Opinion Changes GWS V Bulldogs Saturday 18/6/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes I wonder what you're optimistic about OD?

And sometimes I just wonder.

I agree with at least 3 of those btw. But I'm in the "half glass" is neither empty nor full camp.
You wouldn’t make a good Governor of the Reserve Bank then.
1654645414250.jpeg

Yes and No

He’s been dropped many times after 1 game in the seniors when he came in after a decent spell in the VFL. No time to adjust
Josh Schache has only been dropped after one game twice, once was this year.

Don't think there will be many changes.

Smith obviously out and I'm hoping he gets replaced by a tall, got more than enough midfielders in the team already. Would be surprised if Khamis stays in after a few quiet weeks. Would prefer us to play two rucks but don't think its happening, hope JUH gets a few more games while Bruce is out (not sure he'll get any games when Bruce and Naughton partner up again) and Schache could come in to play the second ruck role. Need to give Naughton some help up there, was pretty much battling against the entire back six last week. Crozier keeps getting big numbers in the VFL as well and must be a chance.

Out: Smith, Khamis
In: Schache, Ugle-Hagan

B: O'Brien, Keath, Duryea
HB: Dale, Gardner, Daniel

R: English, Dunkley, Bontempelli
C: Williams, Macrae, Scott

HF: Treloar, Schache, West
F: McNeil, Naughton, Weightman

I: Richards, Liberatore, McComb, Ugle-Hagan

Maybe, but he's had plenty of chances over the journey. Hell he was given a golden opportunity in round 1 and had an absolute stinker. It's not like he's been dominating vfl consistently either.

I still hold hope but it's definitely not the coaches who are to blame for him not making it thus far.

Cordy had an even worst stinker that night and held his spot, at least Schache got to contests, just stuffed them up that night. Shache is a confidence player and needs a run at it. No star, has deficiencies and positives but is just as good as Cordy and close to Gardiner in my opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Smith out and JJ to replace on a wing assuming Hunter not fit enough.
Buku sadly out as looked a bit lost past 2 weeks and Schache in. I’d prefer Sweet in to ruck so Timmy can roam around and help out in forward line but can’t see Bevo loss mg some mobility.
Duryea or Williams out for Crozier but leaning towards the former as had a stinker last week.

Buku sadly out as looked a bit lost past 2 weeks and Schache in. I’d prefer Sweet in to ruck so Timmy can roam around and help out in forward line but can’t see Bevo loss mg some mobility.
Duryea or Williams out for Crozier but leaning towards the former as had a stinker last week.
JJ was still in restricted minutes in the vfl. I suspect he’ll need get through a full game before being considered.

Cordy had an even worst stinker that night and held his spot, at least Schache got to contests, just stuffed them up that night. Shache is a confidence player and needs a run at it. No star, has deficiencies and positives but is just as good as Cordy and close to Gardiner in my opinion.
Spot on. If Schache had Bev giving him a game each week regardless of form to build confidence (like he has done with Gardiner from day 1), we wouldn't see Gardiner again. Could easily take his place as third tall and has footy smarts, without the deficiencies of Gardiner.

Plays like he is about to be dropped and usually is the first one out.

Should move on for his own sake at year end if he can find somewhere else to play. Going nowhere here with current coach.

Spot on. If Schache had Bev giving him a game each week regardless of form to build confidence (like he has done with Gardiner from day 1), we wouldn't see Gardiner again. Could easily take his place as third tall and has footy smarts, without the deficiencies of Gardiner.

Should move on for his own sake at year end if he can find somewhere else to play. Going nowhere here with current coach.
Look at how Gardner did his shoulders both times last season and tell me you think Schache would ever do that on a footy field. I like Schache, but let's not pretend he also doesn't have some huge deficiencies in his game.

Lachie will have kept himself fit, straight back in. We can't muck around from now on.

Then there is the situations where Schache has been overlooked for Zaine Cordy, they are not in the same postcode for ability, I agree Schache has to work on his intensity, Cordy will never win you anything, look at last year, out for the first 5 games, we won them all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then there is the situations where Schache has been overlooked for Zaine Cordy, they are not in the same postcode for ability, I agree Schache has to work on his intensity, Cordy will never win you anything, look at last year, out for the first 5 games, we won them all.
Just reading Kane Cornes, re Lewis Young, he gets a game most weeks, for a top 4 side, and bulldogs let him go, and retained Gardner and Cordy, go figure

Just reading Kane Cornes, re Lewis Young, he gets a game most weeks, for a top 4 side, and bulldogs let him go, and retained Gardner and Cordy, go figure
He gets games because he’s depth in an area where Carlton have injuries.

We struggled in that area when he was on the list. He's not a great player mate.

Good smart pick up by the Blues IMO

Good age, Good size, coming to around 40 games and settled in one position which will do him good and came cheap.

Has the smell of Liam Jones # 2

Good smart pick up by the Blues IMO

Good age, Good size, coming to around 40 games and settled in one position which will do him good and came cheap.

Has the smell of Liam Jones # 2
You realise we got Caleb Daniel from that deal right?

You realise we got Caleb Daniel from that deal right?

I meant Lewis Young was a good get by Blues and was cheap for them.

The comment regarding Young and Jones was more about both came to the club as forwards and were similar age, size, games played etc and both found themselves at Carlton as defenders.

We have had Lake, Adams, Jones and Young leave the club (yes variety of reasons) as possible KPD.

I don't see it as Jones situation. Jones was an U15 all australian full back, it's quite bizarre he was never given a proper go back there. I thought it was horribly bad coaching.

Young was poorly handled, but he was given a decent go certainly early on and I don't really see him as much of a loss to be honest. A lot of his marks on the weekend were as a loose defender or due to poor delivery from watching his highlights. Against better teams I think he will struggle, he hasn't been good one on one looking at his numbers this year. Even on the weekend, he lost 3 of his 4 one on ones. When put under pressure, he's not a great kick also.

Would have considered dripping Duryea but he is a good match up on stinky Greene. Crozier deserves a spot though and would have him for Scott.

Hard to read GWS form playing North but did seem to get some run back and Himmelberg back is working really well for them. Hayes was good in the two so can’t imagine leaving him there too long. Tom in the midfield has been the good news story for them for the year - he is looking great and the size fills a need for them.

With the break JJ should be ready. So him for Smith is probably pretty easy.

GWS don’t have a dominant ruck duo - wouldn’t be surprised if they picked Preuss to try and beat up Chilli and slow him down but a big risk he will eat you around the ground. Don’t think Sweet gets a game.

Have to pick Schache or JUH - Khamis was looking super dangerous but has had trouble getting a look in. Impact is seeing Naughton get swamped - brought back Chris Grant memories - when that was all we had. We should go three talls - even though it seems Bevo is looking to try and lock the ball in and want speed. It isn’t really working. Hannan is due back also. I would like to see:

Weightman JUH Schache
West Naughton Daniel.

So McComb and Khamis for JUH and Schache. Winner gets to stay when Juice is back.

Daniel is all class and having him kicking into the forward line would be a potential game changer. I like McNeil but Daniel is a star and will find a way to open up the game for JUH and Schache

García will be fit but will need a few weeks so unlikely and Hunter will need to finish whatever his program has him doing. May come in.

Lose and season over
Win and we need continuity .
In Hunter JJ . Schache JUH
Out Scott McNeil Mcomb And unfortunately our best player this year in Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back