Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - BIG FREEZE 7 - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, SCG Mon 14/06 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he should play defense and isn’t a forward

I’m a bit confused why he is getting praise for almost marks when Appleby last year received nothing but criticism even though he managed to at least kick goal

Applebys problem was mostly his hamstrings. He would have got more chances if he wasnt always injured. That said maybe Appleby just wasnt good enough.

I dont care where Murphy or any other young kid plays. Same as Rantall forward last week..........its s fact of life that when young kids come in to the 22, sometimes they play in a less than ideal position compared to whats on their resume.

If theres no room in our pretty strong backline then I'd rather Murphy played rather than get dropped. His defensive aggression will be very valuable as a forward if he can start to take some of those almost marks he missed last week. Keeping the ball inside our forward 50 has been a weakness. Long term, who knows where he will end up.

Applebys problem was mostly his hamstrings. He would have got more chances if he wasnt always injured. That said maybe Appleby just wasnt good enough.

I dont care where Murphy or any other young kid plays. Same as Rantall forward last week..........its s fact of life that when young kids come in to the 22, sometimes they play in a less than ideal position compared to whats on their resume.

If theres no room in our pretty strong backline then I'd rather Murphy played rather than get dropped. His defensive aggression will be very valuable as a forward if he can start to take some of those almost marks he missed last week. Keeping the ball inside our forward 50 has been a weakness. Long term, who knows where he will end up.
I believe Appleby was actually younger than Murphy last year as they were drafted same year.

Murphy should have a place in defense, Madgen is still in the team, should take his spot.
Maybe it’ll happen after the bye, Madgen out, Murphy to defense. Ash Johnson debut

I believe Appleby was actually younger than Murphy last year as they were drafted same year.

Murphy should have a place in defense, Madgen is still in the team, should take his spot.
Maybe it’ll happen after the bye, Madgen out, Murphy to defense. Ash Johnson debut

Surely youre not suggesting Madgen plays forward?

For this week (the thread topic) .... Murphy forward is the best and arguably only solution

I agree to disagree.

(although I would be interested to see your suggested midfield with JDG and Sidebottom selected as forwards and C Brown presumably brought in to your 22)
my suggested midfield:

C: WHE,Pendlebury, Poulter
RR: Cox, Crisp, Daicos

with Macrae brought in too +Bianco also having a run through the middle. Then obviously Sidebottom having the occasional run.
I’m not a fan of De Goey in the middle, he is a turnover machine and tries to do too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah maybe he can actually try and get a kick or kick goals in the VFL

It’s hilarious people talking as if he is a goal kicker when he has averaged 1.25 goals a game. He has kicked 6 goals in 4 games this year (and let’s be honest some resulting from very soft frees). Hardly a convincing goal kicker when he has so many opportunities. And has been a total liability when he can’t take a mark (mind you as the tallest player in the league his marks are embarrassingly low).

Having said that, i think it would be good to see him ruck against Gawn for the day. Lynch up for only his 4th game while Cox’s experience would have helped. And the challenge may have finally fired him up.
Not too many forwards in history have taken 8 or 9 contested marks in a preliminary final. You write as if he is an uncoordinated bumbling joke. He has had 3 or 4 games which most Aussie born and raised footballers could only fantasize about.
Check out a highlights compilation at the end of his career and you might be surprised.
Running, bouncing goals from a 211cm giant, baulks and snaps, pack marks, spekkies, deft tap ons and handpasses.
He is more than you paint him to be.

Not too many forwards in history have taken 8 or 9 contested marks in a preliminary final. You write as if he is an uncoordinated bumbling joke. He has had 3 or 4 games which most Aussie born and raised footballers could only fantasize about.
Check out a highlights compilation at the end of his career and you might be surprised.
Running, bouncing goals from a 211cm giant, baulks and snaps, pack marks, spekkies, deft tap ons and handpasses.
So in 76 games we should focus on the 3 or 4 games???

You talk as if he has done it consistently.

In 6 seasons he has averaged less than 9 disposals a game.

I’m sure there would be an even greater compilation of his worst moments.

Not sure you could say that Rantall was 'good'. It is probably fitting that Madgen, Mayne and Thomas all play in Buckley's last game given they have been consistently selected in his teams.
Not fitting that Brown is left out

Nope, disagree. Too midgety. Happy to play Murphy as some taller muscle and let Sidey (a massively ovverrated forward) stay in the midfield rotations
I agree it’s too short people but I don’t think Murphy fixes that and just compounds the issue.

Game day/Preview now up. Thread closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back