Preview Changes / Pre-game Discussion for Rd 9 (Dons in Vic)

Remove this Banner Ad

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Freddy for Western surely?

If Switta is ready then Crowden is the obvious choice to make way for him.

Hopefully Ryan is available to replace Conca.

I would keep Crowden, thought he was good.
Ryan, and who ever is fit to replace
Acres, Frederick, Schulz
I probably got on the Schultz train a little bit earlier than you (after also not thinking there was much there) and I’ll get off a little later. My biggest concern with him now is that he appears to be a down hill skier, doesn’t contribute when the team is down.

I think it’s one of the reasons I’ve rated Switta higher always, dude ALWAYS gives something, regardless of how the team is going, hell, I’d bank on him to get the team up when they are down.

I wouldn’t mind if Schultz was dropped but not sure if Crowden should be safe ahead of him given his average output the last month

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Bewley is too good not to be given a look in, I feel he'd add a bit of poise we're missing in the middle.

Treacy must play. Obviously Cerra, Switta and Ryan if fit.

Wonder where Pearce is at.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I think Bewley is too good not to be given a look in, I feel he'd add a bit of poise we're missing in the middle.

Treacy must play. Obviously Cerra, Switta and Ryan if fit.

Wonder where Pearce is at.
They want Pearce to play wafl for a couple of weeks ideally, but he is ready next week and it is a bye week

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
The bloody sad thing is if Freo had their best 22, came in this game with good form and had a positive mindset, we would beat Essendon easily this week.

We will put up a fight and lose by 3-4 goals to them

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Out: Freddy (inj), Duman (omit)
In: Cerra, Ryan

Even with Freddy out we still go in with Walters, Colyer, Crowden, Henry, Taberner and Lobb. I think I'd rather take the extra midfielder in at Marvel and just pick the 6 forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Need JLo to respond. Players just not turning up or going out. It’s just the same same
Out: Acres, Lobb, Frederick (inj), Crowden, Schulz
In: Treacy, Meek, Giro, Switter, Cerra and Ryan

Lobb isn’t going to progress anymore then he has. He’s comfortable. Relaxed. Ever since Treacy has gone out, the forward line is just Tabs. Fredrick has been poor, Schulz has disappeared.
Why not try Meek/Darcy and Tabs/Treacy/Lobb. The forward line sucks. Smalls doing nothing anyway

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Need JLo to respond. Players just not turning up or going out. It’s just the same same
Out: Acres, Lobb, Frederick (inj), Crowden, Schulz
In: Treacy, Meek, Giro, Switter, Cerra and Ryan

Lobb isn’t going to progress anymore then he has. He’s comfortable. Relaxed. Ever since Treacy has gone out, the forward line is just Tabs. Fredrick has been poor, Schulz has disappeared.
Why not try Meek/Darcy and Tabs/Treacy/Lobb. The forward line sucks. Smalls doing nothing anyway
We were badly out-numbered at the tall forwards feet today. It seemed to be a mix of our forwards being drawn up the ground and Brisbane's mids getting back to help. It all goes back to the mids in the end.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
We were badly out-numbered at the tall forwards feet today. It seemed to be a mix of our forwards being drawn up the ground and Brisbane's mids getting back to help. It all goes back to the mids in the end.
Again another week the mids beaten at crucial periods. This midfield is quite overrated if we keep this up. Blakely or Cerra needs to come back in. Shake things up.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Again another week the mids beaten at crucial periods. This midfield is quite overrated if we keep this up. Blakely or Cerra needs to come back in. Shake things up.
I think Blakely should stay in and see if he can maintain today's standard.
Personally I like Cerra rotating wing and inside mid. Brayshaw was much better inside than on the wing today. We need to play or find harder runners.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
In: Treacy, Ryan, Cerra
Out: Frederick, Crowden, Acres

I feel we’re really missing the player Hogan should have been for us. Lobb played a handy link up role outside fifty today but ultimately we need more than just Taberner as an aerial threat up forward. Having three talls give us the flexibility that if Lobb takes a mark on the wing there’s more than one other marking target ahead of him.

An 18 year Treacy is not the answer now but he gets closer every game he plays so just put him in.

I want to give Schultz another week. He’s had some very good games this year so I’m not sure dropping him for a guy who hasn’t played in over a month is overly smart.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
In: Treacy, Ryan, Cerra
Out: Frederick, Crowden, Acres

I feel we’re really missing the player Hogan should have been for us. Lobb played a handy link up role outside fifty today but ultimately we need more than just Taberner as an aerial threat up forward. Having three talls give us the flexibility that if Lobb takes a mark on the wing there’s more than one other marking target ahead of him.

An 18 year Treacy is not the answer now but he gets closer every game he plays so just put him in.

I want to give Schultz another week. He’s had some very good games this year so I’m not sure dropping him for a guy who hasn’t played in over a month is overly smart.
Yeah I thought the same thing when Tabs got it on the wing. Who to? Lobb was definitely going to be double teamed inside fifty if we kicked long, because the rest of our forward line were smalls.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah I thought the same thing when Tabs got it on the wing. Who to? Lobb was definitely going to be double teamed inside fifty if we kicked long, because the rest of our forward line were smalls.

Between the two of them they had 14 marks (Lobb 8 and Taberner 6 - highest two for Freo) but only six inside 50 (3 each).

If those sorts of numbers could be replicated by one other player in the team it’d go a long way to sorting out our forward line. Problem is we don’t have a suitable player currently - only an 18 year old who might get there eventually.

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
We have gone backwards since Meek, Treacy were dropped.
Darcy forward was also looking dangerous.
We need bigger bodies rucks to clear a path for our mids.
The mids need to be able to win their own ball as well. You can guarantee, the longer a particular contest goes on. the more likely we are to lose it. And if we do, that's it as far as some of them are concerned. Job done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back