Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So your saying we need pick up some more mids?

Well, we can’t help the Sidebottom situation but I’d have picked Sier for starters, if fit. And I’d have given our top two draft picks (Rantall and Bianco) some games this season, to find out what they were capable of, instead of going back to the same old underwhelming set of plodders who are devoid of any X-factor.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thefly38

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal , LA Clippers , Seattle SH
Last time against eagles

Attachments

• 1F35E006-F4DF-4815-8D00-49CD287A3032.png
    1F35E006-F4DF-4815-8D00-49CD287A3032.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 84

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes. I'd prefer the unknown than the known useless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be proven wrong. But don't @ me when the final siren sounds and Cameron hasn't had a mark and has touched it 5 times.

I appreciate and value the effort you put into the match previews.

Calling a guy who has played nine games and kicked the most goals for us the last time we played the team we take on tomorrow night 'the known useless' is garbage. It ignores patently evident facts and even if the stats supported your view, it would still be garbage.

I will @ you when Cameron takes a contested mark and kicks a goal

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wait, I'm confused. Has Jeremy Cameron been traded and named already or is it Darcy Cameron and Cox playing alongside eachother..........I know crazy isn't it, but where is the Welcome Jeremy Cameron thread :rolleyes:

No, its Charlie Cameron

I'm a bit concerned hes playing two games in 24 hours but its worth the risk

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
That’s not really that damning an argument when compared to someone with 4 career goals, in 8 more games played.

I'm not trying to damn Kelly.

But Cameron has twice as many goals against West Coast, in one game as Kelly has in his entire career.

And then we have the fact people want to overlook where Cameron plays in the ruck and played an entire game where he wasn't an inside 50 target at all, he was leading up the wing when he wasn't chopping Grundy out. Kelly is a pure forward and I hope he makes it but there's a lot of water to go under that bridge and playing him in a final in 2020 would have been a terrible idea, which is why we aren't doing it

LuckyLee

Premiership Player
Mar 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I bet you were unwaveringly positive about Trav Cloke when he was playing.

You would have been just constantly counting our blessings that we had him and not lamenting his shortcomings at any stage.

I am just sure of it

Like most I had love/hate feelings about Cloke (esp when kicking for goal from 20m) but what does that have to do with our Club’s complete and utter failure to recruit even one A-grade key forward in more than a decade?

Stop being obtuse.

He wasn't playing forward in all of those games. He was in the ruck, and up the ground taking marks on the wing.

He kicked two in the game he played against the mob we are playing against tomorrow.

A game in which we were pumped and had fewer inside 50s than we will have tomorrow night.

He's well worth a shot
I must’ve missed all that time Grundy spent off the ground or in other positions in those games. Hint: he spent * all time doing both

He was primarily a forward, like Cox is. And he was practically useless. Maybe it’ll come off but it wouldn’t have been the decision I’d have made

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Like most I had love/hate feelings about Cloke (esp when kicking for goal from 20m) but what does that have to do with our Club’s complete and utter failure to recruit even one A-grade key forward in more than a decade?

Because we don't deserve them, because negative flogs don't appreciate them and only realise after they've retired that they were lucky to have them.

This is true of Saverio, Anthony, Chris and Travis.

If I was a 195cm+ forward I wouldn't come to Collingwood. Fluck that. Every time I missed a goal from 30m I'd get spat on by my own supporters as I walked off the field.

In short, I blame you, and your ilk.

If Will comes on, try to be a bit grateful maybe and perhaps 'we' won't emotionally destroy him and force him to run to another club or early retirement

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Because we don't deserve them, because negative flogs don't appreciate them and only realise after they've retired that they were lucky to have them.

This is true of Saverio, Anthony, Chris and Travis.

If I was a 195cm+ forward I wouldn't come to Collingwood. Fluck that. Every time I missed a goal from 30m I'd get spat on by my own supporters as I walked off the field.

In short, I blame you, and your ilk.

If Will comes on, try to be a bit grateful maybe and perhaps 'we' won't emotionally destroy him and force him to run to another club or early retirement

Well said mate - we have Some supporters who are downhill skiers.
Some of those whining about these selections today, would still have whinged that Bucks “never tries anything new” if the predicted changes had occurred.

Last edited:
Back