Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that the dees will send May to English, and basically rough him up and get physical with him. Try to intimidate him.

Petty will go to naughts, and lever will go to schache or go 3rd man up/intercept whenever he can.

If we can go hard at the matchups, this could lead to an advantage

Too right

He clearly needs some privacy during this time and has every right to expect he should get it
I get that but this is a public forum and no one is being forced to read it so don’t read it if you don’t like it

We are not sitting in anyone’s lounge room unless they want us there good or bad

I get off this place when it goes ridiculously negative it’s easy to do

It will be interesting to see if the Dees try to use the vision that got out of the dogs celebration with music and a couples beers after beating Port as motivation for them. Things like they do not respect us, they got ahead themselves. Pretty sure Bevo would be using it if the boot was on the other foot.
Just show the media talking like it’s a forgone conclusion will counter that

You’re suggesting Melbourne can use it as some sort of evidence of disrespect to inspire them. I don’t agree, it’s just a team celebrating a win, nothing out of the ordinary.
I got the impression Bevo was just annoyed that something came out from the dressing room, not specifically an issue with this clip. In general he doesn’t want anything filmed in that moment probably in case something that could be used against them eventuated.
I think they were upset as they were filmed drinking mid strength beer, I know i would

I think that the dees will send May to English, and basically rough him up and get physical with him. Try to intimidate him.

Petty will go to naughts, and lever will go to schache or go 3rd man up/intercept whenever he can.

If we can go hard at the matchups, this could lead to an advantage
Timmy should down with the first punch, kick a goal from the free, and he’ll soon stop that nonsense.

You’re suggesting Melbourne can use it as some sort of evidence of disrespect to inspire them. I don’t agree, it’s just a team celebrating a win, nothing out of the ordinary.
I got the impression Bevo was just annoyed that something came out from the dressing room, not specifically an issue with this clip. In general he doesn’t want anything filmed in that moment probably in case something that could be used against them eventuated.
I'm not sure it's that either. When the baggy greens win a test match they go and sing a song under the southern cross (I think). No-one but the players are allowed to attend and I don't believe it has ever been recorded or filmed but is a long standing and known tradition. I think it's like that. It's the sanctity of the thing. It's essentially a private moment for those involved to enjoy and celebrate a significant achievement as a group to the exclusion of all others. I think that's OK.

We don't have to see everything. We can hear of it, it can be alluded to and may be come the stuff of legend. But we don't have to see it.

He is such a staple of that defence that if he doesn't play or is restricted in his movement it would huge. Would also put more pressure on Lever to defend as opposed to rolling off.
Bit like keith missing last week. We adapted and flourished.

May in or out doesnt decide the game but better for us if he isnt playing.

My brother sent me this:

Amazing analysis of both our meetings with the Dees this year from David King, Craig Jennings and Gerard Whateley. Absolutely worth a listen to. Didn’t realise that Melbourne won the contested possessions count both times against us. You would think Dunks back (Especially if he tags) and Treloar will change that somewhat.
We played 2 first gamers agains the dees early in the season. Bevo was playing the long game that day, they won.

It will be interesting to see if the Dees try to use the vision that got out of the dogs celebration with music and a couples beers after beating Port as motivation for them. Things like they do not respect us, they got ahead themselves. Pretty sure Bevo would be using it if the boot was on the other foot.
I was wrapped when that vision came out. Showed how tight we are and enjoying the journey, if i was a dees player i would be nervous.

We got this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wrapped when that vision came out. Showed how tight we are and enjoying the journey, if i was a dees player i would be nervous.

We got this one.

Biggsy was on the Front Bar, and said Libba started this celebration. I think it is great, and remember the VFL premiership side were doing it after the game.

My guess is it will be vander and Gardiner who miss out, vander sub...but who knows what will happen, long way to go until team selection. Who would want to be a team selector in gf week.

I do know that the hotel they are staying at is the best they've had all finals and players are enjoying it there which is great.

The funniest bit about the video was the 2 other people in front of the person also taking video.

Not really sure what was so video worthy about it all anyhow as to why you'd pull your phone out?

My guess is it will be vander and Gardiner who miss out, vander sub...but who knows what will happen, long way to go until team selection. Who would want to be a team selector in gf week.

I do know that the hotel they are staying at is the best they've had all finals and players are enjoying it there which is great.
I'd rather have Gardner than Cordy who is slow and doesn't have the reach

The funniest bit about the video was the 2 other people in front of the person also taking video.

Not really sure what was so video worthy about it all anyhow as to why you'd pull your phone out?
Folks often have phones out to record team song etc. I don't see any issue with it if a club person filmed it for their own keepsake, issue is it made it to a public forum.

In 30, 40 years, many of these support staff will have long retired and have a folder on their hard drives - hard drives which may very well be physically implanted in their heads by then - called "2021".

On it will be dozens of videos recorded, of special moments that only the inner sanctum of the club will have been privvy to during this month - they themselves may not think too much of the odd recording they whip out their phones for today, but I think they'll very much appreciate how "video worthy" these moments were when their minds would have otherwise long forgotten many of them.

Should we go on to win, these may be some of the greatest weeks of the support staff's lives just as much as it will be for the players and coaches.

#PremiershipRingsForAllStaffAndPlayers

A really tough week for the selectors. 4 into 2 does not go. Cordy, Gardner, JJ and VDM. I'd favour Gardner in combination with Keath over Cordy. JJ was so good (and courageous) last week it makes he and VDM an absolute line ball. Love VDMs speed and how he takes time away from defenders and would perhaps give him the nod.

If they want both, Roarke Smith could be unlucky and Scott is a sub option also.

Some terribly hard decisions ahead but a great position to be in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back