Preview Changes for the Mighty Dogs into the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Cordy over Gardner. Did not see that coming.

Selecting 3 players coming back from injury in a Grand Final. Big calls.

Well we're in a Grand Final that I didn't think we'd be in, and I didn't agree with Bevo and I was wrong, so just have to get behind him and the boys.

Honestly could not care less about the changes.
Our core players play well then we'll do well.
Don't think we can do it. Melbourne have been ultra consistent and have been up for pretty much every big game this year. Also I think their current team is slightly better than ours. Dees will win and it'll be nauseating.

Is this where I call you out again or will that jinx us? I called it out before the prelim & we won comfortably!

Looking at the results and changes between the 3 games we have/will play them this year i see it this way.

We have played them twice and they have played us zero times. We will be a different beast to either of the games previously this year and they will be pretty much same same. This gives me great optimism.

Not a knock on melbiurne, just an observation.

It’s ok mate, we are all feeling nervous/restless/scared/hopeful/1000 other emotions

Feel free to send me a PM if the tension gets too much. I suffer with it myself. I couldn’t sleep last night!

I’ve slept poorly all week. I was less worried in 2016, yet the stakes in some ways were even higher then.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looking back at the brownlow voting and taking into account the coaches votes for our first three finals- Bont hasn’t been BOG in 6 games. It feels like that’s very rare for him. Could have a huge one this weekend. Fingers crossed!

I feel he has been positioning himself more defensively at stoppages and sacrificing his own game for the other mids especially when we are being dominated in the ruck.

King, campaigner though he is, made a good point. If they had the emotional chat Bevo described with each of Vanders and Gardner, odds are neither is the sub. Probably down to Richards and Scott.

I'd wager Scott but they'd both be solid options. Richards is best off half back but if he comes in Caleb can go to the midfield or forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at the results and changes between the 3 games we have/will play them this year i see it this way.

We have played them twice and they have played us zero times. We will be a different beast to either of the games previously this year and they will be pretty much same same. This gives me great optimism.

Not a knock on melbiurne, just an observation.

Do you realise this is illogical and the two statements are completely incompatible?

If we haven't played you at all, that also means you haven't played us.

I assume you're defining the dogs as "including dunkley, martin and treloar" and you're claiming that because thosed changes make your team an entirely different side, that in effect Melbourne have had no exposure to the Dogs "real" team this season.

If we accept at face value that indeed, those additions do in fact change your team so substantially as to be an entirely different side, then by that very same statement you are saying the "real" Dogs have yet to face the Dees either.

Its very much an either/or thing. Either the current dogs team is so markedly different from round 11 or round 19 that neither team has played eachother, or its not different enough to be considered a completely different team, and the sides have played eachother twice.

In any case, we've played eachother the exact same amount of times.

Do you realise this is illogical and the two statements are completely incompatible?

I assume you're defining the dogs as "including dunkley, martin and treloar" and you're claiming that because thosed changes make your team an entirely different side, that in effect Melbourne have had no exposure to the Dogs "real" team this season.

If we accept at face value that indeed, those additions do in fact change your team so substantially as to be an entirely different side, then by that very same statement you are saying the "real" Dogs have yet to face the Dees either.

Its very much an either/or thing.
And Danster ventures across to our board now. Yay.

Its very much an either/or thing. Either the current dogs team is so markedly different from round 11 or round 19 that neither team has played eachother, or its not different enough to be considered a completely different team, and the sides have played eachother twice.

In any case, we've played eachother the exact same amount of times.

Awww does the Grey Wiggle want a hug?

I think you know

you post the same way he does and he vanished last night and that’s when you mysteriously joined.

I genuinley don't. I haven't posted on here in years, and I mean like a decade, and forgot my login details. I'm just champing at the bit for the GF, bored in lockdown, and wanted to chat for a few days about the game/buildup. I assure you I have no intention of trolling your side whatsoever.

I'm a big fan of your team, you play attractive footy and have likeable players, and I'm glad its the two best sides in it on GF day.

Looking back at the brownlow voting and taking into account the coaches votes for our first three finals- Bont hasn’t been BOG in 6 games. It feels like that’s very rare for him. Could have a huge one this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I have a feeling he will have a big one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back