Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - BIG FREEZE 7 - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, SCG Mon 14/06 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryKinn

Team Captain
Nov 3, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers LA Chargers
Murphy Roughead Maynard
Quaynor Moore Noble
WHE Pendlebury Poulter
Ellliot Mihocek Sidebottom
McCreery Cameron JDG
Lynch Crisp Daicos
Bianco, Sier/Rantall, Thomas, Keane
SUB - Brown
Grundy and Adams return after bye for Lynch and Thomas

Last edited:

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
With their bigs down back we definitely need Cox in to at least make them responsible for a player. Without that extra tall their bigs will continue to roll off and take intercept marks all game long. Definitely 3 talls are needed maybe Keene forward as a defensive forward on Lever.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
H
He had kicked goals in each game and had a hand in others- gave Mcceery his first goal with a deft tap. For every couple of nudges under the ball he takes a good mark or brings it to ground . He had double digit possessions in a couple of games and introduced a one handed dummy and dish off which he used to good effect.
For a side which struggles to score he should not be the one to be axed.
Are you kidding?

Harry O

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
For his last ever game it will be interesting if he selects most of his favs like Brown, Madgen and Thomas and a few others less favoured like Sier and Cox miss out.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I know he got career high possessions in one of his first three games. I also believe he kicked at least one goal in each match. Happy for you to show me his stats.
15 disposals career high? That in itself is ordinary. 4 tackles in 4 games. Zero goals and behinds in the game before he was dropped.
I’m fairly sure he has been our main target forward.
We obviously have different expectations of our key forward.

domus

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
Mooroolbark
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Mooroolbark footy club
15 disposals career high? That in itself is ordinary. 4 tackles in 4 games. Zero goals and behinds in the game before he was dropped.
I’m fairly sure he has been our main target forward.
We obviously have different expectations of our key forward.
15 disposals for a seven foot tall forward is a handy effort. We clearly don't see eye to eye on Cox. Positive reviews for Cameron recently. I'd like to check his stats.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
15 disposals for a seven foot tall forward is a handy effort. We clearly don't see eye to eye on Cox. Positive reviews for Cameron recently. I'd like to check his stats.

The gap is closing. Cameron will need to recapture the scoreboard impact of his earlier games this season or pressure will start to come. Doesn't get any easier for him this week with a likely match-up of May.

Billys Back

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
All I’m saying is that I don’t agree with you that Cox didn’t deserve to be dropped. While I think he should come in this week for Lynch, he needs to do a lot more than what he does. He has played over 70 games now and averages just over 1 goal a game and about 8-9 disposals.
Obviously his height makes him a danger in the forward line and late in the game he can take a mark further up the ground. He just need to play consistently better and take more marks, because he offers no forward pressure at all.

So we’ll agree to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good_Old

Cancelled
10k Posts Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
May 27, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
The players will have a massive dip for Bucks.

It's easy to see what angle people will run with if we lose. "See, the players obviously hated him" etc.

Apr 17, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Out: Madgen, Rantall, Noble, Lynch
In: Brown (into the 22), Johnson, Mcreery, Cox

Madgen is not up to it. Noble gets a pass from many but makes critical mistakes and is not damaging by foot he is not the type of player who should be automatically picked, would shift Murphy to the back flank in his place. Mcreery straight back in his pressure is fantastic. Brown deserves a shot in the middle, it’s the best footy he’s played in ages he isn’t a small forward so either in the mid or out of the side. Johnson we picked him for a reason our forward line needs a spark and a different look. Cox full forward rotating with Cameron in the ruck. Lynch competed but it’s a big task against Gawn in your third game.
Brown is a midget.
He is also a poor user of the ball and has no explosive power.
Not a midfielder of AFL standard.

snagbreac18

Cancelled
May 31, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lynch-Cameron ruck, Cox as forward.

Personally feel Cox is needed and is becoming more and more relevant. A tall at FF can help to take defenders away from Elliott. You need two for Cox and that leaves one forward - be that McCreery, Elliot or other - exposed.

Madgen...ah! Almost anyone would be better now. I'm tempted to blood Johnson because really Madgen isn't a defender, forward or wingman. There's someone more relevant or better in almost every position we play him at. Except shooting guard. He can join the CM basketball team and play with Pendles, Rantall, Wilson, Grundy, Cox (bench) et al.

Noble - don't drop Noble. He wins the ball. What he does next is the issue but who do you put make in. No one. Kelly plays a different role.

Brown - Yes. Who for? Thomas or Rantall. They play a conflicting role. He could also play mid C. Brown because he's laying tackles.

McCreery - I think we need him for anyone.

Sub: Macrae or Rantall. Leaning Macrae. Macrae is solid.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back