Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason I showed the graphic was to highlight the fact that he only had 4 in 2 games as a forward. Most of his score involvements came when he was a defender. Average 2 per game.

Thanks for telling me I have an issue doctor.

I’m obsessing over goalkickers because we currently play 3 forwards (WHE, JT, Varcoe) who couldn’t kick a goal to save their lives. They haven’t kicked many for the whole year.

FWIW, Trey has had 12 score involvements in 4 games. Average 3 per game. He has the ability to be involved in scores.

Varcoe has nothing over Ruscoe except his tackling pressure, which used to be elite. Now, the pressure is below average.

He was poor in the Port game but that doesn't flow through to your claim he's been ineffective as a forward this year. The 4 score involvements against the Suns has him =7th among the Pies and =9th for the match. He was 1 of only 7 players credited for a goal assist in that match.

I might be bias but this could be the greatest ever finals win if we can pull it off.

Kane Cornes has already said we have no chance 😂

Kane Cornes gets paid per headline. He just talks s**t for clickbait. He's the same campaigner who said Richmond were cooked halfway through this season. Genuine peabrain.

But That’s exactly what Trey is supposed to be.

He’s a medium marking type who hasnt shown any signs of being able to take a mark.

Ruscoe was dropped for a reason ( as harsh as it may have seemed at the time). If my memory serves me correctly Cox and DeGoey were absent when he played...possibly Stevo too.

No way he gets selected with those players back.
I know Trey is a medium marking type that’s why I’d rather move WHE to a different role and keep Varcoe rather than drop Varcoe for him.

Though I agree I find it hard to see him back in the side.

This situation is borderline match fixing by the AFL and WA government to allow this situation to happen. This competition has little integrity as the AFL can basically engineer any result it would like.

Was listening to Bucks on the radio talking about being predictable and using the system. * me he’s got no idea. WCE are laughing because they can break our system easily and not break a sweat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been spoken about, but why did we have to fly up last Friday to Perth instead of flying up Tuesday the day after our game? Just seems totally unfair that WCE flew up Friday a whole week before us and are out of lockdown, while our players are stuck in a hotel up until a day before the match.

I think Varcoe and Stevo get dropped. Varcoe is finished and Stevo has lost all confidence.
Unfortunately agree that Varcoe is done, even though I love him for the team.

I do think we should play Stepho, he can pull something out of the bag and is great at ground level with a tonne of pace. He has missed a bit of footy this year and hopefully the confidence comes as it's do or die on Saturday! There isn't many I'd rather have in the team that are not already in it, if that makes sense.

Not sure if this has been spoken about, but why did we have to fly up last Friday to Perth instead of flying up Tuesday the day after our game? Just seems totally unfair that WCE flew up Friday a whole week before us and are out of lockdown, while our players are stuck in a hotel up until a day before the match.
They can still train though can’t they?

Unfortunately agree that Varcoe is done, even though I love him for the team.

I do think we should play Stepho, he can pull something out of the bag and is great at ground level with a tonne of pace. He has missed a bit of footy this year and hopefully the confidence comes as it's do or die on Saturday! There isn't many I'd rather have in the team that are not already in it, if that makes sense.
It is a tough one with Stevo. His body language really worries me, seems to have the world on his shoulders. If he’s not switched on it could get ugly against WC.

Thoughts on playing the three rucks again - Grundy, Cox and Cameron?
Weather is looking good, might stretch them a bit, give Grundy extra support.
Just don't see enough effort from Cameron albeit his played a handful of matches. I still don't think he'd suit a do or die final.

They can still train though can’t they?
Well you'd think so, but why couldn't we have flown up on Tuesday and trained at Optus Stadium, it would've given us an extra three days in Perth to adapt to conditions.

Just don't see enough effort from Cameron albeit his played a handful of matches. I still don't think he'd suit a do or die final.
I reckon the only way we win is to take a risk. Fast ball movement to a tall forward line. If we go slow we get torched on the rebound. We also need to find a way to negate their centre clearance. If Nic Nat dominates we are in trouble.

Back