Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

In the words of The Bont on RSN “ no point in borrowing problems from the future”
I know Bevo’s not generally a fan of the bye, but I reckon we were running on fumes by the end of the Port game. We’ve played 13 weeks straight. I’d take the week off in these circumstances every time.

I know Bevo’s not generally a fan of the bye, but I reckon we were running on fumes by the end of the Port game. We’ve played 13 weeks straight. I’d take the week off in these circumstances every time.
The bye couldn't have come at a better time a month of hard finals footy. Chance to freshen everyone up get Cody & Keath back. We are primed to the minute to give it a red hot crack

All the evidence I’ve seen points to May tearing his hamstring. What he’s been doing since their prelim is exactly what you would be doing with a strain and not back related tightness. A bruise only occurs when there’s a genuine strain. He might be fine for the game, but I’m sure internally Melbourne are a lot more worried than they’re letting on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

All the evidence I’ve seen points to May tearing his hamstring. What he’s been doing since their prelim is exactly what you would be doing with a strain and not back related tightness. A bruise only occurs when there’s a genuine strain. He might be fine for the game, but I’m sure internally Melbourne are a lot more worried than they’re letting on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would be a massive risk to play someone who had a hamstring tear in a GF
Chances of going a player down early and a key structural player like May would be a huge setback. A big risk too run guess we will have a better idea Thursday if he is going to be ok for the match

Would be a massive risk to play someone who had a hamstring tear in a GF
Chances of going a player down early and a key structural player like May would be a huge setback. A big risk too run guess we will have a better idea Thursday if he is going to be ok for the match
He's playing so must be fine

You're coaching in an AFL grand final in less than two weeks, you're also wary of the recent Geelong incident yet you look at the menu and go "yeah mate give us the seafood!"

Get on the same level as your players, because you're relaxing far too early fellas. Far, far too early.

It was probably a bad reaction to his stash of peptides. Known doper that somehow got off scot free after the Bombers scandal.

I just can't accept omitting Roarke. We need his defence on Langdon.

A few people have said Langdon burned him earlier this season, probably better to let he & Hunter outrun each other. Better match up against Brayshaw who was annoyingly efficient against us if he can sit on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May was on radio about 2 months ago and was asked who his most difficult opponent is. He’s answer Naughton because he can come into a marking situation from anywhere and his ground level skills and speed are weapons
Wait till he hits peak and has a full pre season with JUH running around next to him

Last edited:
Lol Purple on May

"You don't want him pinging a Hamstring now, it's much better if it's in the last quarter of Saturday's game with them already well ahead"

Agree.

It's strange how little many Melbourne supporters seem to think of us.

The general consensus is "if we stuff this up". Not ''if we win". It's almost like they think the only way they lose is if they make errors

The Dees pre match thread sounds a lot like the Power pre match thread leading into the Prelim...

Main board thread and its moderation is way out of whack

Melbourne supporters can troll, argue and derail the thread with umpire whinging but the minute you respond in kind you get booted from the thread.

Pathetic

It's absolutely ****ed. Opposition can also post some heinous s**t in the name of banter but Bulldogs cannot respond in kind or call them out on it.

I'm flipping between being optimistic and pessimistic.

Anything under our best, we will get smacked.

I am quite happy in that we have pretty much a full list and a solid preparation giving us a good chance.

If we get rolled from here fair enough.

My tip, Dogs by 38 in honour of Dale Morris.

Same. It’s the waiting time isn’t it. I move between feeling great about our chances to picturing the Dees getting their medals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Kills me. I was looking at my 2016 premiership posters this morning, visualising adding a couple of more. It would feel great!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back