Preview Changes for The Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

No Shep is devestating. He's the key player in that defence that allows others to play loose. Hasn't missed a game since 2014 :(

I guess Schoey comes in but then we're a little tall down there.
Yep.

I watched Simmo's presser. A journo asked if losing Shep meant we had reached critical mass of missing players (Gaff, NN, now Shep). Simmo literally scoffed and said No. That was his entire response. Dismissive. Arrogant. So obviously he's not worried so much.

I am though.

Yep.

I watched Simmo's presser. A journo asked if losing Shep meant we had reached critical mass of missing players (Gaff, NN, now Shep). Simmo literally scoffed and said No. That was his entire response. Dismissive. Arrogant. So obviously he's not worried so much.

I am though.

Surprising. I expected him to say “yes, we are ****ed, might as well forfeit”

Id suggest it depends on the opponent. I might be wrong but it seems hawks forwards play taller. Maybe vs melb itll be allen or nelson. Vs hawks might be schofield.

Yep.

I am though.
Honestly that was a dumb question. How would the other 41 players in the squad feel if he did anything other than scoff? Yes, they are three bloody good players, but if a team can't handle three outs in finals they don't deserve to be there.

And before anyone gives me comparisons of "what if Richmond lost Dusty, Rance and Riewoldt", we lost two of our players well before finals started and have had time to adjust. If Richmond lost those players throughout the year I'm sure they would have found others to fill the void. Yes, they might not be as dominant, but they'd still cope and would certainly not use it as an excuse for failure.

Teams have 44 listed players for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty easy call Schoey in for Shepp. He is tall but agile. Nelson is out of form and only has his size going for him. Cole can cover that deep small forward. Schoey was in great form we can adjust for an extra tall defender.

I liked Yeos interview after the game, not naming Sheps replacement, good team stuff buddy.

Seems a bit introverted when interviewed, which is fine, does the business on the park.

Gov is quite refreshing to hear from in interviews at times.

Sheppard is quite positive reckons will be right in a couple of weeks according to Chairman Russell Gibbs who he spoke to after the game . :rainbow::moustache:

I reckon it could be worse though , as he was pushed as Sheppard soccered the ball so hoping just a strain ......ps don't know just hoping .

Feel like the two rucks set up was a major liability last night, but also think it might be too late to try anything else. For a coaching committee that has played this season remarkably well, I think it was a huge oversight to not try it out at least once this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back