Preview Changes: Preliminary Final - IN: Sloane, Otten, Melts OUT: Smith, McGovern

Assuming McGovern misses through injury, who should come in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going against the grain here.

The coaches won't want to enable Geelong to allow one of Henderson, Lonergan, Mackie or Stewart to sit free and unaccountable picking off our forays forward. Adding Otten means that they have to match up on Tex, JJ, Lynch and Otten.

I'm happy if they go with Otto
Make them worry about our pace & ball movement.

If we get worried about what the Cats are doing, then we are playing into their hands.

We played our worse football this year when we played 1 too many immobile talls. Pretty sure the coaching staff learnt their lesson.

Last edited:

Tell me why the club hasn't come out and RULED Gov out?

They are hoping the strain is that minor he can play.

Odds are we'll give him until the last possible fitness test (1-2hrs before the game) to be passed fit.

Wouldn't be surprised if they named him tomorrow.

100% they'll name him tomorrow.

We have until Friday sometime to withdraw him, may as well use all the time available.

How do we think Menzel would go playing primarily forward in Gov's position? Isn't it his best position? In the games he did play at the senior level for us, I think he was more midfield/HFF, hence out of his comfort zone?

How do we think Menzel would go playing primarily forward in Gov's position? Isn't it his best position? In the games he did play at the senior level for us, I think he was more midfield/HFF, hence out of his comfort zone?

I think it more how his defensive pressure would be and of late in the sanfl has been very good. He's certainly in the mix by all accounts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thing is, out of the players being touted for Govs spot, im confident they can compliment the team and not be more of the same or vanilla. They all have a little bit of x-factor. Reckon Junior could step up in finals. Wouldn't be opposed to Menzel or Hampton either. Don't think we should go tall but if so Keathy over Otten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The options could vary Milera could come in and Greenwood could go forward to replace Gov.

Personally if it was like for like you would clearly go Menzel

Otten only comes in to replace Tex or JJ in the forward line or maybe Lynch

But my changes would be

Hampton in to replace Greenwood in the guts and Greenwood goes forward to replace Gov, he cut up the bays up forward last year and has some good size and speed

Sloane for Smith

The options could vary Milera could come in and Greenwood could go forward to replace Gov.

Personally if it was like for like you would clearly go Menzel

Otten only comes in to replace Tex or JJ in the forward line or maybe Lynch

But my changes would be

Hampton in to replace Greenwood in the guts and Greenwood goes forward to replace Gov, he cut up the bays up forward last year and has some good size and speed

Sloane for Smith
Which smart poster gave you that suggestion? ;)

I would not write of Milera,
First, we need to remember that his SANFL finals games were the ones that propelled him into 1st round selection in his Draft year.
He is one Player that has proven thru out his playing history that he can play in big Games.

In saying that I would still go with Menzel if McGovern does not Play.

I would not write of Milera,
First, we need to remember that his SANFL finals games were the ones that propelled him into 1st round selection in his Draft year.
He is one Player that has proven thru out his playing history that he can play in big Games.

In saying that I would still go with Menzel if McGovern does not Play.

No ones writing him off but is he ready to apply the pressure needed at the next level up from the SANFL

No ones writing him off but is he ready to apply the pressure needed at the next level up from the SANFL
Must be as they did name him Emergency last game against GWS.
But he is one of those players who enjoy playing in pressure games. And his pressure acts are not as bad as people think. My biggest issue with him is he does not get his hand on the ball enough, But re Pressure acts he up there with some of the better ones at the Crows.
Need to remember McGovern is noted for his pressure acts but how many people actually and can honestly say they see them.

Back