May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Outs McComb, McNeill, Scott, Kharmis Omitted Smith suspended

Ins JJ, Crozier, Wallis, Schache, Bebendo
Sometimes I wonder what you're optimistic about OD?

And sometimes I just wonder.

I agree with at least 3 of those btw. But I'm in the "half glass" is neither empty nor full camp.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sometimes I wonder what you're optimistic about OD?

And sometimes I just wonder.

I agree with at least 3 of those btw. But I'm in the "half glass" is neither empty nor full camp.

Yeap Do sway a bit like the team. I believe our best is pretty good so when I see it I am optimistic but have not seen our best very often this season. I chose my username in 2014 after the Griffin and McCartney crisis. I was optimistic because I hated "Crack In McCartney" and thought we would be a lot better under a decent coach. Bingo a flag against all odds in 2016. I think Bevo is a flawed genius and just cannot understand some of his selections. However even though I am up down with Bevo's game plan and selections would I want another coach, The answer is NO.

Jezdog

Rookie
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Crozier, Wallis, shache in
Duyrea, Scott, mccomb out
Dureya hasn’t been as good this year. Crozier takes his spot. Shache plays fwd until Bruce returns. We’re playing too short in the fwd line. And he can pinch hit in the ruck. Keeping mcneil over Scott, just looks more likely to kick a goal fwd, and provides good fwd pressure.
Not sure why people want khamis dropped, he’s being asked to play as second key tall, and ruck, actually think he plays more like a medium to small fwd. watch him improve when he’s the third tall.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Crozier, Wallis, shache in
Duyrea, Scott, mccomb out
Dureya hasn’t been as good this year. Crozier takes his spot. Shache plays fwd until Bruce returns. We’re playing too short in the fwd line. And he can pinch hit in the ruck. Keeping mcneil over Scott, just looks more likely to kick a goal fwd, and provides good fwd pressure.
Not sure why people want khamis dropped, he’s being asked to play as second key tall, and ruck, actually think he plays more like a medium to small fwd. watch him improve when he’s the third tall.
Yeah I dunno what we’re doing playing Buku as a tall forward, pretty crazy when he’s quite clearly a 3rd/4th tall at the most - he’d perform a lot lot better with some proper support

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
In: Schache, JJ, Wallis
Out: McComb, Smith, Buku

Wallis back to his old stay at home forward role until Bruce is right to come back.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Give it 1 more game before making wholesale changes AKA "playing the kids". But I am reminded of Brad Scott's final years, refusing to get games into the future talent and instead stubbornly trying to limp into finals. If we do that I'll spew.

Outs
Mccomb, Khamis, Smith

Ins
Sweet, Schache, Bedendo
Sweet sighting!

monday john GIF

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sounds like the form he was in in 2017. 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 which means Bev will give him a game over other players that can actually play and contribute to the team.
Yeah that 1 vote he was off of winning a BNF in 2017 was shocking!

What do you have against this bloke 😂 embarrassing

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quite a few calls for Khamis to go. I am still unsure which way to go if I was the MC. Before the last two games I thought Khamis showed plenty and was well worth getting games into. But the last two weeks he was ordinary and looked to me ( admittedly via my tv) like his confidence was really shot. I have been disappointed when young players are only given one or two games then dropped and would like to see him given an extended go but it is hard to justify.

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Naughton needs help, we need to get taller in the front half. Daniel also too small down back, so maybe a shift to the wing? Some extra height at both ends should allow us to remove a large weakness from our game, aerially. I dont know how many times I see us bail out down the wing and we simply have no target, or we have Naughton and he is getting double or triple teamed. And vice versa, when the other team comes down the line we have no options to impact the contest.
Need to make sure our smalls then are actually impactful, need to be quick or a good kick and be able to cause other side some headaches. Sub also needs to be a tall in case a key cog goes down.

IN Cleary, Sweet, Schache, Ugle-Hagan, Johannisen, Cordy (sub)
OUT Khamis, McComb, McNeil, Scott, B Smith

FB Luke Cleary, Alex Keath, Tim O'Brien
HB Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Bailey Dale
C Bailey Williams, Marcus Bontempelli, Caleb Daniel
HF Rhylee West, Josh Schache, Jason Johannisen
FF Cody Weightman, Aaron Naughton, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
FOL Tim English, Jack Macrae, Tom Liberatore
INT Taylor Duryea, Jordon Sweet, Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar
SUB Zaine Cordy

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quite a few calls for Khamis to go. I am still unsure which way to go if I was the MC. Before the last two games I thought Khamis showed plenty and was well worth getting games into. But the last two weeks he was ordinary and looked to me ( admittedly via my tv) like his confidence was really shot. I have been disappointed when young players are only given one or two games then dropped and would like to see him given an extended go but it is hard to justify.

He’s had 4 games on the trot. The last two of which haven’t been great.

It’s a good run. No issue going back and working to pick up form for another crack.

I'd be very surprised if McComb was dropped, he won a couple of big contests when the team was down early on in the game and had the equal most goal assists (2) on the ground from both teams.

McNeil might just hang on as well, he still kicked a goal and was very good as a pressure forward the previous 2 weeks, it takes a true shocker for our match committee to drop a player after one poor performance, and I don't see a replacement knocking the door down in the twos. Khamis could be in the gun with Schache playing well in the vfl.

I'd expect something like this TBH:

Out: Smith, Khamis
In: Schache, Wallis

adam10

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2008
melb
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not even going to try suggest changes to the side.

We will probably try to go smaller I'd presume? Almost no way we aim for a balanced structure.

scooter600x

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2003
Behind the goals, Geelong Rd end
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It was notable at the game that we simply refuse to kick to Khamis. One glaring one where we went wide to the boundary inside 50 when Khamis was wide open inside.

If we're not going to use him there's no point in playing him.

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Changes have to include personal AND strategy:
In:
Second ruck and some tall forwards.
Out:
Hesitation about kicking forward. Whipping boys.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think eventually Kharmis becomes our Easton Wood interceptor. At the present I would put him back in VFL to learn his craft in this role. He needs to develop his tank and learn the role. I think he will be excellent in this important role but not until next season

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think eventually Kharmis becomes our Easton Wood interceptor. At the present I would put him back in VFL to learn his craft in this role. He needs to develop his tank and learn the role. I think he will be excellent in this important role but not until next season
He's nearly had 4 years (off the top of my head) to build a tank. Is he an unlucky player that may have reached his full level already?

Devil's advocate.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He's nearly had 4 years (off the top of my head) to build a tank. Is he an unlucky player that may have reached his full level already?

Devil's advocate.
I agree, I keep seeing ‘when he builds his tank’. He has had 4 AFL pre-seasons. Some players have a genetic limit to their aerobic capacity and I can’t see it tangibly improving after so many seasons. It’s more or less at its limit now.

Back