A lot to be done to get there, but if it is similar to that we can't complain about fixturing...

So same as 2016

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

SAweagle

Team Captain
Apr 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Out- Duggan Hickey petrol barrass

In- nik natanewee Schofield Cameron archee

Sheppard Schofield Hurn

Jetta Gov. Nelson

Gaff. Redden. Masten

Ryan. Darling. Rioli

Allen. Kennedy. Cripps

Nicnat. Shuey. Yeo

Archee waterman Cameron sheed

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Haven't missed a home final for about 20 years. Won't go due to scheduling on a Thursday night. Such a s**t timeslot, extra s**t in WA.

Plus yes, am a bit jaded about missing top 4 and throwing away any chance of a flag. Winning 3 away finals in a row from WA is never going to happen.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Out: nelson, waterman, petch
In: schofield, nic, ahchee

Id rather see duggan dropped instead of nelson. Both have shonky disposal. We need schofield in as he has reinvented himself as a lock down defender as the other two play unnacountable defensive footy.

Waterman makes way for nic. Who unfortunately cant ruck more than half a game so hickgod stays.

Petch is the DV of 2018, getting carried hardcore. Ahchee to replace

alexmcd

Team Captain
May 22, 2011
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Barass stays. Petch has to go. Not sure who comes in for Nic Nat? Can we get Duggan into the wafl finals before thurs. Was def out of touch on sat night. I think Cameron comes in until hutch is ok.

Out: Petch, Duggan, waterman
In: Nic Nat, scho, Cameron

Back