Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion – Round 3 vs. St Kilda – SAT 20/06 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

JDG is a natural clearance player but he's far better value to us as a forward at this stage. Wouldn't be opposed if he attended the majority of centre bounces and pushed forward from there.

Adding him and Stevo to the forward line makes us far more dynamic. Let's hope we can move the ball from defensive 50 more efficiently and get some deeper forward entries.

We had the option to re draft him and passed. Nobody should be dirty on him.
Will have to agree to disagree on this one.

With the way he left the club and AFL in the first instance, even if we wanted to pick him back up, I don't think he would have returned to Collingwood.

I hope he has a stinker tomorrow.

JDG is a natural clearance player but he's far better value to us as a forward at this stage. Wouldn't be opposed if he attended the majority of centre bounces and pushed forward from there.

Adding him and Stevo to the forward line makes us far more dynamic. Let's hope we can move the ball from defensive 50 more efficiently and get some deeper forward entries.

Not quite as easy to orchestrate in the new 6-6-6 paradigm as it was when you could just park his replacement mid behind the footy. Unless off course we win every centre clearance while he's in there.

Will have to agree to disagree on this one.

With the way he left the club and AFL in the first instance, even if we wanted to pick him back up, I don't think he would have returned to Collingwood.

I hope he has a stinker tomorrow.
I agree to a point about how he left but until you are in his shoes and understand what he was going through at the time it is hard to judge.

Playing Cameron instead of cox is a mistake. Cameron is yet to show at any level that he is a capable forward. His around the ground work was good but we have Grundy we need him to impact the forward line. In his few contests up forward last week he looked lost. I hope this move doesn’t back fire on us when games in a shortened season leave no room for experimentation

Playing Cameron instead of cox is a mistake. Cameron is yet to show at any level that he is a capable forward. His around the ground work was good but we have Grundy we need him to impact the forward line. In his few contests up forward last week he looked lost. I hope this move doesn’t back fire on us when games in a shortened season leave no room for experimentation

Just out of interest, how many games have you seen Cameron play?

I agree to a point about how he left but until you are in his shoes and understand what he was going through at the time it is hard to judge.

I'm not making a judgement call, but a realistic one. He left the AFL and the point that Apex was making was that when he wanted to make his return, we didn't offer him that opportunity.

Another club did.

The reasons for us not making an offer are not publicly known, nor do I profess to know the reasons why, but you would have to assume that both parties would have had their reservations on a re-coupling.

Its' all water under the bridge now, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't want him to play well tomorrow. I don't want any St Kilda player to do well tomorrow for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not making a judgement call, but a realistic one. He left the AFL and the point that Apex was making was that when he wanted to make his return, we didn't offer him that opportunity.

Another club did.

The reasons for us not making an offer are not publicly known, nor do I profess to know the reasons why, but you would have to assume that both parties would have had their reservations on a re-coupling.

Its' all water under the bridge now, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't want him to play well tomorrow. I don't want any St Kilda player to do well tomorrow for that matter.
Fair, a comfortable win will be nice, not sure if Marsh will have a huge impact whatever the result.

With that weather, Cameron over Cox might not be the worst decision every made.

Cox is probably the better player, but that's due to his marking. Hopefully with Cameron being a smaller frame (albeit slightly) hes a bit more mobile and able to do some work at ground level.

Tackling game needs to be back in full force tomorrow. 6 players didn't lay a tackle for us last week, and we only had 2 players lay 3 or more. Richmond by comparison had 13 players with three or more, and as result we lost the tackle count 70-29.

Hopefully Wills coming in can help those numbers but we can't be overly reliant on just one bloke, tackling and pressure needs to be a focus for the whole 22.

Tackling game needs to be back in full force tomorrow. 6 players didn't lay a tackle for us last week, and we only had 2 players lay 3 or more. Richmond by comparison had 13 players with three or more, and as result we lost the tackle count 70-29.

Hopefully Wills coming in can help those numbers but we can't be overly reliant on just one bloke, tackling and pressure needs to be a focus for the whole 22.

At least we’ll be fresh unlike Richmond!!!!

Despite being poor in the tackle count Collingwood played an excellent pressure game last start. I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Been on this for a while. He’s just not best 22 anymore.
Imo, he was only best 22 for one year, where he overperformed in a very good side because his opponents didn't pay him any attention. I bet he would never would've been best 22 if the side wasn't as good as they were in 2018, and would probably already be gone by now if that was the case.

Happy with our changes! If JT played this week then he would have had pics of bucks in compromising positions for sure.

Think the pies win by 25. Expect to see a much improved showing on last week. I'd like to see 4 (albeit shortened) quarters of footy instead of just 1

Not sure what role is earmarked for Tyler Brown with Wills back in? Tyler has yet to show the aptitude to play on a wing or a flank, so it would have made sense to replace him with someone who could if they want Wills back in the middle.
(it might all just be a ruse to rush back JT for him as a late change :( )

How can the AFL set up a game where one side has a 9 day break hosting a side coming off a 6 day break? It's to our advantage but I reckon that's a disgrace, and such an easy problem to recognise.
Bad luck Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back