Prediction Changes Melb v WB 16:35 Sat 14 July

Remove this Banner Ad

So Bont out, Naughts out, Biggs out, Macrae in, Roughhead in, Honeychurch in for mine
Yep, faithful whipping boy Mitch Honeychurch will bravely front up and take the blame for the loss. He's used to it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we must be getting down to crisis levels with available players :(.

Yep, faithful whipping boy Mitch Honeychurch will bravely front up and take the blame for the loss. He's used to it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, we must be getting down to crisis levels with available players :(.
Available mids if Macrae isn't fit: Honeychurch, Porter (who has either tagged or played forward some games at VFL anyway).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Macrae, English, Webb (if fit)
OUT: Bont, Naughton, Trengove

FB: Lynch, Adams, Morris
HB: Johannisen, Cordy, Crozier
C: Hunter, Dunkley, Lipinski
HF: Webb, Schache, Richards
FF: Dahlhaus, Boyd, Gowers
FOL: English, Macrae, McLean
INT: Daniel, R. Smith, Wallis, Biggs

Wish Williams wasn’t out for six as well as he’d be straight in for Biggs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Macrae, Naughton and Gowers are good to go,
In - Macrae, Roughead.
Out- Biggs, Bontempelli.
Worst case scenario except Jacko who I think will be ok,
In - Macrae, Roughead, Young.
Out- Bont, Naughton, Gowers.
I think if Naughton doesn't play it would be good to get Young back into team for another taste.
Rough or Campbell have to play surely against Gawn. Can Campbell keep up around ground. Gone with Rough just.

Out: Naughton, Bont, Trengove

In: Macrae, English, Greene

Drop Trengove and put Cordy back where he belongs. Schache and Boyd forward with Boyd playing 30% ruck time. Greene up forward. If Naughts is available then send him to the backline, drop Biggs and play Greene and Cordy forward.

Calls for English to take over the ruck are a bit premature IMO. He's not yet a dominant tap ruckman and he'd be up against Gawn this week. It sounds like he wasn't even played as the main ruckman in the VFL last week. Boyd, Trengove, Campbell or Roughead would all be better options to match up with Gawn, especially if we are being careful with English's workloads.

By all means bring him in as a tall mobile midfielder who takes the occasional throw-in but I don't think he's ready to tackle the likes of Gawn yet.

Calls for English to take over the ruck are a bit premature IMO. He's not yet a dominant tap ruckman and he'd be up against Gawn this week. It sounds like he wasn't even played as the main ruckman in the VFL last week. Boyd, Trengove, Campbell or Roughead would all be better options to match up with Gawn, especially if we are being careful with English's workloads.

By all means bring him in as a tall mobile midfielder who takes the occasional throw-in but I don't think he's ready to tackle the likes of Gawn yet.

I'm sure that English will be dominated by Gawn but he's the future as far as our ruck division is concerned so I'd be trying to get as many games into him as possible. We are practically zero chance of winning this so I'd like to see English played over guys who probably won't be on the list in one or two years. I actually thought his games at AFL level were quite good and considering every ruck on our list gets dominated in tap work then we might as well play the one who gives us the most around the ground which in my mind is English by miles. The more he plays the more chance he has to build synergy with our mids which will be vital. Given that Bevo likes having Dunkley tagging gun mids to learn their craft I think that coming up against arguably the best ruck in the game would be beneficial to English as far as his development is concerned.

I'm sure that English will be dominated by Gawn but he's the future as far as our ruck division is concerned so I'd be trying to get as many games into him as possible. We are practically zero chance of winning this so I'd like to see English played over guys who probably won't be on the list in one or two years. I actually thought his games at AFL level were quite good and considering every ruck on our list gets dominated in tap work then we might as well play the one who gives us the most around the ground which in my mind is English by miles. The more he plays the more chance he has to build synergy with our mids which will be vital. Given that Bevo likes having Dunkley tagging gun mids to learn their craft I think that coming up against arguably the best ruck in the game would be beneficial to English as far as his development is concerned.
Precisely. Plus English can learn from the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back