Changes for the Melbourne Test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Won’t in Sydney and good as it’s a joke. Pitches lose their original character if they are drop ins. The only ones that have been okay have been ones they use the pink ball- that’s the ball not the pitch mainly. Until you can 100% guarantee it won’t lose the character it won’t go through in Sydney- we actually care about tradition.

Sydney isn’t in Melbournes winter and the SCG doesn’t host 6 x the amount of fixtures the MCG does in winter.

The center wicket literally turned to mud heaps, caused injuries etc.

The redevelopment of the MCG wouldn’t have occurred without the move.

Pattinson was fairly s**t in the Ashes.

Neser has the better shield record over the last few years, he’s also an even better bat.

I’d be having a look at him over Pattinson, who I think has lost a yard with the injuries.

Sydney isn’t in Melbournes winter and the SCG doesn’t host 6 x the amount of fixtures the MCG does in winter.

The center wicket literally turned to mud heaps, caused injuries etc.

The redevelopment of the MCG wouldn’t have occurred without the move.

Well as long as the SCG doesn't go to drop ins, I'm happy. Least we voted it down this year, thankfully.

I would give neser a go but if not then it has to be patto, siddle was a great workhorse but he looked done near the end of the ashes so it's perplexing langer apparently wants him back.

Correct me if im wrong but i believe neser missed at lleast one shield game to be with the aussie side so if we are just going to bring back a 35 year old siddle why wasn't neser back playing domestic cricket and siddle could have been with the test team as bowling cover?

For GABBA people wanted to pick bowlers based on their GABBA record, for MCG we don’t want to pick best bowlers for ground...

In fairness to Langer, Siddle has usually been behind Hazlewood and is often the logical replacement for him as you couldn’t really play them together.

Starc and Patto could be very costly together, but having Siddle provides cover and Patto offers as much with the bat as Wade. Of course if Marsh was fit it’d be simply Marsh and Patto in

He was good a lot more recently than that it's just the reality that he struggled in his last test he is 35 and we have other quality options ready to go.

It's not as simple as don't pick him he is no good anymore it's just age and other options available make it the less appealing option bit like s marsh with the bat.

It's finally time. I send in letter to the HUN 50/50 column every year.

Out: Wade
In: Dean Jones

Mark Waugh would find some way to steal Deanos spot again ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Pattinson isn't playing something is buggered with Australian cricket. Neser with his English style of bowling will perfrom like those lemons do on the flat MCG pitch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For GABBA people wanted to pick bowlers based on their GABBA record, for MCG we don’t want to pick best bowlers for ground...

In fairness to Langer, Siddle has usually been behind Hazlewood and is often the logical replacement for him as you couldn’t really play them together.

Starc and Patto could be very costly together, but having Siddle provides cover and Patto offers as much with the bat as Wade. Of course if Marsh was fit it’d be simply Marsh and Patto in

Surprised you don't remember England licking their lips in the 5th Ashes Test and dining out big time on Siddle's pies. If Siddle replaces Hazlewood all I can say is
Bon Appétit New Zealand.

What a shame he’s not fit, it might have given the Kiwis a chance!

Did lol at calls to make the WACA changeroom wall Australian of the Year!!!
Averages 45 with the bat and 24 with the ball against the bunch of crabs you cheer on, bit embarrassing eh?

Our frontline bowlers are too fragile, we need a 5th option as back up guys!

View attachment 794661

As this is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this recently, either Kram is being well paid by Mitch Marsh to promote his unlikely test recall or this is the man himself.

Dear Mitch,

You really have been the biggest tease since we all thought Shane Watson was going to be the next Gary Sobers.
Then, when you have been provided opportunities you either find a way to lose your wicket via a schoolboy error type shot or when you are bought onto bowl you usually open a pie shop which can include getting tonked out of the ground by tail-enders..!

Most of us are generous in providing anyone two or maybe three chances at the test team, but unfortunately for you I think that train left the station sometime ago and you weren't on it...

Look, there have been a lot of very talented cricketers, some with amazing 1st class records, that for some reason have never succeeded at test level, you weren't the first and won't be the last.

Regards,

Surprised you don't remember England licking their lips in the 5th Ashes Test and dining out big time on Siddle's pies. If Siddle replaces Hazlewood all I can say is
Bon Appétit New Zealand.

As Millky95 said, last time he bowled at the MCG he was so unplayable that WA went home crying and refused to play.

Are you still upset they dropped your favourite pie chucker? Without Siddle, Australia lose 3-1

Averages 45 with the bat and 24 with the ball against the bunch of crabs you cheer on, bit embarrassing eh?

Nearly as embarrassing as him being as popular with Australian cricket fans as Stuart Broad

As Millky95 said, last time he bowled at the MCG he was so unplayable that WA went home crying and refused to play.

Are you still upset they dropped your favourite pie chucker? Without Siddle, Australia lose 3-1

Nearly as embarrassing as him being as popular with Australian cricket fans as Stuart Broad

We can get Sutherland in too then, great economy rate v WA!

patto or neser surely replace hazlewood and siddle stays in the extended squad if selected.

can't see hazlewood fit for sydney either.

not sure we need a 5th bowler in melb or syd - meaning paine @ 6.

marnus, head & wade (smith) can bowl a few overs in need, while not ideal.

bring back watto! :)

let the guys go hard for 2 weeks and they can have 6 months off if required as there is only mickey mouse cricket on after this. (BBL and odi's v ind and nz)

not sure we need a 2nd spinner in sydney either as there is no out and out standout. play your best 4 bowlers !

I'd go with Pattinson unless there looks like being some juice in the deck. Then Neser or Siddle might come into their own. Siddle would be the safe option out of those two, Neser perhaps the one who might create more opportunities.
The worry I have from the bits of I've seen of Neser (which is not a lot) is that he might be lot like Bird. Keeps it tight, seam upright and gets some movement if there is any, but can't quite get the job done against Test quality players.

First Test (which we won by 251 runs) the result wouldn't have been much different apart from us winning by more. In the second test (which we drew) he got 1 wicket in the first innings and had the worst E/R and 2 wickets in the second with the worst E/R apart from Lyon. 3rd Test he was rightly droppped. 4th Test we won without him. 5th Test (which we lost) he was inconceivably brought back and performed as expected, two wickets for the whole match and the worst E/R.

Without Siddle we would've won 4 - 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back