Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - EF vs. West Coast Eagles - OS (Perth), Sat 03/10 @ 8:10pm AEST

Do you think we can win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How do you apply for border exemptions to get into WA? Someone should fill in the application for Steele and his family. I don't even trust that the club would've tried
I'd rather not deal with the public outrage if by some miracle Steele and his family get an exemption. Would be a massive unecessary distraction if he played. Our young leaders need to learn how to step-up without him.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
OUT:
Varcoe
JT
T.Brown
WHE
Elliott (has to be held accountable for being a liability)

IN:
Sier
Ruscoe
Mayne
Broomhead (last chance to prove he's still up to the level)
Murphy (been emergency enough times to at least have a chance)
C brown will come in for Stevo as the only change 🤣

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Swinging 5 changes before a final seems over the top for Buckley
Oh I know that the changes I want most aren't happening. Fully expecting at least 3 of WHE, JT, Elliott and Varcoe to stay in, and any ins would likely be spuds like Callum Brown, Wills and Appleby (or even Reid, who isn't a spud, but too cooked and injury prone to be a logical selection).

OUT:
Varcoe
JT
T.Brown
WHE
Elliott (has to be held accountable for being a liability)

IN:
Sier
Ruscoe
Mayne
Broomhead (last chance to prove he's still up to the level)
Murphy (been emergency enough times to at least have a chance)
Elliott wasn't at his best but hardly a liability. Certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Elliott wasn't at his best but hardly a liability. Certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped.
He was a liability last night. Stuffed up every opportunity we had to win a centre clearance (when he was in there), or move the ball forward effectively. He's been playing mostly midfield this year, and his highest disposal count is 19 (which only happened once), and the next best is 15. He hasn't been held accountable all year, and after the absolute mare he had last night, certainly deserves to be dropped (probably more than anyone based on last night alone, when you take his experience and history out of the picture).

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Firstly
Tactics
Cox to take centre bounces
Centre square at all times
Grundy to play as a ruck Rover at centre clearance then ruck
Greenwood swaps with Cox and takes Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think weather is kinda meh either way. Dry obviously their Talls in Kennedy, Allen, darling will cause issues. Wet, well we will get beaten in the clearances through Nic Nat, and they actually have genuine crumbers. Put simply they have a completely balanced team, we don’t.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
O man I’m going to enjoy backing up in 5 days time and beating Port.

I actually can’t wait to see the tears when we have all Victorian prelims.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I come in peace, sorry if this will be offensive to some given I’m a Richmond supporter.

I just wanted to say that it’s an absolute disgrace that you lot are forced to play west coast over there in what is meant to be a fair and equitable competition. Now I know that money and getting fans to the game is high priority for the AFL but it’s a sport after all and there should be some attempt at fairness. The fact that Collingwood haven’t had a home game all year and have to play a team who’s played half the year at their home deck...at their home for the final is wrong.

Those who will inevitably squeal “oh but they’ve earned the right and the grand final is played every year at the MCG” are completely missing the point. This is not any given year where teams like West Coast get a tremendous advantage during the home and away and then forfeit that for an MCG grand final disadvantage. It doesn’t all work out in the wash like every other year. This is a team who’s been completely disadvantaged during the home and away who will now be disadvantaged further in the finals.

Anyway, I’m sure it’s been discussed to death. I just wanted to show my support as a non Collingwood person that you’re not the only ones who think it’s garbage.

All the best. Genuinely hope you can get it done.

Unless I'm not getting the sarcasm or the patronism, this is rare for an oppo fan let alone a tiges fan showing empathy for the Pies and actually wanting us to win.

That's rarer than Pies flags!

I suspect this is sarcasm and patronism though.

Darkyprotector

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Stepho cannot be selected on that performance
Tyler brown
Thomas
Noble not one tackle
Ins Mayne
Seir
Kelly