Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like one of those 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2007, 2012 type seasons.

Just look decent and around the mark most of the season, look ok in an elimination final then get bundled out in a semi final.

I hope something just clicks for the team over the break and they rally for one last month.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have faith guys, don’t write the Lions off just yet which could get you back into top 4 and play us in a QF final!

On current form you guys would give us a belting again I feel. Fagan has your side absolutely humming at the right end of the season. Polar opposite to where we are. Outside of West Coast I hope you guys go all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the first year I can remember of West Coast making finals where there hasn’t been one game where I have thought: ‘I would like to watch the replay of that match.’
We have lacked desire and intent. Players are very content with themselves after winning the premiership last year.

Simpson is a very good strategist but lacks nous on game day. He just reverts to the mantra of ‘backing players in’.

It was clear last week that Hickey needed a break and Barrass needed to be dropped. You can’t play both Nelson and Duggan in the same side because they both lack composure and have average disposal.

Petruccelle needs to be dropped and replaced with Cameron or Ah Chee.

Waterman is too slow for AFL football and if Naitanui is fit, Waterman comes out and Allen plays forward.

We need Schofield down back and he should replace Barrass.

There is way too much panic kicking and blind handballing. Some of the efforts in the past two weeks have been embarrassing.

I would find a way to bring in Ah Chee because he offers us versatility. Redden needs a rocket and Hurn looks as though he is on holiday.
Never a truer word was said!

Also so many players who seem out of form - our entire backline for starters with the exception of Shep (who was hindered after sustaining a hip injury) and Jetta. Barrass in particular is way out of form and you have to ask the question as to why his form has dropped off as much as it has. His marking which used to be a feature of his game - he is now dropping those marks that once he could take without too much effort. It is baffling.

Also the midfield - again too many down on form - apart from Yeo and perhaps Gaff (although Gaff gets the ball he is not all that damaging with ball in hand) - in particular have noticed Shuey is not the same player as he normally is and even Sheed since he got his corky has gone off the boil. Perhaps we are missing a fit Hutch more than we know? Does he cover a lot of our inadequacies in the midfield???

The forward line - unfortunately with JK think the body can no longer do what the mind desires and think the end is not too far away, however in saying that his game last night was better than some of the others. JD was playing under duress with the corky he sustained last week so we were not going to see JD at his best. The small forwards were all at sea most of the night although thought Rioli was good.

The ruck - well it is what it is with Nic being out injured and Vardy has been either injured and dreadfully out of form prior to getting injured. Can't knock Hickey too much as probably plays to the best of his capabilities, although has been a bit off the last couple of weeks but he has plenty of friends. Allen tries his heart out and I do really like his game but we have to remember he is still young and finding his way, and has been serviceable as the backup ruck considering he has been thrown into this role. At least he had a go last night so he would be one of the first I would pick if I was picking the side.

All a bit depressing all things considered on the eve of a finals series. We should all be excited instead of all doom and gloom, but it is what it is and many of the players probably need to ask themselves the question "have they put in during the year as much as they should have". I suspect many would have to answer in the negative. I originally thought we were building up to be at our peak by the time the finals series started, but the last two losses (particularly last night) showed up our inadequacies🙁

Gee that’s rough to watch don’t blame him one bit 😔

Really feel for him, Nic and Sheppy. All of the talk coming from the playing group at the end of last year and coming into this year was that they want to do it for those 3. So you can understand their disappointment in some of lads efforts this year. Got their hopes up.

Out Petrol and Waterman
In Cameron (has more tricks than Petrol) and Nic Nat (releases Oscar to go forward and then beast the bouncedowns)

Blow the siren! Blow the damn siren!
Really feel for him, Nic and Sheppy. All of the talk coming from the playing group at the end of last year and coming into this year was that they want to do it for those 3. So you can understand their disappointment in some of lads efforts this year. Got their hopes up.

All talk no walk. Soft spot for Gaffy and Shep and NN of course so feel for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back