Opinion Changes GWS V Bulldogs Saturday 18/6/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see what I think is a better forward structure. I'd rather keep the 3 talls there all game than sacrifice one to the ruck.

2nd ruck is the most useless position going around, has little to no bearing on the game. Rather put Dunks or O'Brien in there than Schache. Keep the forward structure solid.
Until you need to rest Tim English, and then put a Cordy or Khamis up against a competent second ruck, like Khamis up against Blicavs in the last game we played. Then it has a fairly significant bearing on the game, when you're trying to get back from a 6 goal deficit.

I've got a feeling Naughton will play back this week

giphy.gif

You really enjoy going on various rants with no substance don't you. The height isn't the issue it's the body weight and how they move around the ground and their overall athleticism. Fritsch is 84kg KPP i.e the ones we have named are mid 90s+. Buku is 10cm and 7kg lighter then Jamarra and is once again a medium, He has an insane vertical leap hence they tried him as a key and 2nd ruck.
What use is their overall athleticism or body weight if they don’t offer a ground level presence, or defensive pressure lmao? That’s the only reason you’d want an extra small over an extra tall is it not?

Fritsch plays like a 3rd tall who offers less defensive pressure than our two tall forwards in Naughty & Jamarra - who gives a * about his body weight. What’s your point here - I was asked to provide examples of teams that structure up with 3 talls in the forward line and 2 rucks - that’s exactly what I did

Arguments without consensus are a waste of time. Should have just ended with disagreeing that playing Sweet would improve structure … substance schmub-stance.

I wish I knew of this construct back in 2008/2009. I would have stopped complaining about how we didn’t have a key forward and realised that Brad Johnson WAS a “front-half tall” (who was just small)
That’s the best youve got?

You do realise I was stating an opinion, which you proceeded to call out - which I then elaborated on so you obviously you resort to bs because you’ve got nothing else lmao.

Yes each team has a range of different players of all shapes and sizes that play different roles - crazy

I've got a feeling Naughton will play back this week

Naughton's missed one game in the past 18 months. It was against the Swans last year in which he missed due to concussion protocols.

Its the worst I've ever seen our forward line function. Our tall forwards that day Bruce/JUH/Young kicked 2 goals between them and one of those was the softest free you will ever see.

Never again.

Great article in the age released about 10 mins ago. Simon Beasley says the solution is to get the calvary around Aaron, and don't take him out of the forward line.

Lachie McNeil flying up with the team.
Thought McNeil was stiff tbh - McComb was better last week but McNeils had him covered for the past month or so quite easily imo I think he should have been given the nod.

Either way Baz & Hunter hopefully in for McComb & Scott in a couple of weeks would be great changes

That’s the best youve got?

You do realise I was stating an opinion, which you proceeded to call out - which I then elaborated on so you obviously you resort to bs because you’ve got nothing else lmao.

Yes each team has a range of different players of all shapes and sizes that play different roles - crazy
Sorry I missed a couple of words in my response. I needed to say it’s a waste of time without consensus on what terms mean.

How can we debate how many “talls” we should be playing when 195cm Aaron Naughton is barely a tall and 201cm Josh Schache isn’t a tall but somehow 188cm Tim Membrey and Bayley Fritsch are talls?

Is Cody Weightman small because he applies pressure or a tall because he’s good overhead? Maybe he’s both or none?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought McNeil was stiff tbh - McComb was better last week but McNeils had him covered for the past month or so quite easily imo I think he should have been given the nod.

Either way Baz & Hunter hopefully in for McComb & Scott in a couple of weeks would be great changes
Baz will be out for four matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back