Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In Wood Lipinski/Dale
Out Toby, Suckling

No use calling for Gardner and Roarke to be dropped Bevo loves them. I got nothing against Gardner anyone that plays AFL has talent. However in all my time watching the dogs he would be one of least skilled players I have seen I am sure he is a great bloke and tries hard but we need more than this.

In Wood Lipinski/Dale
Out Toby, Suckling

No use calling for Gardner and Roarke to be dropped Bevo loves them. I got nothing against Gardner anyone that plays AFL has talent. However in all my time watching the dogs he would be one of least skilled players I have seen I am sure he is a great bloke and tries hard but we need more than this.
Agree. Wood for Suckling. Dale for Toby. Need to continue to build the forward line so Dale gets the nod over Lipinski. That would be a strong side.

Out: McLean, Suckling (just doesn't offer much anymore, struggling towards the end of his final season?)
In: Lipinski, Wood.
Changes seem logical to me but I'm not Bev.
Another forward would be handy but are there any with decent form?🤔

Out: McLean, Suckling
In: Cavarra, Dale

If we are going to play a flaky forward with no defensive pressure, I’d prefer it to be Dale. Cavarra needs to come in and for pressure purposes, as Toby leaves a big hole in that regard.

I honestly don’t know what to do with Wood. If he comes in and a backman isn’t dropped, the team becomes horribly unbalanced considering JJ has already been moved up the ground.

Out: McLean, Suckling (just doesn't offer much anymore, struggling towards the end of his final season?)
In: Lipinski, Wood.
Changes seem logical to me but I'm not Bev.
Another forward would be handy but are there any with decent form?🤔
Lloyd, no.
Schache, not according to Bevo.
Dicko, * no.

Weightman or Cavarra are the only two, and both would be a risk.

Lipinski is similar to Toby in some respects and was probably an unlucky out. Would just go him and Wood. Would personally swap Roarke for Dale but won’t happen.

We can’t have more than 2 of JJ/Suckling/Lipinski/Dale/Hayes in the team, makes us too uncompetitive. Riley would be the one for me. Replaces Toby’s hardness at the ball.

Especially if it is slippery (which it will).

I would also have Lipinski replace McLean.

Wood will probably come back if fit but I think it’d have to be for someone in that back seven. They brought Duryea in but moved JJ up the field out of the defensive group. Unless we are going to move one of them (Keath, Cordy, Gardner, Crozier, Williams, Daniel, Duryea) up the field, I’m not sure how that mix works. Wouldn’t be surprised if Wood stays out this week, going to be one unlucky player regardless.

I would still have Bruce out to be honest. His effort has been much better lately, I’ll give him that, but I don’t think we can continue carry a key forward who has gone goalless in the past four games (and kicked one in the last six).

Who knows what happens with the revolving door of the last forward. Cavarra dropped (harshly I feel) for Dickson who didn’t play well, dropped after one game for Lloyd who didn’t play well, dropped after one game for Suckling who didn’t play well. Probably need to stick with one guy and hope it works from here. Wouldn’t be surprised whatever happens. Could see Dale coming back in but think they’ll back Suckling in.

I would still have Bruce out to be honest. His effort has been much better lately, I’ll give him that, but I don’t think we can continue carry a key forward who has gone goalless in the past four games (and kicked one in the last six).
If Bruce goes out we are back to Dunkley/Macrae rucking. No thanks.

I thought Hunter was fairly quiet by his usual standards, however I just noticed his TOG was 40%?

He was on the field every quarter so it's not like he sat out majority of the second half with an injury.

Seems a bit strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Bruce goes out we are back to Dunkley/Macrae rucking. No thanks.

Or just Schache doing the second rucking, same as last year

I thought Hunter was fairly quiet by his usual standards, however I just noticed his TOG was 40%?

He was on the field every quarter so it's not like he sat out majority of the second half with an injury.

Seems a bit strange.

I’m pretty confident that was just a glitch and he would’ve spent much more time on the ground

With Wood coming back, does that mean Gardner goes out? Or does Daniel move up the ground. I like Daniel maybe up the ground, but still sweeping and distributing the football. Would leave a remarkably solid back seven if we did so, all with the ability to compete aerially:
Gardner, Crozier, Keath, Cordy, Duryea, Wood, Williams

Seems a bit strange.
Could only think it is man management in a game that we were well in control of, otherwise it doesn't make a lot of sense

Out McLean, Suckling, R Smith
in.Lipinski, Dale, Greene.

wont happen but we have too many defenders so Wood cannot come in unless Gardner, Cordy or Keath are dropped. I worry for Cordy and Keath as Ryan is the golden boy. I am really concerned a Gardener Clanger or free kick will costs us sooner than later.

I can see 3 possible changes;

- Lipinski for Maclean. Seems a near certainty. Pat very unlucky not to get a gig this week

- Wood likely to come in if right. I disagree with most that it should be for Suckling. Wood only plays as a core defender and we can't keep chucking defenders forward.

For the sake of team balance, if Wood comes in it could be for one of Cordy, Gardner or Duryea. Tough call but right now if one has to go, I'd probably say Cordy.. I'd prefer to give Wood another week though.

- Suckling was innefcetual and I'd replace him. Think we need a more natural forward. Depending on scratch form I'd be giving a shot to either Cavarra, Greene,Schache or Weightman.

- If anyone shone through midfield/high half forward in the scratch, Roatke does barely enough, coughs it up too often and is replaceable.

He doesn't deserve to be dropped but Gardiner comes out for me (purely due to slippery conditions).

Ins
Wood, Cavarra, Dale

Outs
Gardiner, Suckling, McLean

R.Smith once again will survive.
Its not Darwin or at night.So unless it rains It should be a dry September afternoon in Cairns.

It was a frustration, then a joke and now it's just accepted that Bevo will pick Gardner and Roarke without basis.
Both are probably great fellas, but both are going to hurt the side if they play in a final. Roarke goes to ground at every contest, and his disposal for someone in his 6th season on AFL list is atrocious. Gardner still has time and has atleast shown some glimpses, but Lewis Young showed more when he was up and about. The article in the HUN Sunday where he said he did everything right against Hipwood is a massive concern, I'm all for taking positives out of a game, but he would be better challenging himself that he got thumped.

Changes that should happen:

In: Dale, Lipinski, L.Young
Out: Roarke, Gardner, McLean

What Bevo will do:
In: Wood (too soon)
Out: Mclean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back