Preview Changes for the SF v Brisbane: Friday 9 September, MCG, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

despite the flag, I think the Goodwin naysayers are now able to start questioning the coach again. Poor game plan, poor on game day, poor at selection, excellent playing list.
Just the 46 straight rounds of top 4. No biggie.

Just the 46 straight rounds of top 4. No biggie.
My 'why?' questions on Goodwin are these:

• Playing our 6 time AA ruckman who can't kick straight in the forward line for long stretches.
  • Bombing it to the pocket all season long when we're struggling/need to kick goals.
  • Ben Brown not being dropped poses big question marks for Goodwin.
  • Going after Grundy also poses big question marks on Goodwin. It shows he doesn't understand the real issues.
  • Losing centre clearance far too often.
  • Our last quarters have been awful this year. Losing many matches after leading at 3/4 time. So fitness can now also be questioned.
  • Our inability to establish a defensive zone after a behind has cost us all season long.
  • Our inability to generate scores from a kick out with May going long left every time also need to be questioned.
  • Rolling an extra man into the stoppage conceding the opponents a spare man in defence has also not worked.
  • Inability to get players to hit up targets inside 50m and lower their eyes.
The one thing that hasn't wavered is the players intensity levels and effort. That's a major tick for Goodwin.

if they lose we need to bring back the old boo send off... so much home ground noise!

Melbourne-Demons-face-an-angry-crowd-755x515.jpg
* whoever booed them off and * Essendon, rubbish bin club, but damn, that is an incredible photo, grim times, glad I missed this one.

My 'why?' questions on Goodwin are these:

• Playing our 6 time AA ruckman who can't kick straight in the forward line for long stretches.

What do you want our 6 time AA ruckman to do when he's not rucking? Sit on the bench or play back pocket?
Of course he's going to play forward at times.

He's kicked 13.14 for the year, significantly better total than permanent forwards ANB with 7.16 and Spargo 10.11

IMO he's also the only tall forward we have who regularly leads at the ball carrier.

Absolute myth IMO that he spends too much time forward or that his kicking is so bad he should never play forward. It's not his fault our game plan is to kick to the boundary and sit it on our talls heads.

* whoever booed them off and * Essendon, rubbish bin club, but damn, that is an incredible photo, grim times, glad I missed this one.

Just a lot of entitled private school toffs

When you're trying to embrace the veil of negativity but Daniher is a late out but Daniher is usually terrible in big games but this might mean the Barometer who is also terrible plays but the Lions are going to start $4...

View attachment 1503453
This is where I'm at.

One of the strangest feelings building up to this game - almost completely forgot we are playing in a final tonight.

I guess this is what being a good club feels like? Expectation is a funny thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where I'm at.

One of the strangest feelings building up to this game - almost completely forgot we are playing in a final tonight.

I guess this is what being a good club feels like? Expectation is a funny thing

I think it's because nothing good can happen tonight. If we win, so we bloody should have. If we win by 100, still not going to change our chances next week.

If we lose we've had a total failure of a season

I think it's because nothing good can happen tonight. If we win, so we bloody should have. If we win by 100, still not going to change our chances next week.

If we lose we've had a total failure of a season
That's true

Also it might be that losing tonight gives us the best chance of winning a flag (ironically)

Because I think we're off the pace this year and losing tonight might get us to revitalise the gameplan/list a bit more than what we would have.

Please excuse my intrusion.

Good luck against Brisbane tonight. I think most of the AFL supporters in Australia find it hard to think well of Brisbane with their fake tough guy game that they struggle to back up.

And then there is Zorco? If you are there at the game please let that horrible tosser know what an idiot he is.

Good luck Demons.

That's true

Also it might be that losing tonight gives us the best chance of winning a flag (ironically)

Because I think we're off the pace this year and losing tonight might get us to revitalise the gameplan/list a bit more than what we would have.
Exactly, it’s likely we’ll win but either way Brisbane are miles off Sydney and Geelong at this point.

We need to stop pretending like last weeks performance is “almost” good enough. Unless we drastically change something or Geelong get another virus the day of the PF it’s just another year of ‘learnings’ for this group.

Could use a better chant than "Mel-bourne clap clap clap". Same one every bloody team in the AFL uses. It's even on that work experience kid facebook ad.

You & me baby ain't nothing but demons so let's do it like they do at Casey Fields

Could use a better chant than "Mel-bourne clap clap clap". Same one every bloody team in the AFL uses. It's even on that work experience kid facebook ad.

You & me baby ain't nothing but demons so let's do it like they do at Casey Fields

Greatest sport on earth... but our supporter chants are pretty lame!

Geeee-long clap clap clap. Boring.

Yeah I was there. Was so awful. I admit I booed them off. It was just a cauldron of self loathing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We all booed them off mate, only softcocks who need their teeth punched in won't admit it, or were too weak to actually go to games when we sucked. Team was weak as piss deserved it. I'll boo them again if I have to. BOO I SAY!

it might be that losing tonight gives us the best chance of winning a flag (ironically)
Hawks, Richmond, Geelong, all dynasty teams who fell short in prelims or grand finals. I’d like to think a loss would bring change or motivation to improve.

At least that’s what I’ve been telling myself for the last few months.

Hawks, Richmond, Geelong, all dynasty teams who fell short in prelims or grand finals. I’d like to think a loss would bring change or motivation to improve.

At least that’s what I’ve been telling myself for the last few months.
Goody stubbornly refused to change anything this year whilst other teams have gone past us. A loss will be the kick up the bum he needs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back