Preview Changes for the Qualifying Final - Sydney on Friday night at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like it'll be Sydney, but unsure where at this stage.

I've generally liked JJ's season but we seemed to cover the wing well today with Harmes spending time there.

Salem should come back in, but I think Bowey needs to hold his spot - looked good after a spell in the twos.

Spargo was pretty average again, but not noticeably bad, and I think we need him in as he's our best F50 user.

Last edited:

Interesting to see how it plays out now. It looks like if Sydney win we play Sydney at the G unless they do a number on the saints and win by 50+. Then we will play them at the SCG. If they lose and Collingwood win then it’s Collingwood at the MCG.

Now I am not sure what goes through the minds of these players, but the difference in approach between Collingwood a fortnight ago and Brisbane last night was pretty stark. I sincerely hope that consistency remains. This is the first time all year I’ve thought Melbourne are genuine flag threats after watching that game last night.

We've all seen how T-Mac tends to look coming back from injury.

If we move the ball the way we did last night, going smaller up forward shouldn't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’d be taking an underdone bloke into finals. Brown was really good last night. Really good. Was incredibly surprised.
He's been OK since he came back in (3 matches). A couple of weeks back Brown was deliberately flat palming the high ball to front and centre.

Brown's taking the ball at its highest; just as Gawn did last night. Last week he was looking good with his approach to the footy.
Last night he was very good, but the Lions were shell shocked after the 1st Qtr.

Last edited:
Melk didn't do anything special but it's amazing how he's breaking the odd tackle and keeping his feet. Like he's 2 years younger.
I feel better with him out there in some form. he’s still the best brain we have in finding the best option inside 50

Yep. He's Spargo + marking and scoring and can kick it twice as far off both pegs
Lovely kick.

I also love a redemption story - most here (guilty) had him written off as cooked. Great to see him back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back