Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's good at roving his own ruckwork, but if he couldn't ruck he would be a garbage midfielder, let's be honest.

Slow and lacks agility, he'd be a huge liability.

i wrote the below in the Grundy thread a little while back

"He is ranked 15th in the AFL (ie ALL players) for Stoppage Clearances - Gawn ranks 48, NN ranks 25.
His ranking of 15 is higher than Fyfe, Coniglio, Boak , Tom Mitchell to name a few
Ranked 16th in AFL for Total Contested Possession - Gawn ranks 63, NN ranks 43".

A huge liability? Not according to those stats.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
i wrote the below in the Grundy thread a little while back

"He is ranked 15th in the AFL (ie ALL players) for Stoppage Clearances - Gawn ranks 48, NN ranks 25.
His ranking of 15 is higher than Fyfe, Coniglio, Boak , Tom Mitchell to name a few
Ranked 16th in AFL for Total Contested Possession - Gawn ranks 63, NN ranks 43".

A huge liability? Not according to those stats.

He gets stoppage clearances because he either takes the ball out of the ruck and kicks it, or roves his own taps.

If he wasn't playing in the ruck do you seriously think he would be a top clearance mid?

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Genuine question - what would be the thought process behind having a game plan where we go backwards with kicking and handball before moving the ball into the forward line?

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Genuine question - what would be the thought process behind having a game plan where we go backwards with kicking and handball before moving the ball into the forward line?
Maintain posession whilst looking for the perfect 50 entry - trouble is every team in the league is aware of it and simply loads up the backline. That tactic is fine - as a change up - but not all the time when the opposition know it's coming.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did you read my post? The stats show he is not a liability when playing in the ruck,because he is good at roving his own taps and grabbing the ball out of the ruck then clearing it

you said if he couldn’t ruck he’d be a garbage midfielder - but he can Ruck, and his “midfield” stats for a Ruckman are very good, and far better than many star mids not to mention Gawn and NN.

He would never have been given a $7 mill contract if he was either just a midfielder or just a Ruckman.
So I think your “garbage” claim is moot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fruit

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maintain posession whilst looking for the perfect 50 entry - trouble is every team in the league is aware of it and simply loads up the backline. That tactic is fine - as a change up - but not all the time when the opposition know it's coming.
Thanks. Probably also not a great tactic when we have a few players with average kicking skills.

Nebula1971

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
F1 McLaren
This has the Collingwood vs Tigers 2018 Prelim written all over it, except it’s not a Prelim.

We are going to upset the Eagles there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could feel it...

WHAT A FU<K1NG WIN!!!!

And even Cox emulated some of his brilliance from that Prelim too.

Back