I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
10hrs to go.
Do we think stef is actually going to play, not hopeful after bevos latest presser. As for bont not certain he is 100% but then again which footy player is ever 100%.
Lastly im bloody scared for our backline tonight.
Regardless im hoping we put up a fight

Our midfield must win the clearance battle and there must be manic pressure around the ball. These two things and our defence will stand up.

As much as I can't stand him, to his credit, Scott called out our treatment by the AFL and various governments and health authorities last night. Said it should never ever be allowed to happen again or something like that. SA clearly the worst.

Round 23 was insane being dictated to by another state in your own state, but yesterday was next level. Pathetic the AFL doesn't have the balls to stand up to SA.
In defence (jk) of SA, they've just announced... A CASE.
Now we need to worry (no jk) if McClown will let us back into WA when we win. (Or even Port, on the offchance they win.)

And Queensland has now got a small outbreak.

The boys must feel a bit like Indiana Jones escaping a cascade of calamities, near-misses and booby traps as he emerges after raiding another ancient temple. Adelaide Oval on this occasion.

Hopefully they arrive back in Perth tomorrow just a few hours before SA announces a lockdown.

1631336976618.png

Best of luck tonight Doggies supporters.

I'll be honest I'm on the Dees for the flag simply because their supporters have waited so long, and you got a flag recently after just such a long wait, but I would rather see the Dogs in the game than Port.
Once you get in, best of luck.

Last edited:
We smashed you in every single relevant stat that last game. You were lucky to keep it so close bceause we couldn't kick

You went from not being able to kick to not even able to get a kick.

Think twice before coming on to other team boards and talking rubbish next time perhaps.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one, but every time I think this week is a bridge too far, I keep thinking back to 2016 and I realise then that we're in this up to our eyeballs. Historically speaking, there's usually always at least one Preliminary Final each year that goes down to the wire. Prelim Finals are renowned for being the toughest matches to win, and you can guarantee that every single player who takes the field gives their absolute all.

Despite being +14.5 point underdogs, I take comfort knowing that our best this year has proven to be superior to Port Adelaide's best. I also take comfort knowing that we're going to be tough to beat, purely because I know we have a stack of talent, and also because I am extremely confident that every player who takes the field will be giving it their all.

There are also some similarities when comparing our Semi Final win in 2016 to our Semi Final win this year. The similarities being that in both games, we were +9.5 underdogs, we were behind by 11 points at quarter time, and Jack Macrae had a match high 39 disposals.

There could be some more similarities this week in comparison to what occurred in the 2016 Prelim Final. We're playing an interstate opponent on the road. Our Preliminary Final opponent defeated us the previous time we played each other. In 2016, at the beginning of the week we were +16.5 point underdogs, and by bounce time that grew to +20.5 point underdogs. We're currently +14.5 point underdogs, so that could turn out to be very similar.

This week's Preliminary Final will be the fourth Preliminary Final we have played against an interstate team. In the previous three Preliminary Finals we have played against an interstate team (1997, 1998, 2016), the winner has been the away team.

I've also been reflecting on Port Adelaide's recent Preliminary Final heartaches, in addition to their finals history, and I see similarities to what we have endured.

The first time we made a Grand Final (1954), we were victorious. The first time Port made a Grand Final (2004), they were victorious.
The second time we made a Grand Final (1961), we lost. The second time Port made a Grand Final (2007), they lost.

Between 1985 and 2010, the Bulldogs lost all seven Preliminary Finals they played. Three of them (1985, 1997, 2009) went right down to the wire. While Port Adelaide haven't quite (yet) endured the same Preliminary Final heartache, they COULD be on their way. Their two most recent Preliminary Finals (2014 & 2020) saw them lose by three and six points respectively. We can relate to heartbreaking, narrow Prelim Final losses.
You can now add to this narrative by comparing our narrow and comprehensive home Prelim Final losses of '97 & '98 to what Port have endured in 2020 and 2021.

1998:
The fifth placed Crows demolish the second placed Dogs to go through to the Grand Final against the the minor premiers.

2021:
The fifth placed Doggies demolish the second placed Power to go through to the Grand Final against the the minor premiers.

Back